Chapter 19

Wait For Me To Come Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over the next week, Yewon only saw Eunbi for a few hours each night. Every day, she could feel Eunbi slipping away from her little by little and there wasn’t anything she could do about it. Frustrated, Yewon gave Solar some orders, setting her plan into motion. Tonight they were going to have a nice, romantic meal together and spend some quality time together. Eunbi hasn’t been deployed yet and Yewon was determined to make the most of the time they had left together. Of course, she could understand why Eunbi was pulling away, but she was going to leave either way and Yewon would have to deal with the heartache of missing her whether they spent the next few weeks attached at the hip or barely seeing each other at all. The only difference was that she would prefer to spend as much time with Eunbi as she could.

She stayed at the office late that night, waiting for Eunbi to call her before deciding to leave. Solar poked her head in around six, informing Yewon that she had fulfilled her requests and Yewon dismissed her for the night.

It wasn’t until six that Yewon’s phone rang. She smiled as she answered it, listening to Eunbi’s voice come through.

“Hi! I’m just leaving work now; I’ll be there in like an hour. Are we still on for dinner tonight?” Eunbi cheerfully spoke.

“Hi! Yes, I’ll sort out dinner,” Yewon assured Eunbi.

“Great! See you soon, bye” Eunbi said before the phone went dead.

Yewon smiled slightly to herself, refocusing her attention back onto the plans for Kim-Corp’s latest product. She still had a while before Eunbi would make it back to the city, so Yewon thought she would make the most of her time at the office.

~

~

Yewon stepped out of the shower and padded back into her room. She quickly changed before heading out to the kitchen, making sure everything was in order for when Eunbi got here, which should be any minute now.

She shut the oven door at the sound of a knock on the door and quickly untied the apron around her waist, throwing it onto the counter as she rushed to the door. Throwing it open, Yewon smiled widely at Eunbi, leaning in to give her a hard kiss.

“Oh! Hi,” Eunbi blinked in surprise, taken aback by Yewon’s bright expression and forwardness. “You’re in a good mood.”

“Well I am now,” Yewon murmured, kissing Eunbi again, softly this time. She gave her a once over, taking in the sight of Eunbi’s shirt and jeans that she was wearing. Obviously, she had already gone home, which meant that she wouldn’t need to clean up before dinner.

Taking Eunbi by the hand, Yewon pulled her inside and shut the door, before walking back down the hallway with Eunbi walking behind her. At the end of the hallway, Eunbi stopped in her tracks, looking around the room with wide eyes. There were flowers covering every surface and candles flickering, coloring the room with an orange glow.

“Oh, wow...” Eunbi softly murmured, turning to look at Yewon with a smile on her face. “What’s the occasion?”

“Does there need to be one?” Yewon asked, raising an eyebrow at Eunbi as she smiled smugly.

Eunbi walked over to the nearest bunch of flowers, reaching out to gently touch the petals of one of them. “What kind of flowers are these?” She asked.

Yewon came up behind her, wrapping her hands around Eunbi’s waist and placing her lips to her neck. “They’re called Carnations,” Yewon told her, kissing the back of her neck.

“They’re beautiful,” Eunbi said, closing her eyes and relishing in the feeling of the kisses Yewon was placing on her neck. Suddenly Yewon pulled away, walking around the kitchen counter and opening the oven.

“The first course will be ready soon,” Yewon smiled, enjoying the look of surprise on Eunbi’s face.

“The first course?” Eunbi asked, walking over to Yewon to see what she was cooking. Her path was blocked by Yewon’s hand as she cut her off from coming closer.

“No, you sit down. It’s a surprise.” Yewon grinned at her. “A good one...I hope. I’ve been getting better,” Eunbi sighed, giving Yewon an exasperated look, even as she walked over to the couch.

“Would you like a glass of wine or did you want to wait until we eat?” Yewon asked, pulling a pan out of the oven and setting it above the stove to cool down. Shuffling around the kitchen, Yewon pulled out plates and other ingredients, finishing the final touches for the main course.

“I'll just wait until we eat,” Eunbi assured her, “Which I can’t wait for, because whatever it smells amazing.”

Yewon let out a quick laugh, knowing that Eunbi would lie to her even if it was awful, just so Yewon’s feelings wouldn’t get hurt. “Do you want to put some music on?” Yewon asked, gesturing to the record player and a stack of vinyl.

Eunbi got up and walked over to it, rifling through the stacks of records, before pulling one out with a triumphant smile on her face. “How about some Gfriend?” She called over to Yewon.

“Whatever you want,” Yewon replied, shrugging indifferently.

Eunbi laughed, sliding the vinyl out of the cover and placing it on the record player. “Please, I know Fallin’ Light is one of your favorite songs,” Eunbi told her, dropping the needle down onto the vinyl and filling the apartment with music. Yewon smiled at the first notes of the piano, taking comfort in the emotional song.

Adding the last details to their appetizers, Yewon picked up their plates and carried them over to the table, setting them down gently. Eunbi wandered over, curious to see what they were eating and starving from the long day at work.

Yewon pulled out Eunbi’s chair for her, giving her a warm smile as she gestured for Eunbi to take a seat. With a quiet laugh, Eunbi let Yewon guide her into the seat, murmuring her thanks. Walking around to the other side of the table, Yewon sat down and poured them both a glass of wine.

“This looks so good,” Eunbi said, not even trying to disguise the surprise in her voice. “What is it?”

“Um...It’s rockmelon bruschetta with goat cheese and prosciutto,” Yewon informed her, picking hers up and inspecting it.

“Fancy,” Eunbi commented, giving Yewon a wide smile as she took a bite. She mumbled her approval through her mouthful of food and Yewon laughed softly, shaking her head as she took a bite of her own.

They both talked about their days as they made their way through the starters. Once they finished, Yewon carried their empty plates to the kitchen, insisting that Eunbi should stay seated while Yewon prepared the second course. A few minutes later she walked back over with another two plates and set Eunbi’s plate down in front of her.

“And here we have salmon with quinoa, brown rice, and vegetables,” Yewon explained as she took her seat.

“Did you actually make all of this yourself?” Eunbi asked skeptically, eyeing the food.

“Um..yes, I did actually,” Yewon huffed, pretending to be offended by Eunbi’s skepticism. “I mean...I did pick food that didn’t really need to be cooked too much, just in case.”

They both laughed as they dug into their food and Yewon was pleasantly surprised to find that she had actually done a pretty good job. “The dessert is by far the best part though,” Yewon told Eunbi.

“Oooh, what did you make?” Eunbi asked, cutting up her salmon and shoving a piece into .

“Well...I didn’t make it, but you’ll thank me for that,” Yewon laughed. “I picked up some chocolate pecan pie from your favorite place and I remembered the ice cream this time.”

“Oh my God, yes. You spoil me,” Eunbi smiled widely at Yewon, her eyes lit up at the thoughts of the pie.

“Hardly,” Yewon smiled, feeling pleased with herself. Everything was going great so far, Eunbi wasn’t pushing her away so far.

~

~

After they finished eating, Eunbi carried their plates over to the kitchen, finishing up a story about one of the soldiers in her platoon. She opened the dishwasher as Yewon extinguished the candles on the table. “Oh, it’s fine, just leave the dishes,” Yewon told her to turn off the music.

“No no,” Eunbi argued, “You cooked, so I’ll clean up.”

Yewon walked over to the kitchen, smirking to herself as she came up behind Eunbi and grabbed her by the waist. She kissed her just below her ear and heard Eunbi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter