Chapter 6

Wait For Me To Come Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over the next week, Yewon spent day and night reading over the cookbook that Solar had picked up for her. She was so busy that week that she only saw Eunbi once, just for a quick coffee, so she was determined to make sure that the meal was perfect. They messaged a lot and Eunbi always mentioned how excited she was for dinner on Friday, which made Yewon both excited and very nervous. She had never even cooked for herself, let alone for someone she was trying to impress.

On Friday she left work early for once, one of the perks of being CEO of her family’s company, and came home until five, which gave Yewon about an hour to get dinner ready. She had an engineering degree and a master’s in business, so how hard could cooking really be?

After slipping into something a bit more casual, Yewon went up to the roof. It was quiet and secluded up there, forbidden to everyone in the building. Except for Yewon, simply because she owned the building and had made it her quiet place. Finding the right ingredients for her recipe, she quickly plucked the ripest vegetables and carried them back down to her kitchen.

Everything was going smoothly as she chopped the vegetables, and except for a few manor mishaps with the knife, that released a wide range of swear words from Yewon, she got all the prep work done. Now was the hard part….cooking the food.

~

~

Eunbi knocked on the door, ten minutes to five, making sure she was a few minutes early. Yewon answered the door, wearing a little apron and looking a tiny bit flustered as she smiled at Eunbi.

“Hi, come in,” Yewon said, opening the door wider for Eunbi to step inside.

Smiling widely as she walked through the door, Eunbi held out a bunch of flowers and a bottle of wine. “These are for you,” Eunbi said shyly, holding them out towards Yewon, who smiled slightly as she accepted them with her fingers covered in band-aids.

“Thank you, they’re beautiful,” Yewon observed looking down at the flowers. Eunbi smiled, taking her coat and shoes off and leaving them by the door. Yewon gestured for Eunbi to follow her, and they made their way down the hallway and into the kitchen.

Eunbi’s eyebrows shot up at the size of the apartment, and the wealth that was evident in the way the apartment was furnished. It was simple but elegant, decorated in shades of cream and light wood, with exposed brick walls and large windows letting in the small rays of sunlight. Of course, the private elevator just for Yewon should have been enough of a hint of what to expect, even if Eunbi didn’t take into account that she was the CEO of a billion-dollar company.

“Nice place,” Eunbi said, raising her eyebrows in surprise as she looked up at the ceiling. Part of it was made up of glass panes, revealing the sky. Eunbi could see the first few stars, twinkling far above them.

“Please, make yourself at home,” Yewon smiled, putting the flowers in a vase half-filled with water. The splash of color was a noticeable contrast to the neutral color scheme of the apartment. “Would you like some wine? Yewon asked, holding up the bottle of wine and arching one of her eyebrows.

“Sure! That would be great,” Eunbi smiled, sitting down on one of the stools at the bar. Yewon set a glass of wine down in front of Eunbi, taking a sip of her own as she stirred something.

“Thanks,” Eunbi said, “Would you like some help?”

“Oh no, you stay put and drink, I’m almost done anyways,” Yewon insisted.

Eunbi took a sip of wine as she looked at Yewon. “So what happened to your hands?” She asked, eyeing the band-aids as she spoke.

“Oh, um...a few accidental slip-ups, nothing serious,” Yewon assured her, slightly embarrassed. “How was your day?” She asked, changing the subject.

Eunbi told her about her unexciting morning as she watched Yewon open and close the kitchen cupboards, pulling out plates.

“Would you like me to set the table for you?” Eunbi asked, feeling awkward as she watched Yewon. She wasn’t used to doing anything, in fact, she almost felt useless as she sat there fiddling with her wine glass.

“Already done,” Yewon smiled at Eunbi as she plated up their food.

“Follow me,” She said, jerking her head as she carried the two plates over to the door. Eunbi picked up both of their glasses, grabbing the open wine bottle sitting on the counter as she followed Yewon. They got into the elevator and Yewon juggled the plates as she pushed the button for the roof. It only took a second before the doors slid open again.

Eunbi gasped as she took in the view before her. There were plants everywhere. They covered the entire rooftop, some in pots, more in planters, and some growing up in trellises. The rooftop was lit by strings of fairy lights wrapped around the latticework, and a couple of lanterns set around the place.

Yewon led them both over to a small table with two chairs set up in the middle of the roof. They both sat down, Yewon setting down the food as Eunbi set down the wine. Picking up her fork, Eunbi looked down at her plate with a small uncertain expression written on her face.

“So, um...what are we eating tonight?” She asked.

“Chicken and Black Bean Stir-Fry with rice,” Yewon explained nervously, staring down at her own plate.

Eunbi raised a forkful to and chewed it. She met Yewon’s eyes as she sat there with full. The vegetables were hard and the rice isn't cooked properly. Yewon was looking at her with a worried look on her face. Eunbi gave her a reassuring smile, her cheeks full of food. She chewed quickly, swallowing it as soon as she could get it down.

“Is it alright?” Yewon asked, her face and voice full of hope.

“It’s great,” Eunbi replied enthusiastically, taking a sip of wine before scooping up another forkful and shoveling it in. Yewon’s shoulders dropped as she relaxed, a small smile full of relief flickering across her face.

Yewon started talking as she pushed some food onto her own fork. As soon as she took the first bite of her plate she froze, pulling the chicken out of and frowning at it. She used her knife to cut the piece of chicken up, exposing the pink middle.

With the look of horror on her face, Yewon looked up at Eunbi who was innocently staring back at her. “Oh my God, it’s not cooked, is it?” Yewon gasped, covering with her hand.

Eunbi wrinkled her nose slightly, biting her lip as she tried not to smile. “No, it’s not,” She replied as she shook her head.

“Ah ,” Yewon cursed, feeling her face flush with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter