Chapter 41

Wait For Me To Come Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! So I wanted to announce that I will be going on Hiatus after this chapter. BUT DON'T WORRY, I'll be back soon. I also didn't want to say this without giving one last chapter to read, so I hope this chapter makes up for this. So without further ado, I hope you enjoy ^^

~~

 

It was the day before Eunbi was set to go back.

 

She had seemed a little more subdued over the past couple of days, and Yewon had tried to be as attentive as possible without smothering her. They had gone to the Veterans’ Day parade, and after seeing Eunbi in her service uniform, Yewon had to admit that she liked a girl in uniform, but she was secretly wishing for the day she never had to see Eunbi in her service or combat uniform. The rest of their days had been spent with Eunha, Sojung, and Jessica, while their nights had been spent tucked up in bed while Eunbi whispered stories as they held each other. Things weren’t exactly easier for her, but Eunbi felt less pressure to be okay and was relieved as she blurted out all of her problems while Yewon listened.

They stayed in bed later than usual, and Yewon laid there with her eyes closed, smiling slightly as Eunbi traced patterns on her . The sun was fully up when Yewon rolled over and stared into Eunbi’s eyes, gently the side of her face while she smiled.

“What do you want to do today?” Yewon asked.

“Oh, right. I forgot to tell you. There’s this new exhibit in town, just a small one from this new photographer. I was wondering if you wanted to go, and then we can go out for dinner or something,” Eunbi suggested.

“Of course. That sounds perfect,” Yewon agreed, leaning in to give her a kiss. “Do you want me to get us reservations anywhere in particular?”

“Hmm, yeah that would be nice. Somewhere fancy, for your last night together,” Eunbi murmured. “You can pick, you know the high-end restaurants better than I do.”

Yewon quietly laughed, “Deal. You sort out the exhibit and I’ll sort out dinner. Is everyone else joining us for dinner?”

“Eunha and Sojung want to go out for drinks, you know, for a sendoff. Neither of them really like art exhibits, so I guess we can just get dinner alone and then meet them at the bar later if that’s okay with you. I guess my mom will just stay home,” Eunbi said.

“Anything you want,” Yewon smiled, threading her fingers through Eunbi’s hair and leaning in for a kiss. “Now, how about a shower?”

“Mm, yes, and then breakfast,” Eunbi said, sitting upright. Yewon slid out from under the covers, stretching as she walked into the bathroom. Eunbi followed her in, yawning widely as she the hot water. She laughed and clapped a hand over as she stared at Yewon, who frowned and followed Eunbi’s gaze. With a sigh, Yewon stared down at the small purple bruises.

“Honestly, what am I going to do with you, huh? At least I can cover them this time,” Yewon sighed, as she shook her head.

~

~

After lingering in the shower far too long, they made pancakes together and Yewon called Solar to ask her to make reservations for them at the Japanese restaurant in National City. She wanted to make sure everything was going to be perfect, that their last night would be something they could both hold onto when Eunbi left tomorrow.

As they loaded the dishwasher, Eunbi let out a quiet gasp and looked up quickly at Yewon. “I almost forgot about my promise! Can I have the photo album I gave you back, I need to put in the new photos before I go back.”

“Sure,” Yewon smiled, “I’ll go get it for you in a second.”

“Thanks. I’ll go and get the photos,” Eunbi said, putting the last plate in and leaving Yewon to switch it on. She returned a few moments later with a stack of polaroids and walked into Yewon’s office, sitting down behind her desk and spreading the photos over the desk. Yewon walked in a few moments later and plucked the album from one of the shelves and handed it over to Eunbi, leaning over the desk to kiss her.

“Thank you,” Eunbi smiled, pushing the chair back and standing up. “I’ll do it later. What do you want to do for the rest of the day? The exhibit doesn’t start until around five.”

“I keep telling you,” Yewon mumbled, pulling Eunbi closer by the bottom of her sweater. “Whatever you want to do.”

“Anything, as long as it’s with you,” Eunbi told her, cupping Yewon’s face and kissing her. “I’ll have enough time to pack tomorrow, so the entire day is ours.”

“Well, then what should we do?” Yewon asked. “Do you have everything you need for tomorrow? Do you want to go shopping and pick up a few more things?”

“Sure, we can go shopping. How about we catch a movie too?” Eunbi suggested and Yewon willingly agreed.

~

~

They got back to the apartment a couple of hours before the exhibit, and Eunbi ushered Yewon out of the office, telling her that she wasn’t allowed to see the photos until they were all in the album. Yewon let out a small laugh and went to plan her outfit for this evening, leaving Eunbi in peace. She spent the next hour getting ready, wanting to make sure they had plenty of time to make it to the exhibit. At the sound of the phone ringing, Yewon picked it up to see Solar’s name on the screen,

“Yes,” Yewon said, waiting for Solar to talk.

“Hi, Miss Kim, It’s- uh...you need to come to the office. It’s important. Something to do with a break-in, I don’t really know what’s happening,” Solar said.

“I can’t come in right now, I have plans,” Yewon told her firmly. “I already told you this, you made the reservations for me.”

“Um..right, I’m sorry ma’am, but there are cops here, so I think you should come down to the office,” Solar said apologetically.

“,” Yewon cursed, clenching her jaw. “I’ll be there soon.”

Yewon quickly walked to her office and poked her head in, giving Eunbi an apologetic look. “Hey, I’m sorry, I have to go into the office. I’m not sure what’s happening but there are cops there.”

Eunbi’s eyebrows shot up and she looked at Yewon with concern. “Oh, that’s fine. Do you want me to come with you?” Eunbi asked.

“No, no, it’s fine. Um...I’m not sure how long it’ll take, but I will definitely make sure I make it to the exhibit.” Yewon told her.

“It’s fine, we can cancel the exhibit and go straight to dinner. It’s no big deal, you just take care of everything at the office,” Eunbi assured her.

“We’re going to the exhibit. This is the last one you’ll get to see for a while. You’re not missing it. I might have to meet you there though,” Yewon said.

“Okay, sounds good,” Eunbi smiled at her, waving her over. “Come here.”

Yewon walked into the room, smiling as she went around her desk and leaned down to kiss Eunbi, leaving lipstick smudged on Eunbi’s lips. She reached up and gently wiped it away for her, before placing another softer kiss on her lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter