16. Meeting the in-laws

Magic Shinhwa

Eric's father was about to make an announcement to Shinhwa.

They come to the throne room. "You called, father?" (Eric)

"Yes, Eric. Your mother and I were thinking about something." (King Simon)

"And that would be?" (Eric)

"We think it's time for you to have a fiancé." (Queen Grace)

"A fiancé?" (Shinhwa)

"Yes, Eric will be 18 soon. So, I'm looking forward to have a daughter in-law." (King Simon)

"But father, mother. I already like someone." (Eric)

"You do?" (Queen Grace)

"And he's right here." (Eric)

"He's here?" (King Simon)

"Yes, father. He's been here this whole time." Eric brings Hyesung closer to his parents.

"Him?" (Queen Grace)

"Yes. I loved him since we met." (Eric)

The king thought about it. "Fine, if he's the one you want." 

"Thank you, father." (Eric)

 

Shinhwa went to Eric's room after the announcement. They were suprised at his actions. Does he really like Hyesung or did he say that in order to avoid getting married?

"Eric, do you really mean it?" (Minwoo)

"About what?" (Eric)

"About liking Hyesung." (Dongwan)

"Yes. I do mean it." (Eric)

"Since when?" (Junjin)

"Since we were 7." (Eric)

"7. That's a very young age to have a first love." (Andy)

"Yes but he's my first and only love." (Eric)

"That's why you were awkward around him when we met." Minwoo realizes.

"And why you rejected all the girls' confessions." (Junjin)

"Is that why you knew so much about Earth culture?" (Andy)

"Yes. When I was 7 I went to Earth because my parents wanted me to have friends." (Eric)

"But they don't let you be friends with the villagers." (Hyesung)

"That's because there are some wealthy kids on Earth and they thought I would befriend some of them." (Eric)

"And then you met me." (Hyesung)

"Yes and I knew you were special, Hyesung." (Eric)

The king and queen overheard what they said and they heard right. Eric's first friend was a magician living on Earth. They fell in love and promised to be together and due to their actions, they are now fiancés to each other.

"This can't be." (King Simon)

"But it is and we can't do anything. They love each other." (Queen Grace)

 

Then there was a loud 'boom' coming from outside. There was a creature coming towards the castle. Shinhwa went out to see what's happening.

"That's the beast of Luminous Reef but it's usually calm." (Eric)

Then Junjin sees what's up. "Look! It's the Darkness Trio."

"Yes and we cursed the beast to destroy you." (Icarus)

Then they see the beast has the Valkyrien mark.

"You monsters!" (Eric)

"You'll take that back once we rule the magic dimension." (Flint)

"Yeah, like that's going to ever happen." (Junjin)

"Charm!" "Enchantment" They transform into their magician forms. They fight the beast and try to burn to mark. But it keeps swatting them off and destroying the castle.

"What's going on?" (King Simon)

"Mother, father! Don't come closer!" (Eric)

"This is my kingdom and I will defend it." (King Simon)

"No, you're too old for this." (Queen Grace) Then the beast tries to attack them.

"NO!" Eric gets hit and loses consciousness.

"ERIC!" (Shinhwa)

"No, Eric. Wake up." (Queen Grace)

"Your majesties, if you wouldn't mind..." (Hyesung) They nodded. A mark appears on Eric and Hyesung's hands. They fuse into Flare but he looks different.

"Take this!" (Flare)

"Don't hurt it. It's being controlled." (Minwoo)

"I know." Flare answers clamly. He walks towards the beast and uses Eric's prism to distract it. While it's distracted he goes over to it and burns the mark off. Then he and the rest of Shinhwa use the lifting spell to carry it to the sea where it belongs. Eric and Hyesung defuse and see why Flare looked different. Eric had earned his Enchantment powers. 

"Wow, Eric. You earned your Enchantment powers." (Hyesung)

"Enchantment. Then in that case, I can fix the kingdom." Eric starts chanting the healing spell. He flies over the kingdom to fix everything and heal everyone who was hurt during the monster attack. 

"Yay Prince Eric." The villagers cheered.

 

After everything was back to normal, they went back inside. 

"Thank you, all of you. Without your help, our kingdom would have been a mess." (King Simon)

"We're happy to help. That's what friends are for." (Hyesung)

"And Hyesung, we are happy to have you as our son in-law." (Queen Grace)

"Son in-law? You mean...?" (Hyesung)

"Yes. The queen and I accept your relationship." (King Simon)

There was a slight pause. Then Eric thanked them for accepting Hyesung.

"But father, mother. I don't we're ready for marriage just yet." (Eric)

"We know. You get married when you're ready." (Queen Grace)

"Okay, mother." Eric was glad. He can be with his lover forever. 

 

Back at Night Tower, Valkyrie was mad that the plan didn't work again. 

"You're not mad, Valkyrie?" (Icarus)

"I'm furious. But it was a calm beast to begin with so I can't be that mad." (Valkyrie)

"So, what now?" (Flint)

"We find a way to take care of Shinhwa of course." (Valkyrie)

"But how? They keep defeating us." (Eve)

"Oh I know how to do it. Eve, come here." (Valkyrie)

"Why her?" (Flint)

"Because I said so." Valkyrie shoots a ball of energy to charge Eve's powers.

"How does it feel?" (Valkyrie)

"Great. Now I'm ready to take them down." (Eve) "And I know just the place to do it."

--------------------------