Foreign

Its Not Actually Unrequited They Are Just Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Few Months Ago (Sana's POV)

The harder I clutched at normalcy, the more my world spun into chaos. I'm tired. Life has never been perfect, from the moment I've gotten a grasp at reality, all it ever did was disappoint me.

I let my frustration out on booze, boys and other childish stunts but I've always thought that I could get myself out of all the messes I've created.  While it started out with petty, immature reasons such as trying to get my parents' attention, it grew into a habit.  From putting myself into messy situations, mess became me. I didn't even need to try anymore, it willingly followed me wherever I go and to whoever I was with.

And now we're here. The last person who I didn't want to see who I truly am, is now trying to save me from myself.

I sat at a table facing Dahyun, who was contemplating on whether or not it was a good idea to let me dive into this alone. She was going over the things that could go wrong . I sat there, offering her an understanding that while I was more than grateful for her help, she (and Nayeon) has done enough.

"Are you sure? We can wait outside, that way we can rush to you if anything goes wrong"

"Dahyun, please, I really want to do this alone." 

"But you are, love. You will do it by yourslef, the talking, the putting them to their place, pull the gun if you have to justtt—don't go there without any sort of protection" 

Dahyun blew out a frustrated breath "That's all I'm asking" 

"I can't drag you into this longer than I already did"  

I crossed into the room and flopped onto the chair next to her, taking  both her hands into mine.

" I'll have Nayeon on speed dial, will be that enough to put you at ease?" 

She chuckled at this. I ran my thumb on her cheeks, she closed her eyes savouring the feeling of my warmth on her skin

  "It will be alright, I promise"  she hesitantly nods.  

 

I didn't know where I was going, but I subtly held onto the paper Nayeon gave me. It was the address. I wasn't sure what I was sensing now but I followed the feeling as it grew stronger. 

I can't move. Maybe it was the fierce anger, the betrayal or the confusion. Maybe I should just run and forget about all of this. I'd dance, get drunk and forget the world was a lonely, scary place for a few hours. Tonight, I wanted nothing more than to pretend things were okay. Even if it was a lie.

I took a step out of my car. I scanned the area, retraced my steps and then it hit me. It was at this moment that I knew.  Familiarity doesn't always come with comfort, but can exist with a great sense of horror.

Caught up in my thoughts, I hadn't been listening to the signs. An overwhelming sense of fear crashed into me when I heard her sweet, honey voice called me out.

It doesn't make sense. It can't be. She would never, Min-

"Sattang?"

Tears pricked my eyes. Not from pent-up rage but sadness.

I turn around and the world felt like it was caving in around me.  I could feel myself gasp, unable to draw in enough breath. It hurts. Everything hurts.

She walk towards me, and talked innocently, like everything was normal. As if it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter