Chapter 6- Couple of couples

TENANT

 

Taehyung arrives to his workplace in time and he was surprise to see Hoseok and Eugine in his office with a cake. “Oh, it’s a welcome back gift from us.” Hoseok said hugging the owner of the office in which he earns a giggle from him.

“You have to tell me, what happened? You were almost out for four days!” he added after letting go of his friend.

“Something came up and I woke up at the hospital, but I am fine now.” He stated and smile at the youngest man in the room.

“So how about you two? You seems to be getting along?” he teased them intentionally.

Both men look at each other before looking at him at the same time, they were about to say something when they heard a knock on the door and the senior marketing manager peak his head first before he enters the room.

“Taehyung-ah, how are you feeling?” he handed the said man a paper bag full of biscuits and energy drinks. “Here, these are for you”

“I’m perfectly fine now sir, thank you” he bows his head, his senior manager, Lee Sungmin is one of the few people who talks to him. He is kind and understanding and he was the one who recommended Taehyung’s promotion. They barely speak to each other though because most of the time, Sungmin was out of the country for business.

“That’s good to hear, anyways, I’m a bit hurt seeing that the other department went here to welcome you before I did” he said teasing Jung Hoseok and his intern.

“Aigoo, Manager Lee, you know I often take care of him, but I got busy this past few days to the point of not seeing him too… so I must come here to welcome him” Hoseok voice out making Sungmin smile.

“Anyways, we have to go. See you at lunch!” Taehyung nods and says thank you before they left the room.

Jungkook seats at his chair in his own office carefully listening on the conversation next room, it’s not that loud but he can hear some laughter and he wish he was there.

He shook his head and starts to read the long forgotten documents on the top of his table when the door to his office swung open and one of his hyung enters.

“What’s the matter hyung? You look constipated” he asks with a frown.

“Ugh! I need your help. Hyukjae doesn’t want to talk to me” The new comer also known as Lee Donghae didn’t wait for an invitation and just sat down on the couch.

“What did you do this time?” He asks putting down the documents once again, the door swung open and Lee Sungmin enters the room.

“I lend my clothes to my friend” he started shutting his eyes tighter.

“And those clothes were the one Hyukjae given to me” he added making Jungkook and Sungmin speechless.

“And I lend them to his brother” Now it’s a big trouble.

“You did what?” they both said in unison.

Yes, Eugine Lee is Hyukjae Lee’s younger brother, they were in good terms before an incident happened many years ago and everything they had collapsed like a fragile glass that slipped from someone’s hand.

“Uh oh. You know those two were not in good terms, and how the hell did you lend something too personal to him?” Jungkook asks rubbing the bridge of his nose.

“The question here, is how Eugine ended up in your room?” Sungmin added making Donghae grab his own hair.

“Wait! Nothing happens between us!” he stood up when the question completely sink in his mind.

“I know, but how?” Sungmin asks emphasizing the last question.

“I just received his call that night, he said he needs help because he saw someone parked a suspicious car in front of his apartment. It is almost midnight so I let him in” Donghae tries to recall what happened that night.

“Oh, did you tell Hyukjae hyung about it?” Jungkook asks.

“He is not listening! He’s so mad that he even drive himself to work this morning” Donghae felt like his tears starts to build up and they will fall anytime soon.

“Give him some time to cool off, then apologize properly” Sungmin suggested giving him a tap on his shoulders.

____

Taehyung heard a faint knock on his door before it slowly opens and revealed Jungkook, he smiles to his visitor and gestures him to come in.

“Let’s get some lunch?” Taehyung smiles brighter and stood up just in time Hoseok and Eugine enters the room and stunned to see his visitor.

“Oops, sorry we didn’t know you have guest” Hoseok said a bit uncertain making Taehyung laugh.

“No hyung, you’re just in time, let’s go eat lunch together” and to that, everyone looks at him.

Now the four of them were walking towards the hallway and just in time the CEO and the senior marketing manager stands there and waiting for the elevator to arrive.

“Lee Hyukjae! What’s the matter! Why did you left me in the meeting room?” Donghae came up to them catching his breath. Hyukjae only look at him and show no expression. When they hear the ‘ding’ of the elevator they all went in with Eugine on the very back, trying to avoid his brother and the others.

Donghae got fed of it and do something that no one expects him to do. He puts an arm around Hyukjae making Sungmin shook his head.

“Don’t you dare to remove it” Donghae’s words came out of a greeted teeth as he felt the slimmer man’s body become stiff. He then took the opportunity to capture the other’s lips clearly showing ownership and how dominant he is. Jungkook instinctively covers Taehyung’s eyes even though he is the younger, they were right in front of them and Hoseok step forward and turns to face Eugine, blocking him from the scene, but it’s too late he already saw it and he lowered his head, hands ball into fist.

Hyukjae was extremely surprise and before he realize the doors opened and Donghae guided him out not caring about at eyes staring at them, and he still have his arm around Hyukjae.

“Oh god!” Sungmin exhaled the air he holds up to his lungs and follow them, Taehyung got a hold of Jungkook’s hand that still covering his eyes.

“Hey” Hoseok gently calls out to Eugine who just wave a hand at him “I need to go to the wash room” without lifting his head he rushed out of the elevator.

They were sitting and silently eating their food but Eugine still not back and Hoseok would be lying if he says it doesn’t bothered him, with an unsettled mind he stood up and excuse himself then he went in the comfort room, slowly he opened the cubicle one by one until he reached the last one he knock on it the door opens and a familiar young man came out with red eyes and puffy cheeks.

“Come on, you can’t go back to work like that. I’ll send you home” Hoseok new better, yes he don’t want to drag with his business but what can he do? Let the kid cry like that overnight?

“No, hyung… I can go home” Eugine walk passed him and went to the sink splash some cold water to his face and whipped it down using a handkerchief.

“No, I’ll send you home” he insist but the younger walk out of like he didn’t hear him, “I said I’ll send you home!” Hoseok didn’t mean to sound rude but his voice got a little louder and they caught some attention.

“Leave. Me. Alone” the words were cold and flat and when Eugine’s eyes met his own he felt the shiver crawling under his skin. Those eyes were filled with pain and other emotions mixed together, but still Hoseok put an arm around him and dragged the younger down to the basement where he parked his car.

“Get in” he opened the door and offers the front passenger seat but the young male did not make any movement, instead tears starts to stream down his face again and his body begins to shake.

Eugine felt his body getting weak so he tries to gather some strength by clutching the door of the car but he did not expect those pair of strong hands around him.

“You don’t have to pretend like your fine in front of me.” Hoseok whispers in his ears and it make him cry harder letting all of the pain go away.

“Why, why does it have to be me?” he asks no one in particular as he let the muffled cry continue.

___

“You shouldn’t have done that!” Hyukjae’s voice laced with anger, now Donghae was sitting on his couch looking at him intently like he wanted to argue but he choose to keep quiet and follow the unsettled male walking back and forth in front of him.

“So now you are talking” he said in a serious tone that makes Hyukjae stop and look at him with sharp eyes and clenched teeth.

“You keep on ignoring me since yesterday, you don’t listen to me, but now here you are in my house and yelling at me” he added while looking into those piercing eyes without a single blink.

“So that’s why you kissed me? In front of every one? Including my younger brother?” he bombed him with his question in a sarcastic way.

“Listen up Lee Hyukjae. I know and you know that we were together for quite long. You should open it up to him by now. I once took the initiative on telling him but you did not agree on that.” Donghae can’t keep his cool anymore, he stood up and walk slowly towards the other male. “Until when? Don’t you think your brother didn’t know about us?” he stops when they were inches apart.

“Did he know?” Hyukjae break the eye contact and turn around facing the window. He can’t keep it that way, especially when Donghae was this serious.

“Yes. The day he confessed to me I told him that I already love you” he said leaning his head on the others shoulder. “I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to hurt any of you. About the other night he saw someone suspicious outside his apartment so I let him in, it was almost midnight I let him sleep on the guest room. We didn’t even talk that night, he came here so exhausted to the point that he slept until the morning comes and I need to wake him up. My clothes don’t fit him so I lend him that one.” He explained wholeheartedly as tears begun to stream down his face.

Hyukjae close his eyes, he knew Donghae becomes emotional when it comes to their relationship. He took a deep breath and ruffled the hair of his boyfriend, trying to sooth him.

“I’m sorry… I act on impulse and made things worst” he admitted but he still don’t know what to do with his younger brother. He felt those familiar arms around his waist so he trace them until their fingers were laced together.

-------

hi,here is an update, i hope you like it :)