Chapter 39

Wait For Me To Come Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yewon opened her eyes to sunlight streaming in through the curtains. It fell across Eunbi’s sleeping form beside her, and Yewon blinked in surprise. This was the first time in five days that hadn’t woken up early from one of her nightmares. With a small smile, Yewon propped her head upon her hand and watched Eunbi sleep, her chest rising and falling steadily as she breathed slowly. As Yewon watched her sleep, she listened 5to the muffled sounds of voices downstairs, signaling that everyone else was already up, and she wasn’t surprised considering that the sun was already up.

It wasn’t long before Eunbi started stirring, and her eyelids fluttered open to reveal her golden-brown eyes. They crinkled at the corners as she smiled at Yewon, stretching as she sat up and reached for her glasses. “Morning,” she yawned, scrunching her face up as she scooted closer to Yewon.

“You didn’t have any nightmares,” Yewon pointed out, cupping Eunbi’s face and slowly kissing her.

“Mm, I didn’t,” Eunbi mumbled against her lips, brushing the hair off of Yewon’s shoulder and trailing kisses along her jaw and down her neck. “I guess things are settling down again.”

“But I still think you should consider what I said the other day,” Yewon quietly told her, pushing Eunbi back slightly so she could look at her face.

“I will,” Eunbi promised her, wrinkling her nose before smiling and leaning in for another kiss. Yewon obligingly placed another one on her lip as she smiled, before Eunbi resumed kissing Yewon’s neck. Yewon squirmed at the ticklish feeling of Eunbi’s lips on her neck, and she laughed as Eunbi brought her hands up to Yewon’s ribs and tickled her.

“Stop, that tickles!” Yewon laughed, arms and legs flailing wildly as she wriggled beneath Eunbi’s touch. Eunbi’s own laughter was cut off by a breathless gasp as Yewon accidentally kneed her in the stomach, winding her.

“!” Yewon cursed, staring at Eunbi as she clapped a hand to . “I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to hit you. Are you okay?”

“It’s fine, just winded. I’m going to get you back,” Eunbi said breathlessly, smiling as she lunged for Yewon, who squealed and scrambled off the bed. Her foot got stuck in the bedsheets as she tried to escape Eunbi, and Yewon half fell out of bed, hitting her head on the corner of the dressers she tripped with a loud bang.

“!” Yewon muttered, gingerly touching her head and bringing her hand away with blood staining her fingers. “Oh great, do you have any tissues?”

“Oh god, are you okay? Let me see,” Eunbi said, frantically scrambling out of bed and crouching down next to Yewon. She gently pried Yewon’s hand off her head and winced at the blood that was welling up. “Oh no, it looks deep, I think you might need stitches. I’ll go get my mom.”

Yewon climbed to her feet, rolling her eyes at Eunbi as she took her by the hand. “It’s fine, it’ll probably stop in a minute. Come on, let’s go and get some breakfast.”

“Yewon, you have blood dripping down your face, I don’t think it’s fine,” Eunbi told her with a look that was a mixture of disapproval and concern. They walked downstairs and Yewon assured Eunbi she was fine while Eunbi nervously looked at the blood slowly dripping down the side of Yewon’s face.

“What were you two doing up there, causing all that noise?” Sojung asked when they appeared in the doorway, raising her eyebrows as she smirked.
“Oh, you know, just having some fun,” Yewon said with a shrug as she walked into the kitchen.

“Mom, can you get your medical kit,” Eunbi asked, and Jessica turned around from the stove to see what was wrong. She frowned at the sight of Yewon’s face and quickly turned the stove off before hurrying over. Gently, she guided Yewon down into a chair and quickly moved Yewon’s hand away from her head, taking in the cut just on her hairline.

“I’m fine, it’ll stop in a minute,” Yewon assured her.

“Uh...no, I think you need stitches, honey,” Jessica corrected her, picking up Yewon’s hand and pressing it back over the cut. “You keep your hand there and I’ll be back in a second.”

“What did you do to her?” Eunha asked Eunbi, gaping at Yewon with wide eyes.

“I tickled her and things got out of hand,” Eunbi shrugged, grimacing as she gestured helplessly with her hands.

“I..uh...fell out of bed and caught myself on the dresser. It’s no big deal,” Yewon shrugged stealing a piece of toast off Eunha’s plate

“Food, yes, good. I’ll get you some more toast and some coffee,” Eunbi said, kissing Yewon on the other side of her head, before walking into the kitchen and grabbing the loaf of bread.

Jessica returned a moment later, dumping a bag on the kitchen table and ping it. “You girls might want to take your breakfast into the living room if you get squeamish,” she warned Eunha and Sojung, who were watching with interest.

“I’m good,” Sojung said. “Besides, I’m betting twenty that she’s going to cry.”

Yewon flipped Sojung off behind Jessica’s back, scowling as Sojung grinned at her. Pulling out an array of medical supplies, Jessica set about cleaning out the cut, and Yewon tried not to wince as it stung. “Mhm, you definitely need stitches,” Jessica muttered as she dabbed at the cut. “I’m going to need to give you a little needle.”

Yewon sighed but didn’t protest as Jessica opened up a package and pulled out a needle, which she quickly filled with a numbing solution. She parted Yewon’s hair around the cut and carefully jabbed the needle in, and Yewon stiffened at the stinging as Jessica injected her with the numbing solution. Eunbi walked over with a stack of toast, and Yewon took a slice off the top, mumbling her thanks as she warily eyed the hook Jessica was holding.

“Okay, stay still sweetie. It won’t hurt but you’ll feel it pulling,” Jessica told her. Yewon turned to stone as Jessica carefully pulled the edges of her cut together, slowly stitching it up. Before long she was tying off the last stitch and dabbing some lotion on it.

“There we go,” Jessica told her, peeling off her gloves. “All done. They can come out in a week. Just try and be careful in the future, okay?”

“Okay. Thanks, Jessica,” Yewon said, giving her a grateful smile. Jessica patted her cheek and planted a kiss on the top of Yewon’s head, before clearing away all the medical supplies and putting the medical kit away.

“You’re welcome, honey. There are painkillers in the medicine cabinet,” Jessica told her, and before Yewon could protest, she cut her off. “They’re not strong like last time.”

“Okay,” Yewon said without a fight. She knew she would probably need them later anyway, but her stubbornness would make her hold out for a few hours, but she wasn’t a masochist. “I’m going to go and wash the blood off my face.”

She took the empty plate and her cup into the kitchen and dumped them in the sink, before heading upstairs. Her face was a little pale as she stared at her reflection, but besides the blood covering her face, you couldn’t even tell. The stitches were hidden by her dark hair, and Yewon gently prodded at them while she waited for the water to heat up. After a quick shower, Yewon wrapped herself in a towel and reached for her toothbrush as a knock sounded on the door.

“It’s me. Can I come in?” Eunbi’s muffled voice asked. Yewon yanked the door open, letting her inside before she picked up the toothpaste. Eunbi reached for her own toothbrush and they stood shoulder to shoulder brushing their teeth as they looked at each other’s reflections in the mirror.

Yewon smiled as Eunbi wrinkled her nose at her, bumping her gently with her shoulder, and Yewon pushed her back, taking the toothbrush out of and poking her tongue out as she looked at Eunbi in the mirror. They pulled funny faces in the mirror as they poked each other in the ribs and laughed before they both rinsed their mouths out and Yewon turned to face Eunbi. Leaning up slightly, Yewon pressed a quick kiss to Eunbi’s lips, tasting the mint of the toothpaste as she let her lips linger a moment longer. “So, what’s the plan for today?” Yewon asked, arching an eyebrow in question.

Eunbi took her glasses off the left on the counter, before stripping off her hoodie and letting it fall to the ground. She frowned slightly as a thoughtful expression crossed her face. “Hmm, I don’t know. What would you like to do?” Eunbi asked.

Yewon smiled as she grabbed Eunbi by the waist and pulled her closer. Pressing a kiss to the hollow of Eunbi’s collarbone, she let her fingers trail down Eunbi’s back and toy with the waistband of her sweatpants. “Anything, as long as it’s with you,” Yewon mumbled as she pressed a kiss to Eunbi’s shoulder.

“Well, first, I need to shower, and if you keep that up, it won’t be happening,” Eunbi laughed, gently

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter