Home

Its Not Actually Unrequited They Are Just Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Months Later (Sana's POV)

Leaving . It was all I have ever wanted. To set myself free from this town, from my parents and from all of the ed up mistakes I made. I wanted to start anew, to have a chance of a clean slate. To have a chance to be someone I actually like and meet people who doesn't have the cards of my past to use against me.  I used to dream of wandering  in an unfamiliar place, and discovering a spot that's so foreign compared to home but just as comforting to what the word "home" pertains.

But that was before I had Dahyun, before I knew how it felt to have her skin against mine, and how her eyes lights up when she looks at me. 

All those thoughts were before home was a place, and not a person.

The thought of leaving now aches. It's something that physically hurts to do but I know is what's needed. We were always taught of doing the right thing, but why did no one ever warn us that sometimes doing the right thing can feel like a punishment?  Why does doing the right thing have to hurt?

I woke up with the realization that I was crying in my sleep. I quickly rose up, not wanting Dahyun to notice. I haven't said a single word about the incident. I know she was curious, and was dying to know what happened that day. 

I can see her physically fight the impulse to ask me. I know I'm torturing her, especially that she's someone who needs to have answers to her questions. 

After finding me in my bathroom floor, breaking down, it must've greatly worried her. Knowing Dahyun, the worst case scenario is probably playing again and again in her mind, trying to puzzle the pieces together. 

I'm grateful for the level of  understanding she's shown me despite being left out on the open again. 

"Hey, did I wake you up?"

"No, not at all. I was just gonna get water. Can I?"

I giggled at this. "Why are you asking? This is your house, Dahyun-ah" 

"Ah right" she replied dryly. 

Instead of getting up, she sits by the end of the bed, her back facing me. I watch her breath rise and fall, as if she just ran a flight of stairs. Ignoring my growing anxiety, I speak up.

"Dahyun-ah"

Silence.

"Dahyun"  I called out again.

"When do you think you'll be ready, love?" 

She finally cracks,  her back still facing me. I swallowed the lump on my throat, ready to answer her. I opened my mouth and shut it.  If I say something now, my voice will just come out shaky.

"God knows I tried to be patient. I wanted to wait until you're ready. But we don't actually have that kind of luxury, Sana." 

I could only bow down my head. She's right, we don't have much time. Although I couldn't see her expressions, I know she's begging me to say it.

" I c-can't. I can't let you go like this."  she shook her head. I drag myself across her bed and wrapped my arms around her. I let my tears fall freely, knowing she can't see me.

"You're leaving in a week"  Dahyun said it in a manner in which her heart had been ripped out. 

Her back was warm but the coldness of the thought of its absence soon after,,  felt like ice in my hands.

"Soon."

My stomach tightened and I fought the urge to be sick.  If I'd done the right thing, I didn't think I'd feel so ill.

"Soon. I promise." 

"Okay" She wipes her eyes  before she unwraps my hands around her.

"I can wait that much"  Dahyun said, giving my forehead a kiss b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter