Peace

Its Not Actually Unrequited They Are Just Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Earlier That Day (Sana's POV) 

The world is a peaceful place and there is so much good in it if we only look close enough.

I don't actually believe that.

A lot of times all it ever did was bring me down but atleast at this very moment,  I allow myself to be fooled by it.  Making me consider that such idea  is not an impossibility. 

As I watch her chest rise up and down , blocking all the noises in this reality, Dahyun looks like the kind of peace portrayed in utopian films. And I'm wonderstruck.  

Someone's gonna be lucky enough to wake up to this everyday 

What a way to ruin my morning with the sudden thought of bitterness. 

I quickly shoved the idea at the back of my mind before I start to develop resentment over a nonexistent person. 

Peace really is just a fleeting feeling. 

I shifted my concerns, and  decided to focus on the now. Wanting to take in every detail , wanting to imprint it on my mind and not wanting to take this for granted. Who knows this could be the last time I get to wake up next to her.

I smiled as Dahyun turned to her side because now I could see her features more clearly.  My eye traveled to her lips, and the feeling of regret overtakes every other emotion.

It never happened but why did I feel like it did? Why does it disappoint me that it didn't?    "What ifs" always know how to haunt me.

How is it that you kiss me better and all you ever did was stare at my lips?

Terrified she'd wake up to me staring at her and fantasizing what it would feel like to kiss her,  I shifted my position to the other side looking away.  I reach for my phone to check the time but instead I got bombarded with unwanted texts.

'Getting drunk again . Didn't I tell you what will happen if you don't behave?' 

'You got her wrap around  your finger. As expected ' 

' What does Dahyun really mean to you? I'm curious'

'It's obvious you could break her heart but can she break yours?'

Chills run through my spine at the mention of Dahyun's name.  I bit my lips not wanting to make a sound caused by my panic. I can't drag her into this mess, I can't have her see me like this, she's already dealt enough of my .

I slowly got up, careful not to wake her . I hurriedly went to her bathroom and changed into my clothes from yesterday.  In a flash, I was out of her apartment and into a taxi towards Nayeon's house.

I called Nayeon's phone for a couple of times until she finally picked up.

"I'm at your gate. Can you tell them to open it up? I need my car"

"I'm coming down myself. Don't leave yet"  she instantly hung up, and showed up infront of me in seconds.  

"You look like , need I remind you its tomorrow already and you're in yesterday's clothes?" 

"Don't start, Nayeon. I'm on the verge of punching you in the face for calling Dahyun and getting her drunk on top of that" I threatened, not really in the mood to play nice.

"Jeez, what's up with your mood? If it makes you feel any better, I out for the first time in my life. I probably looked horrible in such state,  just thinking about it gives me goosebumps. And to think deadpan Dahyun got to witness it? ughh just horrible"

Not finding amusement nor the time to comment on her remarks, I ignored her. "My keys?"

Annoyed by my lack of interest, she lazily threw them at me but I was fast enough to catch it.

I instantly turned my back on her and  walked inside my car. I slammed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter