Chapter 12

Wait For Me To Come Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Miss Kim?” Solar said, peeking her head through Yewon’s office door. Looking up from her computer screen, she raised her eyebrow up in question. “Miss Hwang is here to see you.”

“Ah, let her in,” Yewon told Solar as she stood up from her chair.

A few moments later, Eunbi walked into the office wearing her uniform. Smiling widely, she gave Yewon a bouquet of roses and a kiss.

“They’re beautiful, thank you,” Yewon smiled, grabbing Eunbi’s hand and placing a kiss on the back. She went to the pitcher of water that was nearby and placed the bouquet in it before guiding Eunbi over to the couch.

“I wasn’t expecting you to come this early, I figured you would go home first,” Yewon said, tucking a loose strand of Eunbi’s hair behind her ear.

“I-I missed you,” Eunbi replied shyly, ducking her head as she blushed slightly. Yewon let out a small laugh, gently lifting Eunbi’s chin until she was looking into her eyes. Leaning in, Yewon captured Eunbi’s lips in a kiss.

“Well...I for one, am very glad,” Yewon murmured as she trailed kisses along Eunbi’s jaw and down her neck, smiling as she felt Eunbi’s breathing hitch. Making her way back up, Yewon let her teeth graze her earlobe, pulling back and laughing when Eunbi’s stomach growled. Eunbi gave her an embarrassed smile.

“Hungry?” Yewon asked, smiling back at Eunbi. “What do you want for dinner? We can eat out or go back to my place.”

“Hmm, how about both then. We can pick up something on the way back to your place,” Eunbi suggested.

“Sounds great, let me just pack up my stuff and we can head out,” Yewon told her, giving her a quick kiss before standing up.

~

~

Back at Yewon’s place, they were eating pizza while watching TV, half paying attention as they talked. Yewon felt Eunbi’s gaze at her and turned to face her, raising her eyebrow in question as she bit into her slice of pizza. Um...I was- never mind,” Eunbi shrugged, turning her attention back to the pizza and the TV. Yewon gave Eunbi a bemused look but didn’t push forward, knowing that Eunbi would tell her when she wanted to.

A few minutes later, with the sound of Eunbi clearing , Yewon turned around to face her again.

“So...um..about the other day at Eunha’s,” Eunbi started, shifting so she looked at Yewon properly.

“Mhm,” Yewon mumbled, signally for Eunbi to proceed.

“Well...it’s just..um...Sojung said something...about you being, well..my girlfriend,” Eunbi pressed on, her head tilted to the side as she looked at Yewon, “We...uh..we haven’t talked about that before and so...I- um...was wondering…”

She trailed off and Yewon frowned in confusion. “Oh...well are we not dating?” She asked Eunbi, wondering if she had been wrong to say yes when Sojung had asked. A feeling of dread filled Yewon as she wondered if she had gotten ahead of herself. She wasn’t sure how things were supposed to go in a relationship, but she knew that she was already in too deep with Eunbi. Perhaps they weren’t on the same page with this. Yewon tense up, ready to build her walls up once more as she waited for Eunbi’s next words.

“Oh!” Eunbi softly exclaimed in surprise. “Well...I mean, yeah...we are. I just didn’t want to...push you..to, you know...put a..um...label on it.” Eunbi looked down at her lap as she rubbed the back of her neck nervously as she spoke.

“You know...I’m not going to run away, right?” Yewon asked, placing her hand on Eunbi’s knee. Eunbi looked up and gave her a small smile.

“I’ll be honest...I’m scared,” Yewon admitted, “You know I don’t get close with people...but you, you’re different. I’ve never had anyone like you before...and I think it would break my heart if I left now.”

“It would break mine too,” Eunbi whispered, giving Yewon a sad smile. Putting the crust of her pizza slice back in the empty box and wiping her hands clean, Eunbi gestured for Yewon to come closer.

Curled up next to Yewon, Eunbi felt safe. She listened to Yewon’s steady heartbeat and closed her eyes. Wearing some of Yewon’s clothes, Eunbi was surrounded by the comforting smell of Yewon’s perfume. Exhausted after a busy day of work and feeling safe next to Yewon, Eunbi slowly drifted off to sleep, followed soon after by Yewon.

~

~

Yewon woke up. The TV was still on and she could see that it was pitch black outside through the skylight above her. Fast asleep, next to her, was Eunbi. Yewon smiled down at her, gently running her thumb along Eunbi’s cheek. Looking down at her watch, Yewon checked the time, realizing that it was almost midnight. Sighing, she gently shook Eunbi awake.

“Eunbi,” Yewon whispered, smiling when Eunbi let out an annoyed groan. She called her name again and Eunbi’s eyes gently fluttered open. She sat up, frowning in confusion as she looked around the room. Looking at Yewon, she yawned.

“What time is it?” Eunbi mumbled, still half asleep.

“Almost midnight,” Yewon whispered, “Come on, let’s go to the bed.”

Her eyes still half shut, Eunbi let Yewon lift her tired body up and guide her to the room. Yewon pulled the sheets back and laid Eunbi on the bed. Tripping over her own feet in the dark, she made it to her closet and changed into some PJ’s, before sliding under the sheets next to Eunbi. Though Yewon couldn’t see Eunbi through the darkness, she felt her presence on the other side of the bed.

“Goodnight,” Yewon murmured, knowing that Eunbi wouldn’t hear her as she was fast asleep again.

Shifting to her side, Yewon closed her eyes, flinching slightly when an arm wrapped over her waist as Eunbi rolled over, mumbling something in her sleep. Smiling, Yewon relaxed, and with Eunbi pressed against her back, she drifted off to sleep.

~

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter