Fill my Void

Its Not Actually Unrequited They Are Just Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes were fixated on the huge screen infront of us  but my thoughts wandered else where. I'm trying to come up with lies I'm about to tell Dahyun, lies believable enough to fool someone as smart as her.

I hate having the need to do so, especially to her,  but I'd rather have her see me as a liar than a disappointment.

I feel her move nervously right next to me, and like a reflex programmed in my brain— I reached for her hand.  Holding Dahyun's hand comes completely with a compelling kind of rush.

 I cursed myself for my own actions as it will only serve as a reminder of what I can never have by the time I'll let go of it.

I pondered on whether or not I should continue holding unto it, my head screamed no but my body has a mind of its own.

But then I thought of all the things I've done, and all the reasons why it shouldn't feel this right. I quickly removed my hand from hers, reached for the remote and paused the movie.

I shifted my body to face her.

Silence enveloped  the room, transforming the space into a vacuum where the only sound that could travel was the beating of the heart. And  I can no longer tell if its throbbing noise came from mine or hers.

Still, I gathered my courage and asked. "Why are you really here, Dahyun?"

She blinked nervously, not expecting me to be the one to bring up the elephant in the room. 

After a long pause, she finally spoke.  "You've been ignoring me all week and I'm tired of pretending like I didn't notice how you're pushing me away."  She said it with such relief,  like she's been dying to say it from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter