Chapter 15

Wait For Me To Come Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a groan, Yewon rolled over and switched her alarm off. She felt awful. was aching and her head was banging as she sat upright, wincing at the crack of light peeking through the curtains. Scrambling for her phone, Yewon sent a quick text to Solar, asking her to cancel all of Yewon’s appointments and meetings for the day. Luckily it was Saturday so she didn’t have many meetings. Rolling back over, Yewon fell back to sleep shivering and hoping that she would feel better when she woke up.

~

~

She woke up at twelve to the buzzing of her phone. Blinking away her sleepiness, Yewon grabbed her phone and slid across to answer, not bothering to take the time to check who it was.

“Yes?” She asked, her voice hoarse.

“Hey, it’s me. Are you almost here?” Eunbi asked.

Yewon shot up in bed, remembering she was supposed to meet Eunbi at their cafe for lunch. “. No, I forgot. Sorry, I’ll be there as soon as I can,” Yewon said, before dissolving into a coughing fit.

“You sound awful, is everything okay?” Eunbi came through, sounding concerned.

“I feel like , I think I’m getting sick,” Yewon rasped, collapsing back against the pillows and throwing an arm covering her face.

“What is it? The flu? A stomach bug?” Eunbi asked, panicking slightly.

“Relax, it’s just a sore throat and a slight cold. I’m fine,” Yewon reassured Eunbi, pushing aside her concerns. “I’ll meet you there as soon as I can.”

“No no. You stay in bed, I’ll be there as soon as I can,” Eunbi told her firmly, leaving no room for Yewon to argue.

“Uh..okay,” Yewon mumbled, her voice coming out scratchy.

“Okay, see you soon. Love you, bye.”

Yewon paused at Eunbi’s words, opening as she thought of something to reply. There was silence on the other end and before Yewon could reply, Eunbi hung up. Yewon started down at her phone with a bewildered smile on her face.

She stumped out of bed and had a quick shower, hoping the hot water would make her feel better. Dressed in some clean PJs, Yewon wandered into the kitchen to grab some painkillers and a glass of water. After she quickly downed them, she wandered back into her room and crawled back into bed. The darkness of her room helped soothe Yewon’s headache and she could feel the effects of the painkillers kicking in as her headache started to fade. She momentarily drifted off to sleep as she waited for Eunbi to arrive.

~

~

Less than an hour later, a knock was heard from the door. Yewon sat upright and made her way to the door. Opening the door, revealing a nervous Eunbi, holding multiple paper bags.

“Hey,” Yewon croaked, stepping aside to let Eunbi in.

“Oh...you don’t look well at all,” Eunbi said, grimacing at Yewon before making her way into the kitchen. She set the bags down on the counter and turned around, gesturing for Yewon to come closer. “Come here.”

Yewon obeyed and closed the distance between the two of them. Eunbi gently touched the back of her hand to Yewon’s burning forehead and cheeks, checking her temperature. “I think you have a fever. Have you taken anything for it?” Eunbi asked.

“Um...I took some painkillers earlier. I don’t know if they were for fever or something, but my headache is gone, so there’s that,” Yewon told her, shrugging slightly. With a sigh, Eunbi rummaged through the bags until she found what she was looking for.

“Take two of these the next time you need to take some pills,” Eunbi told her, placing the box on the counter, “And for God’s sake, get back to bed. You look like death warmed up.”

“I think that’s just my usual complexion,” Yewon jokes, the corners of quirking up in a slight smile. Eunbi gave Yewon an exasperated look and made motions to push Yewon towards her bedroom.

Yewon looked at Eunbi with an amused look on her face. “Yes Sergeant,” Yewon saluted sarcastically, letting out a quick laugh, which turned into a coughing fit.

“Very funny. Would you prefer it if I made a bed on the couch?” Eunbi asked, raising her eyebrows in question. Yewon nodded and padded over to the couch. Eunbi disappeared down the hallway leading to Yewon’s bedroom and returned a few moments later with a blanket and pillows.

Yewon watched her with a peculiar expression on her face and once Eunbi had finished making the bed, she turned around. Catching sight of Yewon’s expression, she ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter