Brother, Dear Brother - Chapter 18

Brother, Dear Brother

"Sunggyu's worried about you," Sungyeol informed.  "Apparently you left while he was asleep.  He's been looking for you."

Woohyun looked at Sungyeol with surprise.

Sungyeol smiled upon seeing the surprise look on the boy's face.  "I rang him just before and told him you were here," he explained.  "He's on his way over."

Just as those words escaped his lips, the doorbell rang.

"Speak of the devil," said Sungyeol as he walked over to the door.  "That was fast.  He must've flew here or something."

The second Sungyeol unlocked the door, it was kicked opened at such a great force that it knocked him back.  Woohyun rushed over to help Sungyeol up as four men entered the apartment.

"Who the hell are you people?" Sungyeol snapped.  "What do you want?"

The four men did not respond.  Instead, they approached Woohyun but Sungyeol stepped between them, attempting to shield Woohyun behind him.

"What do you think you're doing?" Sungyeol asked as he confronted the men.  He hardly seemed intimidated even as he was outnumbered.

One of the men shoved Sungyeol aside, but Sungyeol refused to back down.

"Run!" Sungyeol shouted out to Woohyun while he took on the men.

Woohyun was hesitant to run.

"What are you waiting for?"  Sungyeol shouted when he saw the boy still standing there.  "Run!"

Realising that Sungyeol was trying to hold the men back for his sake, Woohyun made for his escape.  Two of the men stayed back to deal with Sungyeol while the other two pursued Woohyun out the door.

Woohyun rushed down the flights of stairs, all the while trying to figure out who the men were and why they were after him.  At first he had thought that they were his father's men but his father would always send the same group of men to pick him up so he knew their faces, however he did not recognise these men.

When Woohyun reached the ground floor and exited the apartment complex, the two men finally caught up.  They grabbed him but Woohyun struggled out of their grasp.  He fought with one of the men while the other stood and watched as if to say that Woohyun was no match for them both.  Woohyun managed to land a fist across the man's face with enough force to split the man's lip.  Upon tasting the blood on his lips, the man frowned in anger and drew out a gun beneath his jacket and aimed it at Woohyun while the boy ran.

"Hey, what are you doing?" the second man asked when he saw the man with the gun.  "Are you crazy?"

The man ignored his words.  He was too enraged to care.  He aimed his gun at Woohyun and fired a shot.

"Woohyun!" a voice called out.

Woohyun heard the gun shot, heard his name being called by a familiar voice and the next thing he knew, he felt arms wrapped around him, pulling him into an embrace.  He raised his eyes to look at the person standing in front of him.  Sunggyu smiled at him but the smile soon faded as blood tickled down the side of his mouth.  Woohyun's eyes widened in horror as the older man collapsed into his arms.

"Sunggyu," Woohyun cried while cradling Sunggyu's body in his arms.  It was then he felt the liquid on Sunggyu's back.  He looked at his hand and saw that it was covered in blood, Sunggyu's blood.


Sungyeol let out a sigh as he peered out the window of his apartment and saw the scene below.  "Useless," he cursed under his breath.  He glanced back at the two men who stood awaiting his orders.  "Go deal with it."

The two men nodded and walked out the door.