You're Somebody Else

Its Not Actually Unrequited They Are Just Stupid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present Day  (Sana's POV)

A whirlwind of emotion surged within me as I held my knuckles as tight as possible like it would keep me out on this holy ground if I let go. 

There is no safe haven, I need to face the disaster. It's the only way to get through this storm. 

"Sana, what did you do?"

Don't be selfish, Sana. Dahyun deserves to know. The lies stops here.

I close my eyes to prepare myself . I could already feel how hard it will hit me and I haven't even said it yet. The taste is getting bitter as I let the words melt on my tongue.

It's just as severe as the bitter truth of when Dahyun will  change her mind about me, about us. Of how she will never look at me the same way again once she finds out. 

Nevertheless, if she decides this isn't what she wants– that I'm not what she wants,  then I should wholeheartedly accept it. 

I never deserved her anyway, I knew that.  I' d be lying if I say I never saw this coming,  I just never expected it to be this soon.

I love Dahyun but letting her blindly love me without knowing the whole truth would only hold her captive.

I was ready to lay all the cards to the table,  to accept whatever comes,  Comforting myself with the thought that atleast I get to experience what it felt like to be loved by her.

I decided that was enough.

But before I could answer, she rose up from her seat giving a respectful bow to the person right behind me.

"I didn't know you had company. Will you be joining us for lunch, Miss,,?"

"Kim, sir. And please call me Dahyun. I apologize for the disturbance,  I was about to take my leave"

"I thought we were having dinner?" I interrupted

"Change of plans. I'll be flying out to Boston tonight, it can't be postponed. And please Ms. Kim, I insist. We'd love to have you, I would like to know how my daughter is doing from the perspective of a classmate" My father eyed me as he said it, expecting me to be nervous with his statement.

My mother arrived shortly after,  still in her business attire looking like she canceled her meeting for this. She announced that she had a restaurant reserved for us, and it's the perfect timing because there was enough seat for four people. 

We all left the house together, and I persisted to ride with Dahyun in her car on the way to the restaurant. I didn't wanna be alone with my parents in a small space. Both their presence was already suffocating enough.


"You don't have to come, Dahyun-ah. I'll just tell them some generic excuse on why you had to cancel last minute. We will talk after, I promise"   I say, while Dahyun focused on finding an empty space to park.

"It's fine, Sana. I didn't accept the invitation to make sure you won't run away. I am here to make a good impression" she joked, making me smile despite the heavy weight on my chest. " Look,  I want to be there for you. Let me okay?"

We walked hand in hand to the restuarant, Dahyun giving it a reassuring squeeze before she let it go when we reached the entrance.

My parents were already settled near the windows, we entered and sat across them.  I could feel Dahyun shift beside me, obviously uncomfortable with this awkward atmosphere. She probably didn't expect us to be this silent.

Barely any topic was exchanged as we wait for the table to be filled with foods we probably won't finish. My mother breaks the ice by speaking first.

"So  Dahyun,  what does your parents do again?" 

"What was the news you were gonna tell me?" I cut off, not wanting to further make Dahyun uncomfortable with questions that were basically asked to open room for judgement. My father cleared his throat, finding what I did rude.

"Manners, Sana"  He warned.

"Isn't that what we are here for?  With all due respect father, I'm not in the mood for thrills" I bravely let out, knowing my father would never act out in public. He did give me a quick glare before composing himself again. Putting his wine glass down, all attention towards me.

"Well then since I don't wanna spoil your excitement, I'll cut to the chase. You are leaving with me to Boston after your graduation. The dean from a promising university there is a good friend of mine, I was able to save you a spot. All you are left to do is sent out necessary documents."

My eyes suddenly burned from his statement. I swallowed the lump building in my throat, not wanting to give my parents the satisfaction of seeing me cry.  I feel my anger go up.

This is him announcing that he could control my life. I push the self-pity talk aside, and gathered e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter