Chapter 29

Its Not Actually Unrequited They Are Just Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present Day (Dahyun's POV)

It's only the start of the day but I've been sitting here, staring at the printed files for so long, the clouds grew tired of looking down on me. I'm gonna threaten the truth out of a him with it. This is basically blackmailing. And its terrifying that I don't even feel bad at all.

I'm not entirely sure that its him. After  I've read the texts Sana showed me, I couldn't shake a terrible, frightening feeling in my gut begging for verification.

I needed time to process possibilities, but I can't stop now especially when this person is on the move. It might be him or not but what I know for sure is we don't have much time to spare. And I know that he got something for us.

"Dahyun" Nayeon waved her hands infront of me, taking me away from my thoughts " You're spacing out"

I shake my head off to keep my mind at present  "Yes yes right. Just mentally preparing myself."

We sat on the  mini-lounge corner of Nayeon's bedroom as we wait for Mark to arrive. She told me she asked Jeongyeon to accompany him, to a supposed-football club get together.

From there, she's gonna drug him and bring him here. The whole football team are on it, thinking it's  just some harmless prank. No suspicion were raised for the sudden event, they seem to just unquestionably trust Jeongyeon.

Apparently, Nayeon told Jeongyeon the whole Sana-situation, and got her into the scheme. I scold her for not consulting it with me first, but she argued that bringing her in would provide us convenience as Jeong knows a lot more information about Mark and with Sana as well.

Although, Nayeon admitted that half of the reason she told her was because  "trying" for Jeongyeon means keeping no secrets between them.

I had no choice but to deal with it. What's done is done. 


"You told me that at the patry Mark said something about humiliation" she spoke, for the first time in  awhile.

"Vaguely" I say, nodding.

"Do you think he was the one in it .. in the video?" she cautiously asked. 

I take in a deep breath and exhale, long and loud. "I honestly don't know " 

Everything is moving so fast, it's hard enough to keep my own thoughts straight. The only thing I am certain  right now is that my imagination is much more dangerous than any of the truths.

Nayeon's phone rang loudly,  stopping me from getting lost in my own mind. She picked it up and mouthed me that it was Jeongyeon and she was already outside with Mark. I gave her a quick nod and proceeded to inform Nayeon's "house staff" to assist Jeongyeon. 

She arrived in the room minutes after, with Mark being unconsciously carried by the housekeepers. They quickly tied him around the chair, placing a tape in his mouth.

Blackmailing and kidnapping.. I  think I might be sent to jail first before I could  attend law school...

"Don't worry, the drug isn't that strong.. he'd be awake in a while"  Jeongyeon spoke after sensing the tension in the room.

Or maybe it was just me..  because Nayeon looked like this was just Tuesdays for her.  Makes me wonder how many times she has done this...

"We haven't even started yet and you look like you already wanna back out"

"No." I deny. "I wanna do this"

"Then stop looking so anxious and enjoy having the upperhand" Nayeon scolds, making me scoff.

" You really expect me to smile in the middle of doing something illegal?" Nayeon rolled her eyes at this.

"He's not gonna send you to jail, Kim if that's what you're worried of"  she says.  " And I'm not dumb to go this hard if I'm not confident that he's more scared of the information being disclosed than to what  we could do to him"

Jeong nods in agreement "She's right, dude. It's okay to break the rules sometimes, think of it as uhhmm punishing a criminal for his crime" she tightly pats my back.   

" It won't make you any less deserving in becoming a lawyer, if that's what you're thinking."

"How did you even kow that?"  I curiously asked.

No one knows what I'll take up besides Sana and Jihyo. Even Chaeyoung doesn't know.

"It's Sana's favorite topic to brag about when she's drunk. She literally won't shut up about seeing you stand in a courtroom someday"

Nayeon teasingly chuckled at the newly unlocked information, making me blush ever harder. "That explains why you're so annoyingly judgemental" 

I was about to rebut when Mark slowly shifted away from his unconscious state. He groaned as he opened his eyes — slowly realizing the situation he's in after spotting me.

He throws me death glares, shouting through the tape above his mouth. Nayeon suddenly appeared behind me, giving me a push towards Mark. I look back to see her smirking, thrilled to see what I'm capable of doing. 

"Sana's tape is on the verge of being passed around for everyone to see. We don't want that to happen, do we?" Nayeon whispered, in attempt to light up the fire inside of me. Anger immediately starts to rise up, the doubts and the worries suddenly didn't exist. I'm beyond infuriated.

I walked closer towards him, hovering him over. "Didn't I tell you its gonna be a problem if you keep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter