A Dream of You

Its Not Actually Unrequited They Are Just Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Flashback
Beginning of Junior Year (Dahyun's POV)

Morning breeze and a fresh new start. The smell of coffee, ink and shaving cream tells me  the atmosphere for the year and its gonna be long.

But 2 years more of this.. I'll  be outta here and off to college, which has got to be the most comforting yet terrifying thing.

I was in the music room with Jihyo, trying to pass time. I arrived at school wayyy too early, not wanting to be late on the first day of Junior year.

I believe  first impressions and how you begin,  greatly affects your journey or perhaps that's just the nerd in me talking.

But atleast Jihyo shares the same belief as I am, she arrived earlier than I did.

Jihyo was busy preparing for her performance for today's school opening event. And I— was busy thinking of her.

I haven't seen Sana much during the last weeks of summer break, she was always with this Mark guy.


I had to get used to not have her around,  we were basically inseperable the whole sophomore year even though we only share one class on Monday. 

The routine was I go to school, wait for her, leave class together and do whatever spontaneous thing Sana has in mind. But being with her on their living room, watching movies and her head on my shoulder has got to be my favorite.

I got comfortable with having her near me,  her absence feels hollow. 

And so I tried to keep myself occupied by volunteering at animal shelters and applying as a tour guide in this little history museum across town. It was good for experience and a good distraction to keep my mind off certain things.

It did came in handy as an excuse to decline invitations especially when Sana would ask me to hangout with Mark around.

And as much as I wanted to see her, I'd rather not see her with him. 

Jihyo mustv'e noticed me spacing out because instead of the singing and the music that has been constantly repeated since I arrived, I heard my name. 

"Wanna tell me about it?" she said as she turned off the music and sat on the chair beside me.

"Hard pass"

"Come on, Dubs. Maybe I could help, you know how great I am with advices."

"The last time I did , you gave me a pep talk about facing my own feelings. And not to mention, called me a coward" Jihyo laughs and promises to be a good listener this time.

After much contemplation, I finally gave in.

"Sana's been hanging out with this Mark guy, and I don't trust him."

"Sounds to me like you're jealous"

  I knew I shouldve just kept it to myself . Oh well too late

"And why would I be?"   I raise my eyebrow at her.

"Hmmm I don't know . May I suggest that it's because. You. Like. Sana"  Jihyo replied making sure to add an extra emphasis on the word "like"

"I don't like Sana THAT way, Jih"  I said, copying her tone, putting great

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter