Chapter 26- Double Trouble

TENANT

 

Jungkook was forced to go clubbing with his friends tonight, they drink and dance, they sing on the top of their lungs. He knew it’s their way of distracting him from the reality that keeps on hunting him. They were trying their best to cheer him up, but he also knew that they were affected with Taehyung’s sudden disappearance too.

“Come on Jeon! Let’s dance!” Hoseok drags him on the dance floor, but instead of dancing, he just stands there watching the crowd go wild. “You know, I need some air” he said a bit louder so he can be heard despite of the blasting music.

Jungkook made his way out on the back door and went to the smoking area, he pulled out a stick of cigarette and light it up, looking at the dark sky, he blew out the smoke. How long has it been since the last time he went for a smoke? Ah it was before he met Taehyung, cigarette taste better back then. And how long since he last saw Taehyung? It’s been a month, and it’s still fresh like it was just yesterday. God knows how much he misses the man.

Jungkook who lost in his trace, fished up his phone and dialed the same number over and over again, but like the other days, he reached the same voice mails. At least he could hear Taehyung’s voice even if it’s just recorded. “Taehyung, this is me…again… if you hear this message please let me know, I just want to know if you’re fine. Just… please.” He ended the voice mail before his tears fall down again, with a blurry vision, he didn’t realize that someone was approaching him. A man wearing hoodie and black pants, they bump into each other and Jungkook stumbles before he falls down.

“Watch where you’re going, kid” the man said looking down on him.

Jungkook just shrug it and let it go, he is not in the mood to start a fight so he stood up and apologize before going back with his friends. He saw Hoseok and Eugine making out on their table so he went to the bar instead, he asked the bartender for a drink. He look back on the dance floor trying to see a certain Jimin but he can’t see it, instead he saw a familiar built in there, Jungkook suddenly went into the crowd and follow that person, but when he reach the man’s arms his hopes collapsed cause it is not Taehyung, it’s just a random guy who looks at him so confused. He said ‘sorry, wrong person’ before he went back at the bar and drink his beer.

Jungkook emptied a couple of bottles of beer and now the alcohol was kicking and he felt dizzy, the loud music didn’t help too. He made his way once again trying to look for Jimin but he failed, he becomes frustrated now. He went to their table and found Eugine and Hoseok gulping their drinks, well that’s better that witnessing them making out. “Hyung, where is Jimin?” he asked. “Hmm? He’s just there, dancing” Hoseok answered, his eyelids were dropping. “Looks like we should call it a night, I’ll look for Jimin, you two can go home now” Jungkook said gaining a nod of approval from Eugine.

It’s been half an hour and Jimin cannot be found, Jungkook becomes anxious and he dialed Jimin’s number several times already but no one answers. He went out of the club and into the alley he goes, still trying to reach his friend. Jungkook once again bump into another man, and with his frustration this time he hissed “watch out!” the man look at him and smile “Oh look, it’s you again… why so pissed?” the man’s smile disappears “I told you to watch where you’re going, why does it feels like you are looking for trouble?” he added.

“You’re the one who should watch your way!” he yelled, there is this staring contest between them, I should teach you a lesson, and with that that the man throws a punch on Jungkook’s stomach, and it hurts, Jungkook fight back but this man is stronger, another punch on his cheek and Jungkook felt that pain even under the influence of alcohol, he threw a punch hitting the opponent around the face.

“You’re weak, must be the reason why he left you” the man said enough to be heard by Jungkook. The man hit him once more and he fall on his side, curling up, unable to speak cause of too much pain. The man keeps on kicking his stomach until another man stops him.

“Hey, why don’t you pick up your own size?” the voice is familiar but Jungkook can’t specify who it is.

“And who are you?” the other man asks turning his back on Jungkook, he hears him giggle. “He is just a kid, leave him be.” The new comer said once more “if you are looking for a fight, why don’t you try me?” he added. “No, I’m good…I’m just teaching him a lesson” he answered putting his hands in his pockets, a sign that he don’t want to fight. “Besides, that pretty face would be wasted if I beat you up” the man starts to walk closing the distance with the new comer “I rather have you on my bed” he added before walking past him completely.

Jungkook woke up in the hospital next morning, Hoseok and Eugine visited him with flowers and a basket of fruits. How did he get there? He doesn’t know.

“The nurse said you need to take these medicines, and you are free to go” Hoseok handed him the small paper bag full of ointments for his bruises. “Are you sure you didn’t recognize that man?” He added after wards.

“No Hyung, its dark that night plus I’m so dizzy that I could not remember his face, all I know is that he is strong and tall” Hoseok just nod “by the way did you hear anything from Jimin?”

“Yeah, he’s fine… he’s at work.” Eugine hands him another paper bag, “your clothes”.

---

Jimin woke up with a severe headache, he wasted himself last night, too much drink and all, he remembers that someone picked him up from the bathroom of the bar and then that’s it. He groans as he tries to remember what happened after that. He decided to open his eyes just to be welcomed by an unfamiliar surroundings, the walls has its olive green paint, same as the ceiling with a modern lights hanging, a huge flat-screen TV was attached into the wall, the room is big and spacious, there are modern lamps on the side of the bed, and the bedsheet were black contradicting the white pillows, and the man sleeping beside him…Yes there is a man beside him.

Jimin almost jump from the bed when he realize his situation, doing so he pulled out the duvets with him revealing the man on the bed, good thing he was lying on his belly. The said man stir in his sleep and buried his face deep into the pillows “what now? It’s too early, come here love, go back to sleep” he said while tapping the part of the bed where Jimin came from. “What the hell?!” Jimin was talking to himself but it came out too loud. “I need to go.” He said trying to figure which way will lead him out of this room. Jimin took the door on the right, he tried to find his clothes but he failed, the man on the bed did not follow him out so he guess he went back to sleep. On the other side of the door is a hallway, there are few doors but he took the staircase at the end, he walks into a somewhat looks like a living room, light gray paint, a designed wall and wooden floor, there is a coffee table and a set of sofa, the curtains are white and on the right is a kitchen with a counter and high chairs.

“You love to roam around the house ?” a man asks him, makes Jimin flinch. The said man walks toward the kitchen and grab some drinks from the fridge. “You, where am I? What do you want from me?” Jimin asks making sure his body was covered by the duvet. The man just looks at him, you know me, I’m glad you remember, which makes it easy for the both of us.” He said this time grabbing the phone. “Hello Yoongi hyung, your wife is down here, probably ” Jimin’s eyes got wider as he turn around and run up the stairs he goes he tries to open one of the doors he passed by but all of them were locked.

“Why are you lurking here with a duvet?” the voice came from behind him makes him shiver. He didn’t answer instead he just prays that the door will open, but it didn’t, instead he felt a hand from behind pressed against the close door. Jimin halts his actions and hold on to his duvet tightly. “Did Namjoon scared you?” Yoongi asked again this time almost a whisper into his ears. “What do you want from me?” are the words that escapes his lips. He hears Yoongi’s giggle “turn around” he said. Jimin shook his head sideward as he felt a hand on his shoulder, “come on, look at me love” he said slowly guiding him to turn and face him.

Jimin held his breath as he face the man, his hair was dump and he probably washed up and thank Goodness he is wearing a royal blue robe. Jimin’s eyes can’t look directly to Yoongi’s, there it is again… the feeling of being a pray to a predator, he can’t move nor say anything, his legs become wobbly too.

“Hey, look at me” Yoongi mumbles again but Jimin Just looked down. He was cornered once again, the fact that he is under the duvet makes him too afraid to run. Yoongi pecked his the temple of his head and smile when Jimin was forced to look at him. “See you look… now, go back inside my room and take a shower, I’ll bring you your clothes” he said smiling, a real smile this time and it makes Jimin’s heart skipped a beat. Yoongi held his hand and guide him back to his room “You better not try to do something funny” Jimin said earning a laugh from the other man.

“Don’t be scared, I won’t do anything” he said then opened the door towards his bathroom. “There you go, maybe you can give me back my duvet?” he asks leaning on the door frame. “Later” Jimin stated and close the glass door in front of Yoongi’s face. “Just so you know, I already saw everything!” He teased the younger before leaving the room.

Jimin looked around the bathroom, there is a huge tub and one of the walls attached a huge mirror, there is a shower next to it. He let the duvet slide and he turn on the shower allowing the warm water run down his skin. He look at his reflection on the mirror and he saw the marks all over his body, and then he remembers what happened last night, he ed up. No, Yoongi ed him up. Jimin went back to present when he hears a knock.

“I brought you some clothes” It is Yoongi’s voice once again “I’ll put them on the bed, come downstairs when you’re done, I’ll make breakfast” he added then leave. Jimin wash his body and hair then opened the door, checking if the other man really left the room, when he saw he’s safe he quickly put on the clothes and run down the stairs, quietly walking towards the door as he tries to sneak out.

“You know I can see you right?” Yoongi’s voice coming from the kitchen was heard, “I thought I said I’m making breakfast” he added as he grab orange juice from the refrigerator. Jimin stop his tracks and turn to see him, while the other man was busy reading newspapers on the sofa. They seemed too relax.

“Come here, let’s eat” Yoongi smiles while he leans towards the counter, and Jimin just look at him. “Come here, I’m telling you, you wouldn’t make it out of here if you won’t eat breakfast with me” he said again, how can someone be so calm while giving a threat? Jimin walk into the kitchen and take a seat. “Hyung, I need to go, see you later” Namjoon bid goodbye before leaving.

“Relax, I just want you to eat then I’ll send you home, okay?”

And that’s how Jimin starts his day.