Sanctuary

Its Not Actually Unrequited They Are Just Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present Day (Dahyun's POV)

A hard knocking on my door woke me up from my slumber, I rub my eyes to fully  emerge from my sleepy state. The closer I get to my door, the louder the banging. I groaned as I open it, Nayeon rudely made her way inside not waiting for me to invite her in.

"Not to be just as rude but why are you here? And how the hell did you find- ugh why do I even ask"

" I have something to give you"  she handed me a black earpiece which seemed freshly bought

"We'll communicate through it.  Connect it to your phone via bluetooth, it only works for a couple of hours so turn it on only after you've arrived"  I studied the device as Nayeon continued.


"I can't be seen associated with you at my own party, it would ruin my reputation and also threw off the plan."

She makes it out as a mean comment but it was in fact a smart move from her, something I even overlooked. 

If I'm seen with Nayeon and we're suddenly on speaking terms, it would bring attention and eyes at us. It would raise suspicion that we are unto something.

Just like this creep, we had to blend in as natural as possible. 

"How do you even get these things" At this point, I question every unusual possession she has and how she obtained them. 

"The theater nerds. Don't question my methods,  its best you don't know"  she said as if she read my worry

"Now, I need to take my leave. I have a party to organize"

Just as quickly as she arrived, she left in a flash.



The ticking of the clock matched the beating of my heart as the world outside turned darker and the sun was setting in. I had my mind set on this party for the past days  but now that its minutes away, it felt like time slowed down.

I've been sitting on my couch , constantly checking my watch. The party is probably starting now but I'm waiting for Nayeon's signal that Sana has arrived. It would ruin the whole plan if she doesn't show up.

Just when I was starting to doubt it, a message flashed on my screen.


'She's here'

I take a deep breath, releasing the nervousness I'm feeling.

The unknown and the unexpected always scare me. I am so used to living in the comfort of my own circle and having things under my control that diving into something out of the ordinary, is beyond terrifying for me.

But this is for Sana. And for her, I'd take any danger.

I swiftly went into my car and drove over to Nayeon's place. The lights around the house further glamored it, the loud music was blasting at its highest volume and people were dancing everywhere. It looked more like a concert venue than a house party.  

The place were crowded with people I don't know. It was still 9PM and it barely even began, but red cups were already scattered on her front yard.  I parked my car outside  and  turned my earpiece on.  I texted Nayeon to tell her I was here.

As I went into the chaos,  my eyes directly searched for her.  I was startled by the sudden voice over my ear, forgetting there was a tiny device attached to it.

"Can you hear me? Sana's by the pool side"
"Dahyun"
"Kim"
"Stop it, I can hear you"  I replied.
"Don't go near her yet, meet me in my room"

I carefully went upstairs, checking around if no one was looking at me. I acted as if I was lost to blend in the crowd, me attending this party is already weird enough .

Once I was outside her door, Nayeon hurriedly pulled me inside.

"What the hell took you so long?" She complained.
"I was trying not to look too sus" 

Ignoring my reason, she spoke "I had an idea. You could look over her through my window to get a clearer view on everything while I'll be downstairs drinking with her. I'll try to stay on the same spot as much as possible so you don't have to move rooms. This floor is restricted, I have the maids guard it so don't worry about people walking in."  I noded at her instructions.

Nayeon was about to leave the room when I grab her hand.

"Thank you, Nayeon"  she teasingly chuckled at this.

"You better delete that damn picture then" she said smiling at me before closing the door behind.

I walked over the window and instantly had my eyes fixed on her. Sana was chugging the bottle like there was no tomorrow, I winced at the thought of that  amount of bitter alcohol hitting in the throat all at once.

I try not to get too distracted of what will happen once she reaches her limit and focused my attention to those around her.

Every one was unto their own thing, some were getting drunk and others were making out. It was the typical and nothing peculiar. Over my peripheral, I could see Nayeon constantly encouraging Sana to finish her shot.

"That's too much, Im. You're basically shoving it into " 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter