Chapter 32

Its Not Actually Unrequited They Are Just Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Present Day (Dahyun's POV)

Skipping school for the first time was far from being a regretable decision because now she's sleeping soundly next to me, getting the rest that she deserves. She hasn't been sleeping well hence, what led to the hospital incident. It brings great joy seeing her like this. Calm, at peace and beautiful.

I quietly got up, fixing the blanket on her, before walking out of the bedroom. I am not equally as restless as her since I have slept in the car –but I am tired. Although, I can't bring myself to close my eyes. I want to take in every moment, and imprint it on my mind. It sounds crazy but it will be the only thing I'll have after she leaves. Who knows how many mornings we have left.

In the midst of preparing a quick breakfast, the heavy reminder of the unfinished business I had to deal with flashed in my mind as I try to recall responsibilities I put on hold due to skipping a school day.

I dialed the number, and it only occured to me how thankful I am to have someone to  count on in times like this. I fully admit that I wouldn't have done it well on my own.

I have so much Sana in me, I wouldn't be able to see and  think clearly with all these emotions involve. I am glad Nayeon's here to give me a hand.

"Hey" I greeted. "How's your hangover?"

"Bearable. Why'd you call? I'm literally in the middle of the class"

"Oh . Sorry, I totally forgot" 

I could hear people murmuring and the teacher lecturing in the background. I decided to postpone my news.

"I'll just call you later then"

"Hold on give me a sec"  she replied. I could hear Nayeon speak with the teacher, halting the lecture just to ask if she could use the restroom.  Seconds pass, and the voices  slowly becomes inaudible.

"I'm coming over. I know you didn't come to school and I have news" 

"Wait–NO.  Naye-"  she dropped the call before I could finish my sentence. I cursed at another possibility of getting caught. I just wish Sana wouldn't walk out in that room shirtless or something.


A few moments after, I hear the loud banging on my door. I let out a long exhale to prepare myself. I open the door to see Nayeon's signature smirk but it was different this time. It was not meant to intimidate or mock but to tease. I instantly feel the heat on my cheeks.

"You're not so slick, Kim. I saw Sana's car outside"  I try hard to compose myself, not wanting her to think I was flustered.

"Yeh so? It's not like its a secret or something" 

"Hmmm I figured since you're proudly showing that mark on your neck" she teased. "Congrats" 

Horror quickly flashed before my eyes. I ran over to the mirror in panic just to check something that wasn't there. . 

I could hear Nayeon laugh loudly–way too loudly in the living room.  I mentally face-palmed myself. It's beyondd embarrasing, I just want the ground to swallow me alive.

I gathered every ounce of dignity I have left and walk myself back to face her. She is still smirking.

"Very funny" I say, monotoned.

"Wow, Kim"

"Stop" 

She raised both her hands as if in defeat.  "Finee, its not like I'm interested in your life anyway. I just wanted to confirm if it truly wasn't nonexistent"

I let out a loud sigh, having enough of her teasing. I decided to no longer comment as it would only drag this topic further. I shifted the subject.

"The stalker,, they texted me this morning"   I say, grabbing Nayeon's full attention. Her expression changing from playful to serious.

"What did they say?"

"Not much. Just telling me that I shouldv'e minded my own business" 

"Scary" she mocked. 

"How's it going on with Mark?"

" Jeongyeon managed to have Mark hand over his laptop , including his phone. She searched through it to check if there were copies of the video. Or if he sent it to others" Nayeon said. "I also anonymously sent the rest of the folder to the school office, and Jeong told me he was removed from the team just this morning.. I guess its safe to say that we will no longer be seeing hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter