Chapter 12- Kim’s Mansion

TENANT

 

“it’s already late and you still soaked in water, why don’t you just invite Jungkook to stay for the night?” Heechul is in good condition and he also wants to play cupid for his little brother.

Jungkook offered Heechul a ride earlier and found out that he lives few blocks from the Park’s mansion, turns out that the kim’s also owned a property in this area. The house was bigger than the park’s, there the beautiful lights that brightened the drive way.

“uhm… right, please stay for the night.” Taehyung was shy that’s for sure but Jungkook don’t know how to react, so all this time he has a mansion somewhere but choose to live in a rundown apartment, then his brother is one of the owner of the company where he works. The biggest question is ‘Why?’

“is it fine?” he mumbled enough to be heard.

“Sure, come in” Taehyung smiles at him and for the nth time, it melts his heart.

By entering the door you can see the huge family portrait of Kim’s on the side and there are sofa’s in the middle, past the receiving room is a spiral staircase, the interior is no joke, the walls were white and the floor is covered with marble, under the table is a woolen carpet, a huge screen was hung flat on one wall designed by tiles and a couple of indoor plants were placed below. There is a modern chandelier hanging from above giving them light. On the other side is a bar with lots of wine, booze, scotch and other liquor on display. There are glass door that leads to the backyard and wooden doors that leads to some rooms. Windows were huge glasses and what’s more interesting is that under the staircase is a huge aquarium with small and colorful variety of fishes.

“Oh my, Master why are you soaking wet?” a middle aged woman approach them, she’s wearing a maids uniform.

“Oh, we played a bit at the Park’s, kindly prepare the guest room for this young man” Heechul said handling her his bag.

“He will take the room next to mine.” Taehyung stated then guide them further the house.

“Yes sir” the maid went up the staircase and another one came up with towels.

Jungkook just finish his bath and now sitting on the queen sized bed, the room is huge, the walls were cream and it has its own bathroom and closet. There is a screen not as huge as the one on the receiving area but it is big enough. There is a carpet under the bed and a personal fridge filled with drinks and stuffs. Jungkook thought that he was in a first class suit.

Looking at the time it was one thirty in the morning and somehow he felt tired. He wore the pajamas Taehyung gave him and with a smile, he tucked himself to bed and ready to go dreamland when he heard a faint knock.

With a questioning look, Jungkook stands up and open the door, Taehyung is standing there in his blue stripes pajama.

“I’ll sleep here, with you.”

 

Meanwhile, in Lee’s Mansion…

Hyukjae was too drunk to walk so Donghae give him a piggy back ride and walk with Eugine into their house. The walk was silent, they can hear some insects and other animals but that didn’t scare them. Hoseok offered to walk them home but Eugine refused, mainly because their house were on the different direction. Before they separate ways, Eugine gave him assurance that he will be fine and promise to call him once he reach his home.

“Since when did you and Hoseok starts dating?” Donghae asks all of a sudden making Eugine look at him.

“A couple of weeks ago” he is not sure by the way, but Donghae just smile.

“You know, I’m not surprised though, he’s been keeping it all to himself” Eugine stops walking and so does Donghae.

“What do you mean?” he had this feeling that there is something he didn’t know about.

“Hoseok likes you since he was in highchool, we always told him to confess but he didn’t do it, he just love to watch and take care of you from afar.” Donghae's smile becomes wider. “He always acts annoyed in front you cause that is the only way to get your attention” he pause and then continue walking, Eugine took bigger steps to catch up with him.

“Your brother and I were happy to know that at last, you are in good hands. He is reliable and responsible, especially when he treasures the people involved, just like then… when that accident happen four years ago.” Donghae becomes talkative when he is drunk that’s the fact but today he just took a couple of shots. He don’t know if it’s the ambiance, the late night or what, but he just let the words flow out of him.

“What accident?” he asked intrigue.

“Remember when you caught in a fight because you were too drunk? Then a couple of goons wants to hit on you and they abducted you? He is the one who found you back then” Eaugine was astonished he didn’t even notice that they were standing on their gate, all questions he had in mind were cut off when the maid opened the gate and let them in, he assist Donghae and lend him to Hyukjae’s room.

“We need to change his clothes first, then he needs to take medicines” Donghae stated once the door to Hyukjae’s room was opened.

“You can do it all by yourself” Eugine is tired and he just want to sleep too. “You can do it, as a matter of fact you’ve done it a couple of times already” Donghae’s face turned into crimson red and he was about to hit the younger but Eugine is quick enough to shut the door between them.

Once on his own room, Eugine decided to take a shower first, he close his eyes and unintentionally had a flashback of what happened that time…

He runs across the street followed by a couple of men from behind. He was cutting classes that afternoon and instead of attending school he went to his friend’s house and got drunk, he and his other two friends decided to go out--club hopping, when one of them accidentally bumped into another group, Eugine didn’t know how it started but he just run with his friends in the middle of the night.

He being a non-athletic student was caught and two of his friends vanished in thin air, it turns out that he was taken by the group and hold him as hostage. He remembers how he woke up with the faint scent of cigarette and coffee, the bedsheet is white and the wall is white. His arms tied on his back and so his feet. There is a gauge on his mouth.

“You are awake?” the voice sounds familiar, he tried his best to sit up and look around and there he found one of his friends. The man came to him and remove the gauge.

“What are you doing? Undo my hands” Eugine says thinking this is a kind of prank.

“Can’t do, sorry friend, someone wants to see you” his friends name is Scot, a half American and half Korean exchange student.

“What do you mean you can’t?” he hissed not having any of this as he grew irritated. The door opened and to his surprise another man, a bit older than them enter the room.

“Remember my brother William?” Scot smile at him. “It is his birthday today, and I asked him what gift he wanted, he said you” he added standing proud in front of him.

“Are you crazy!?” Eugine knew him, they met before, He is friends with Hyukjae and visits their house a couple of times. “Come on, stop this non-sense, Let me go.”

Eugine’s mind bring him back to present when he hears a knock on his door, he quickly put shampoo and body soap then rinse and grab a towel to dry his body, after wearing a boxer shorts he put on a robe, by the time he step out of the bathroom another knock was heard. Once he open the door he was surprised by his brother hugging him.

“Eugine-ah, I am so sorry…” Hyukjae was sobbing, behind him was a tired donghae.

“I tried to stop him, but he said he wants to see you.” Their rooms were on the opposite wings of the house, it looks like Hyukjae drags his to get there.

“What happened?” Eugine asked while Donghae just wave a hand and push the door open so they all can go inside.

Eugine assists his brother to sit on his bed and the other went to get some drinks from his not-so-personal fridge.

“Eugine-ah, please don’t hate me, I am so sorry” Hyukjae said repeatedly he even have hiccups because of too much crying.

“Yah, what’s happening? Hyung I am here…” Eugine starts to worry, this is the first time-as far as he remembers- that his brother acts this way.

“Every time he is drunk, this is the scenario… well welcome to the club!” Donghae stated offering them water.

After a while, Eugine decided to let his brother lay in his bed, tucking him in his duvets and was about to stand when Hyukjae tugs his robe, pulls him back to his sitting position and put a secure hand around his torso. Eugine was flabbergasted and Donghae’s giggle didn’t help.

“Don’t go… gene…” he mumbles in his sleep.

“You know, your brother loves you more than what you think.” Donghae is now sitting on the other side of the bed, Eugine just look at him with unbelievable expression.

“Heechul is right, your brother always told us stories of you… how cute you are when you were a kid, how fluffy your curly hair is, how you always wait for him during meals, how you takes care of him when he is sick… he even told us how you always cried when your mom and dad needs sends him overseas for vacation.” Donghae paused looking at Hyukjae with those loving eyes.

“And you know, your brother almost lost his mind when you were abducted.” Eugine felt something inside him, something he cannot explain.