Brother, Dear Brother - Chapter 13

Brother, Dear Brother

"That brat's a monster," said Dongwoo.  "No wonder the old man favours him as heir.  If he doesn't like something he'll just destroy it.  Look what he did to my room."

It was then Myungsoo surveyed Dongwoo's room and noticed the papers scattered on the floor along with damaged and broken furniture.  There was even a whole in the wall.  It looked like someone had punched it in.

"What did you tell him?" Myungsoo asked.

"The truth about you and Sunggyu," Dongwoo replied with an amused smile.  "Though I may have spiced it up a little.  Guess he didn't like that at all."

Myungsoo glared at Dongwoo.  As much as he wanted to wipe that smile off Dongwoo's face, he managed to recollect himself and remained calm.  "Where did he go?"

Dongwoo shrugged nonchalantly.  "Gone to vent his anger perhaps?"


Sunggyu's eyes widened in shock upon seeing Woohyun standing at his door in the pouring rain, soaked from head to toe.

"Woohyun, what are you doing here?" Sunggyu asked, almost scoldingly.  "It's raining.  Come inside quickly."  Sunggyu stepped aside to let Woohyun enter but the boy remained where he was.

"Do you like my brother Myungsoo?" Woohyun asked, catching Sunggyu by surprise.

"What?" Sunggyu asked, wondering where this was all coming from.  Why was Woohyun asking this all of a sudden?  What had gotten into the boy.

"You two know each other from long ago and he even risked his life to protect you so you must like him right?" Woohyun asked with a solemn look upon his face.

"Woohyun, just come inside first or you'll get sick," said Sunggyu.

"Do you like him?" Woohyun asked again.  "Yes or no?"

Sunggyu let out a sigh.  It seemed that Woohyun was not going listen to him until he got his answer.  "Yes."

Upon hearing Sunggyu's reply, Woohyun clenched his fists in anger.  He had expected that answer but it was not the answer he wanted to hear.  He took a moment to swallow down the rage rising inside him before he slowly released his fists.  "I see," he said as he lowered his head and turned to walk away.

"Wait!" Sunggyu called out as he grabbed a hold of Woohyun's arm to stop him from leaving.  "Where are you going?"

Woohyun stopped but did not turn around.  "Let go," he said coldly.  "Or you'll regret it."

Regret? thought Sunggyu, completely taken aback by Woohyun's words.  He noticed that the boy was acting strange.  From his words to his actions, it was as if Woohyun was a completely different person.  What had happened?  Why was he like this?

"I'm not letting you go anywhere in this weather," said Sunggyu, keeping a firm grip on Woohyun's arm.

"Let go," Woohyun repeated, sternly.  "While you still can."

Despite Woohyun's words sounding very much like a threat, Sunggyu refused to let go.  "Woohyun, what happened?"

Woohyun closed his eyes as he tried hard to control himself.  "Please let go," he said, almost pleadingly.  "I don't want you to hate me."

"Why would I hate you?" Sunggyu asked, still holding on tight.  "Woohyun..."

Woohyun struggled with himself but he was at his limit and finally gave in.  His eyes shot open, a stern look upon his face as he turned around to face Sunggyu.  He approached closer, invading Sunggyu's personal space.  The older man was startled by Woohyun's sudden actions that he took a step back but Woohyun grabbed his arm to stop him from escaping.  Sunggyu tried to pull away but he stumbled back through the entrance to his house and fell on his back pulling Woohyun down with him.  Woohyun stared down at the older man beneath him. 

"I warned you, didn't I?" said Woohyun.