Chapter 11

Wait For Me To Come Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yewon woke up early on Sunday, feeling tired from the night before staying up so late. She had spent all day with Eunbi, it was the first full day they had been able to spend together all week and they had stayed up late, talking for hours. Groaning, Yewon dragged herself out of her bed, knowing that she wouldn’t be able to get back to sleep, using coffee as the only thing to make it through the day.

She stifled a yawn as she frowned down at the email she was reading on her phone, eyeing the coffee as it slowly dripped into the coffee pot. Her reading was interrupted when her phone screen lit up with Eunbi’s name. Yewon quickly grabbed her phone to answer the call.

“Morning,” She mumbled, rubbing her tired eyes in hopes to wake her up a bit more.

“Good morning!” Eunbi’s warm voice came through, “Did I wake you up?”

“No, I was already up,” Yewon replied, drinking the coffee as soon as it was done.

“Good! You really should sleep more though,” Eunbi told her, a small sigh coming through the line.

“Yes Sergeant,” Yewon laughed.

“So, the reason I was calling is that my sister and I always have a Sunday roast dinner thing on the last Sunday of this month. So she’s also inviting her girlfriend, Sojung over and I was wondering if you would like to come...too? Eunbi asked hesitantly.

“Dinner….at your sister’s place..?” Yewon double-checked, the thought of meeting Eunbi’s sister was making her extremely nervous.

“Yeah! It’ll be the four of us and I’ve told Eunha a lot about you of course, so she really wants to meet you. Sojung will be there too, but I thought this might be a good way to meet my sister.”

Yewon could hear the worry and nervousness in Eunbi’s voice. This obviously meant a lot to her, which meant that this was important to Yewon too. “Of course! Dinner sounds great!” Yewon replied as enthusiastically as she could, trying to hide the nervousness in her voice.

“Do you want me to come over early and help you….well not with cooking, but with the preparations. I’m getting better with a knife now,” She told Eunbi, laughing at her own expense.

“Sure! Eunha will be at work for a bit anyway, so I’ll be cooking by myself. Plus I don’t mind the extra company.”

“So, does eleven sound good?” Yewon asked.

“That would be perfect!” Eunbi agreed.

“Great. Would you like me to bring anything?” Yewon asked.

“No, just you will be perfect,” Eunbi told her, shyness evident in her voice.

“I insist. How about I bring the desert?” Yewon asked, hurrying to add, “I’ll buy it of course.”

Laughing, Eunbi gave in. “Okay, fine. If you insist,”

“Any preferences?” Yewon asked. “Wait, don’t tell me. I’ll figure it out.”

“Alright, I’ll see you later then,” Eunbi laughed.

~

~

At eleven sharp, Yewon knocked on the door of the apartment. She was relaxed for now, knowing that Eunha wasn’t home yet, so at least she could put off the inevitable for a little longer.

Eunbi opened the door with a smile on her face. She had her shirtsleeves rolled up and she was wearing an apron to protect her clothes from cooking. “Hi!” She smiled widely at Yewon.

“Hi,” Yewon replied, leaning in and giving Eunbi a quick kiss. She pulled back and smiled slightly as she took in Eunbi’s surprised expression.

“Come on in,” Eunbi told her, opening the door wider and letting Yewon pass her before shutting the door. Yewon let Eunbi take the paper bags out of her hands and set them on the counter, before taking her coat off and hanging it up on the rack. She slipped her shoes off and left them beside the door.

“It’s chocolate pecan pie,” Yewon told Eunbi, tapping the top of the box. “And the other one is apple pie, lust as an alternative. I heard it’s a classic American dessert, so if that’s on your list you can cross it off.”

Eunbi laughed, grabbing Yewon’s hand and pulling her closer. “Chocolate pecan pie is my favorite,” She whispered, smiling at Yewon as she placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

“I know. I got it from that little bakery you like on 22nd,” Yewon told her, smiling back at her. “I also brought wine, just in case.”

“You really didn't have to go through so much effort,” Eunbi told Yewon, taking the bottle of wine she had just pulled out of her bag and was holding out to Eunbi.

“It was no problem, really,” Yewon smiled, “Now where do you want me to start? She walked over to the sink and rolled her sleeves and washed her hands.

“Um...how about you peel the potatoes?” Eunbi suggested, opening a drawer and pulling out a peeler for Yewon.

They both got to work, chopping, peeling, and chatting as they prepared the dinner. Time passed quickly and as soon as the prep was done, they began cooking. Eunbi made them both some coffee and they sat by the table, talking while they waited for the food to finish cooking.

Just before four, Yewon was watching Eunbi carve the chicken when she heard the sound of a key turning in the door. She felt a lump form in as she waited for Eunha to walk inside. The nervous feeling in her stomach was unfamiliar to Yewon; she ran a multi-billion-dollar company, yet the thought of meeting Eunbi’s sister was enough to put her on edge.

She started at the door as it opened and Eunha walked in. Yewon knew they weren’t biological sisters, but the difference between them was still shocking. A short girl walked in with bright pink hair cut to her shoulders and a black leather jacket; so different from Eunbi. Just looking at the physical differences, Yewon could tell that they were complete opposites, much like she and Eunbi were.

“Hey!” Eunbi beamed from where she was standing.

“Hey,” Eunha replied, her gaze sliding from her sister over to Yewon. She had her hands on her hips as she surveyed Yewon from across the room and Yewon lifted her chin as she stood her ground.

“You must be Yewon,” Eunha said, walking farther into her apartment, closer to Yewon. Yewon wiped her hands on a towel before walking around the counter and moved towards Eunha.

“And you must be Eunha,” Yewon replied, extending a hand towards her. Eunha shook her hand, “It’s nice to meet you.”

“Likewise,” Eunha said, letting go of Yewon’s hand. “Eunbi had told me a lot about you.”

“Good things I hope,” Yewon said, turning around to face Eunbi, who shot her an innocent look.

“Of course,” Eunha smirked, “I don’t need to hide the peanut butter do I?”

Yewon sighed, telling herself not to blush at Eunha’s teasing. Eunbi laughed from the kitchen, slightly scolding her sister for teasing Yewon. Eunha rolled her eyes, smiling at Eunbi affectionately.

“I’m just messing,” Eunha laughed,” Can I get you something to drink, Yewon?”

“I’m fine, thank you,” Yewon waved away her offer. She was feeling slightly less nervous now the introductions were out of the way and even though she had cringed slightly at Eunha’s teasing, she felt...comfortable.

“Sojung should be here soon, she called and told me she was on her way,” Eunha told Eunbi, moving into the kitchen to grab herself a drink. She shrugged out of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter