Chapter 18

Wait For Me To Come Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next week passed by quickly. Eunbi was constantly busy with work and making plans for her deployment and Yewon tried to keep herself busy with work at the office whenever Eunbi wasn’t around. She kept her emotions on a tight leash around Eunbi, not wanting to break down again, but at Kim-Corp she found herself very irritable and often snapped at her staff from the slightest inconvenience.

Yewon found herself gravitating towards Eunha. She was about to lose her sister and Yewon sought comfort with her. Still, there was an overwhelming pit of sadness growing bigger every day as the date of the deployment neared. Yewon had always been alone, she had found it comforting, but now...she couldn't imagine not being able to see Eunbi every day. She didn’t want to be alone.

It was Friday night and Yewon was at Eunha’s apartment, typing away at her keyboard as she waited for Eunbi to come home from work. She had spent three nights at Eunha’s place this week, at Eunha’s insistence, so that Eunbi could spend time with both her sister and her girlfriend.

The sound of a key in the lock caught Yewon’s attention and she perked up, a smile curling the corners of her lips. Eunbi pushed the door open, groaning loudly as she made her way through the door. “Hey...busy day?” Yewon asked, closing her laptop and standing up.

“Hey you,” Eunha called from the other side of the couch, looking away from the TV to smile at Eunbi.

“I’m sooo tired,” Eunbi mumbled, kissing Yewon on the cheek as she slipped her boots off.

“We got takeaway, there are leftovers in the fridge,” Eunha told her, changing the channel to a crime documentary.

“I’ll heat some up for you while you take a shower,” Yewon murmured, trailing a thumb over Eunbi’s cheek as she smiled at her.

“You’re the best,” Eunbi smiled, her nose wrinkling slightly. Yewon pulled back and walked into the kitchen while Eunbi walked down the hallway. She scraped some noodles onto a plate and placed it in the microwave to heat up.

“Hey Eunha, do you mind if I make some coffee?” Yewon asked.

“Oh my God, you literally ask every time. Just take whatever you want, but don’t touch Sojung’s ice cream or she’ll probably shoot you,” Eunha laughed.

“Wouldn’t dream of it,” Yewon smiled, setting a pot of coffee to brew. “Do you want a cup?”

“Sure,” Eunha called back, absorbed in the crime scene being displayed on the screen. The microwave beep and Yewon pulled out the steaming food, setting it on the counter before pulling out three mugs. She poured coffee into them and carried hers and Eunha’s coffee over to the couch.

“Thanks,” Eunha murmured, taking the cup off Yewon while keeping her eyes glued to the TV. “I bet you ten dollars it’s the boyfriend’s brother.”

“Piss off, I’m not falling for this again. You win every time and I’m not stupid,” Yewon scoffed. Eunha rolled her eyes, smirking as she took a sip of her coffee.

“Damn, I guess I’ll have to pay for my own coffee tomorrow then,” Eunha said.

Eunbi walked out of the hallway, dressed in her PJs and a towel held in her hands as she dried her wet hair. “Trying to con her again?” Eunbi asked, raising her eyebrows as she looked at them both with an amused smile on her face.

“Luckily, I learned from my mistakes, so my fortune is still intact,” Yewon smiled at Eunbi. “Your food is on the counter and there’s coffee in the pot.”

“It only took you, what...six losses?” Eunbi asked, a smug look crossing her face. “I guess your pride couldn’t handle another one, huh?”

Yewon rolled her eyes, biting her lip to stop herself from smiling. “Fine. Ten dollars that it’s not the boyfriend’s brother.”

“She is going to bleed you dry before I come back,” Eunbi sighed, shaking her head as she sat down between them. She started shoving food into , watching the TV with interest as she waited to find out who the killer was.

There was an uproar as the killer was identified as the boyfriend’s brother.

“,” Yewon swore, collapsing back against the couch in defeat.

“YES!” Eunha cheered, smiling smugly and pointing at Yewon. “Pay up Kim. I guess coffee is on you after all.”

“You’re cheating!” Yewon protested. “You’ve seen it before! No way can you get all of them right every ing time!”

“Um...I happen to be an excellent special agent, one of the FBI’s finest if I do say so myself and I’m personally offended you would doubt my investigative skills,” Eunha gasped, holding a hand to her chest in mock offense.

“Whatever,” Yewon grumbled, “We all know you would get your handed to you if it with that one game….the one where you buy the things and the houses...or whatever.”

“What? Are you talking about Monopoly?” Eunha asked, giving Yewon a confused look.

“I don’t know what it’s ing called...you just- you buy places and there’s money,” Yewon shrugged.

“Oh God, you two are like kids,” Eunbi laughed, looking back and forth at the two of them bickering.

“No no,” Eunha said, holding her hand up, “I want to hear this proposal. Monopoly you say?”

Yewon sighed, already regretting that she challenged Eunha. “Well I’ve never played it before but I know I would beat you at it.”

“Wait, you’ve never played Monopoly?” Eunbi asked, shooting Yewon a look of surprise.

“You can’t really play it yourself,” Yewon mumbled, looking slightly embarrassed as she shrugged.

“Oh,” Eunbi softly exclaimed in surprise. She had forgotten for a moment that Yewon never had any friends and that her family wasn’t the kind to play board games.

“Okay, so we’ll play it when we go to mom’s,” Eunha told her with a small smile.

“Your mom’s?” Yewon asked, frowning in confusion.

“Oh, right! I was talking to my mom this morning. She prefers to come to the city to see us, but I usually go and spend a couple of weeks with her before I get deployed, and well...I told mom I would see if you could step away from the office and join us...for a couple of days,” Eunbi explained, a nervous expression on her face.

“You want me to meet your mom?” Yewon asked hesitantly, taken by surprise.

“She isn’t that scary,” Eunha whispered from the other end of the couch.

Yewon let out a surprised laugh, clapping her hand over . “Well, she couldn’t be worse than mine. I’d love to come.”

“Really?” Eunbi said with surprise, “I know you’re busy, but you don’t have to come for the whole time if you don’t want to. You can just meet me down there for a couple of days.”

“No, it’s fine, I can come for the whole time,” Yewon assured her, giving Eunbi a small smile.

“Sojung is coming too, if that helps,” Eunha told her, flicking over to another channel to watch.

“Oh great, well now you’ve ruined the entire trip,” Yewon sighed dramatically. “I won’t get a moment of peace with the two of you harassing me nonstop.”

Eunbi muffled a laugh, shaking her head at the two of them. Her laughter was cut off by a yawn. “Tired?” Yewon whispered, nudging her slightly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter