Chapter 14

Wait For Me To Come Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yewon frowned down at the unknown number on her screen. Wondering who was calling her and if she had ended up getting caught in another meeting, Yewon answered the call with a small sigh.

“This is Kim Yewon,” She answered, leaning back in her chair.

“Sup weirdo,” The voice on the other end came through, “Do you always answer the phone like that?”

“Excuse me?” Yewon spluttered, pulling the phone away from her ear and frowning down at it. She considered hanging up, but her thumb hesitated over the red button and she decided to find out who it was.

“Relax Kim, it’s Sojung.”

Yewon let out a quiet laugh, the voice clicking into place. Sojung. Of course, it was, who else would make fun of Yewon in that way?

“Um...hi? Yes, I do when I don’t know who’s calling me,” Yewon replied, answering Sojung’s previous question and feeling confused as to why Sojung had called her.

“Okay...so you know Yerin? And her girlfriend Yuju?” Sojung began, not waiting for Yewon to confirm. “So, they’re in town for the weekend, but Eunbi doesn’t know though. It’s a surprise...Eunha and I were going to get everyone to meet at this bar we go to tomorrow night, so we need you to get her there.”

There was a pause and Yewon realized Sojung was waiting for her to answer back.

“Oh! Um...sure, I can get her there,” Yewon replied.

“Great! I’ll text you the name of the bar and stuff,” Sojung told her, “Bye Kim”

Yewon put her phone down on the counter, a bewildered smile crossing her face. She shook her head before turning her attention back to the finances she was reviewing.

~

~

The next day, Yewon made sure she left the office early so that she had plenty of time to get ready to meet everyone at the bar. She wasn’t nervous about meeting Eunbi’s friends, considering that she had already met her sister, which was the most important...well except for maybe Eunbi’s mother, but Yewon didn’t want to think about that.

Yewon had told her that it wasn’t a nice bar so she should wear what she called ‘normal people’s clothes’. Yewon didn’t understand what everyone meant when they told her to dress casually; she thought she had been. Any less casual and she may as well wear her PJ’s to the bar. For this, Yewon had taken Solar’s help and had sent her off in search of some ‘casual’ clothes for Yewon.

She got home and rifled through the bags that Solar had delivered to Yewon’s apartment. They were all high-end designer labels, but Yewon noticed that there wasn’t a single dress in sight. She pulled out one of the shirts, a pair of artfully ripped jeans, and a leather jacket. Even Sojung wouldn’t be able to argue with a good leather jacket. Giving herself a look in the mirror, Yewon was satisfied that she would be classed as ‘casual’.

Eunbi knocked on the door shortly after and Yewon let her in with a smile and a lingering kiss.

“Hi, how was work?” She asked, taking Eunbi by the hand and pulling her inside.

“You look nice. Work was good! We got a lot of work done today. We had a long training session though, I’m exhausted,” Eunbi said, flopping down on the sofa with a groan. “I never want to wear tactical gear again.”

Yewon let a soft laugh as she lifted Eunbi’s legs and sat down underneath them. She absentmindedly gave Eunbi’s feet a massage as she listened to Eunbi tell her about the rest of her day. Lifting herself up onto her elbows, Eunbi stared at Yewon with a look of hesitation on her face.

“Can we talk about something?” Eunbi asked seriously.

“Um...sure, what’s wrong?” Yewon, a seed of doubt settling into the back of her mind as she panicked slightly.

“Can we get Chinese food for dinner?” Eunbi asked, looking at Yewon with a hopeful look on her face.

“That- that’s what you want to talk about?” Yewon asked, giving Eunbi an exasperated look.

“Yeah,” Eunbi confirmed, raising her eyebrows slightly as she waited for Yewon’s answer.

Leaning back onto the pillows and throwing her head back, Yewon let out a deep sigh. “Oh God, what the , Eunbi! Don’t do that, I thought it was going to be something serious!”

“Chinese food is serious,” Eunbi laughed, pulling herself up to give Yewon a kiss before groaning about how much her abs were hurting. She flopped back down on the couch, resting her head on her hands.

“I thought that maybe we could go out tonight, for a few drinks maybe,” Yewon suggested casually. “We can get Chinese before.”

“Sure, if you want,” Eunbi smiled at Yewon. “I’ll need to have a shower and get changed.”

“No problem, I’ll go and find you something to wear,” Yewon said, patting Eunbi on her legs for her to move them so she could stand up. Eunbi trailed behind her, walking down the hallway and into the bathroom. Rifling through her closet, Yewon found the biggest clothes she could so that they would fit Eunbi.

With a knock on the door, Yewon walked into the bathroom and placed clothes on the counter. “There are some clean clothes on the counter,” Yewon yelled over the sound of running water and received a shout in thanks back. Leaving Eunbi to shower, she walked back on into the kitchen, picking up her phone off the counter. She sent a quick text to Sojung.

‘Slight problem; Eunbi wants to get Chinese for dinner, but I talked her into going out for a few drinks afterward.’

Sojung messaged her a few minutes later, letting her know that it was fine as long as they got to the bar. “Luckily, Eunbi had made it home earlier than Yewon had thought, so they wouldn’t be much later than expected.

~

~

They left the Chinese restaurant as soon as they finished eating and Eunbi laughed as Yewon tugged her along at a brisk pace. “In a rush are we?” She asked, her eyes crinkling at the corners as she looked at Yewon.

Slowing slightly, Yewon shrugged, trying to not look suspicious. She didn’t want to look too anxious to get to the bar otherwise Eunbi would think something was up and the surprise would be ruined. Squeezing Eunbi’s hands, Yewon gave her a smile.

“So, I’ve been thinking…” Yewon started, trying to give Eunbi something else to think about, as well as bringing up an issue she had wanted to talk about with Eunbi.

With a laugh, Eunbi replied, “Well that’s dangerous.”

“Only for stupid people,” Yewon scoffed. “Well, I was just- I was thinking about whether or not you would like to come to the annual Kim gala with me… like as my girlfriend…”

“Really? Are you sure you want to go public?” Eunbi asked hesitantly.

“Well, apparently we’re not being as subtle as I thought. I’m pretty sure the entire company already knows and besides, I want you to come,” Yewon told Eunbi, giving her a shy smile.

“Mmm yes, I’m actually aware of that. I keep getting strange looks whenever I come to your office and I had a nice little chat with Solar,” Eunbi mused, thinking about the conversation.

“With Solar?” Yewon asked, frowning in confusion. “What did she say? She shouldn’t have-”

Eunbi cut Yewon off with a gentle squeeze of her hand. “Relax, it’s fine. She’s very protective of you. Like I don’t know if you know, but very protective of you. She just wanted to make sure I wouldn’t hurt you,” Eunbi admitted.

“Oh,” Yewon mumbled, “Well Solar has been with me since I first started working for my family’s company. She’s probably the closest person I have to a friend.”

“Anyway, I would love to come to your gala. When is it?” Eunbi asked, hoping that it was soon and on a weekend so that she could come.

“Next month. I can have Solar arrange everything for you. Eunha and Sojung are welcome to come, of course. As well as any other guests you would like to invite,” Yewon told Eunbi, a bubble of happiness rising within her at Eunbi’s acceptance of the invitation.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter