Chapter 7

Wait For Me To Come Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the disaster of Yewon’s dinner, the next time they had dinner together they went to a small bistro that Eunbi swore was to die for. They stayed late, enjoying each other’s company and a few glasses of wine.

And the time after that, Eunbi showed up at Kim-Corp with a pizza when Yewon said she would be at the office all night. Yewon ended up getting no work done, the spreadsheets and reports were abandoned on her desk.

On Saturday, it was time for the baseball game that Eunbi had insisted on getting tickets for. Having never watched a game of baseball, Yewon wasn’t overly excited about the match, but she did some quick research the night before so she could at least understand the game. She was mostly just excited about the sheer time she would get to spend with Eunbi.

Yewon insisted on letting her driver take them to the game, and she pulled up outside Eunha’s apartment right on time. Eunbi was waiting outside again, leaning against the brick wall. At the familiar sight of Yewon’s car, she pushed off and hurried over to the car, sliding in beside Yewon.

“Hi!” She smiled widely, already excited for the game. Yewon wondered if she was excited for the baseball part of whether she was excited to be going with her. She was secretly hoping that Eunbi wanted to spend as much time with her as she did.

“Good Morning,” Yewon greeted, “Someone’s excited.” She eyed Eunbi’s outfit; a white baseball jersey with the team name written in navy, a matching navy cap, and ripped jeans.

“Come on, it's going to be fun! You need to get in the mood,” Eunbi toddler her, picking up the small bag she had brought with her.

“Which is my I brought you this!”Eunbi exclaimed, smiling widely as she pulled out an outfit exactly like her own.

“I stole my sister’s and I thought you could wear mine,” She smiled at Yewon, “So we can match!”

Yewon raised her eyebrows slightly, accepting the clothes. “Well I wouldn’t want to look ridiculous now, would I?” Yewon smirked, eyeing the clothes warily. The hopeful expression on Eunbi’s face was enough to make her unbuckle her seatbelt and reach for the buttons on her shirt.

Eunbi blinked in surprise and quickly turned to look out the window. She made a point of intensely staring at something outside, and Yewon smiled as she noticed that Eunbi’s face was red as tried to pretend that Yewon wasn’t taking her clothes off right next to her.

She quickly changed into the baseball shirt and a pair of Eunbi’s jeans, rolling the cuffs of the shirt up, she nudged Eunbi. “So, how do I look?” She smirked.

“Uh...yea I-, you look...um, it suits you,” Eunbi stammered, her cheeks turning redder. She cleared as she stared down at her hands in her lap and avoided Yewon’s gaze.

Yewon bit her lip as she tried not to smile, but she couldn’t help but laugh at Eunbi’s awkwardness. Eunbi looked up, giving Yewon an embarrassed smile as she shrugged.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable,” Yewon apologized.

“Oh no, it's fine, I’ve seen everything in the army,” Eunbi said waving away Yewon’s apologies, “I was...um, I just didn’t want to...stare…”

Yewon laughed, raising an eyebrow at Eunbi, “Well, that’s something I’ve never heard before.”

Eunbi laughed, shaking her head as she blushed.

~

~

They joined the crowd waiting to get through the gates, chatting as the line took them closer to the entrance. Eunbi had their tickets ready when they reached the front, and they went into the stadium. Yewon’s hand found Eunbi’s hand as they headed towards their seats.

Once they found their seats, they sat down and Eunbi pulled out her camera, looking at Yewon with a hopeful expression on her face. “Just one, I promise,” She told Yewon, pulling her close as she could as Yewon grumbled. She hated having her picture taken, probably because of her experience with the press, but she smiled a genuine smile for the camera as Eunbi kneeled down and clicked the button.

A few moments later their faces appeared on the small square that was previously black and had turned into their smiling faces. Eunbi beamed at Yewon. “Perfect!”

“You know it would be a lot easier to just take pictures on your phone,” Yewon told Eunbi, watching as she carefully tucked the photo into her bag.

“Yes, but then it wouldn’t be the same,” Eunbi replied, “There’s something magical about using film, there aren’t any do-overs, it's permanent.”

She hesitated slightly before giving Yewon a small smile, “...and this was my dad’s camera, it’s one of the few things I have to remember him by.”

Yewon winced, wishing she could kick herself. “Oh, ! I’m sorry, I had no idea, I didn’t mean it in a bad way,” She babbled.

Eunbi laughed, stopping Yewon’s rambling with a gentle hand on her arm. “It’s fine, it was a valid point, no one uses film anymore. This camera is probably the only reason that I like photography so much though,” Eunbi explained softly, shrugging slightly.

“I- I like that you take pictures,” Yewon said quickly, her voice sincere as she looked at Eunbi. “You take photos of the most ordinary things but… I don’t know, you see the beauty in that and I just- I like that about you.”

She covered Eunbi’s hand with her own. “So please don’t think that I was criticizing you,” she told her. Eunbi smiled, patting Yewon’s hand in reassurance.

“It’s fine, it was just a comment,” Eunbi smiled, her eyes crinkling at the corners. Yewon nodded, giving Eunbi a small smile in return.

“Right, how about some food?” Eunbi asked, her eyes lighting up at the thought. Yewon let out a quick laugh; she was used to Eunbi’s enthusiasm towards food by now. She had eaten out more times in the past five weeks than she had in the past weeks than she had in that past five months combined. One of the downsides of not having any friends was the lack of a social life.

~

~

The game was well underway and Yewon was surprisingly enjoying it more than she had originally thought. Although, she attributed most of her enjoyment in watching Eunbi yell along with the rest of the crowd as they watched the game.

They both had plastic cups full of beer and a serving size of nachos to share. Eunbi had laughed when Yewon had been shocked by the choices of alcohol; where was the vintage wine? The decade-old whiskey? Apparently cheap beer in plastic cups was the go-to at a baseball game.

During the seventh inning, Eunbi got them tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter