Brother, Dear Brother - Chapter 16

Brother, Dear Brother

He threw up everything that he had drank earlier then wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his shirt.  When he turned around to walk out of the alley, he found that his path was blocked by three figures.

"Need a hand there, pretty boy?" one of the men asked with a smirk on his face.

His eyes were hazy.  He could not see who they were nor did he care.  "Get lost," he said as he pushed past them.

"Where do you think you're going?" spoke another man as he grabbed him by the arm and threw him against the wall.

He grimaced from the impact.  Before he knew it, he was surrounded.  The three men had him pinned against the wall with nowhere to run, though he could barely stand, let alone run.  He tried to push them away when he felt that they were too close for comfort but in his intoxicated state, there was little he could do.

"Let me go!" he demanded as he struggled to escape from their hold but to no avail.

They pushed him to the ground.  A hand clamped over his mouth to silence him.  Two men held him down while a third straddled him.  He struggled furiously as the man ripped his shirt open and proceeded to work his way down.

The man came to an abrupt halt when he felt someone grab him by his hair and pulled him off the struggling boy.  The man turned around to see who had interrupted him but was met with a fist to the face followed by a kick to the stomach.  Before the man could react, the figure grabbed him by the arm and twisted it back until they heard the sound of bones breaking.  The man screamed in agony but the figure smashed his head against the wall.  The man dropped to the ground, unmoving.  Seeing this, the two remaining men released their hold on the boy and charged at the figure who grabbed one and threw him against the wall then dealt several blows to the other.  While they were in a daze the figure grabbed their heads and rammed them against the wall.  The figure stood and watched as their bodies fell to the ground in a heap.

The figure glanced over to where the boy lay on the ground, barely able to move.  He approached the boy but halted when he heard footsteps approaching.  He contemplated a moment before disappearing into the shadows.


After searching inside the club to no avail, Sunggyu frantically searched the streets and stopped when he looked into the alley and saw several figures on the ground.  Three men lay bleeding from the head.  What shocked him more was seeing another figure on the ground in a state of undress.  His eyes widened in horror when he recognised the familiar face.

"Woohyun!" he called out as he rushed over to the boy.

Sunggyu's heart sank when he saw the state Woohyun was in.  He did not have to guess to know what had happened.  He only hoped that Woohyun was alright.  He quickly took off his jacket and wrapped it around the Woohyun's body before holding him in his arms.  The boy reeked of alcohol.  Sunggyu could only only imagine how much alcohol the boy had drunk.

"Woohyun," he called, almost in a soft whisper, not wanting to startle the boy.

In his half conscious state, Woohyun felt someone holding him in their arms and whispering his name.  A sense of relief swept over him when he recognised the soft voice.

"Sunggyu?" Woohyun asked in his hazy state, barely able to make out the face of the man beside him.

"Yes, it's me," Sunggyu replied.

A weak smile appeared on Woohyun's lips but it quickly disappeared, replaced by a saddened look.  "I must be dreaming," said Woohyun, bitterly.  "Why would Sunggyu be here?  He doesn't like me."

"It's me," Sunggyu said, trying to reassure the boy.  "I'm here." 

"He hates me," said Woohyun.  "I don't want him to hate me because I love him.  I love him so much that it hurts.  It hurts so much..."  Woohyun's words trailed off as he fell into unconsciousness.