Brother, Dear Brother - Chapter 17

Brother, Dear Brother

When Woohyun awoke, his head was still pounding.  He tried to recall what had happened but his memory was hazy.  The last thing he remembered was drinking in a club.  Everything after that was a blur.  He glanced around the room and jolted up upon realising where he was.  Sunggyu's place.  The last time he was here he had promised not to bother the older man anymore.  Yet, now here he was again.  He quickly climbed out of bed and walked out of the room.

Passing by the living room, he found a figure curled up on the sofa fast asleep.  Upon seeing Sunggyu's serene sleeping face, he could not help but approach him with slow careful steps.  Even if it was for just a moment, he wanted to look at the older man's face.  Not being able to see Sunggyu for the past few days, he had missed the older man so much so that all he wanted to do was grab him and hug him.

Before he knew it, Woohyun reached out a hand towards Sunggyu, wanting to caress the older man's face.  Just one touch was all he asked for but even so he was not granted the chance.  Sunggyu stirred.  Woohyun quickly retracted his hand and stepped away.  He took one last look at Sunggyu before walking out the front door.


Sungyeol yawned as he drove along the road on his way home from a busy night t work.  He glanced at the time.  It was almost morning.  He wondered if he would be able to catch some sleep before sunrise.  As he drove along the deserted street, his eyes caught sight of a figure walking or should he say staggering on the street.  The way the figure was swaying from side to side, Sungyeol wondered if it was drunken person stumbling on his way home.  He did not think much of it and continued to drive on.  As he passed by the figure, he glanced his head and caught sight of the figure's face.  He recognised that face.  He immediately stepped on the brakes.

"Hey kid, what are you doing wandering about at this time?" a voice called out.

Woohyun looked up and saw a luxury sports car parked by the side of the road.  A figure stepped out of the car but his head was hurting so much, he could barely focus to see who it was.

Upon seeing the boy's unsteady state, Sungyeol walked up to him.  "What's wrong?" he asked.  "Lost again?"

Woohyun looked up at the figure in front of him, finally recognising the man in front of him.

"If you're looking for Sunggyu, you're heading the wrong way," said Sungyeol.  "Come on, I'll take you."

Woohyun shook his head.  "I don't want to bother him."

"I'm sure he doesn't think you're a bother," said Sungyeol.  "He'll be happy to see you.  The past few days you haven't been around, he's like a lost soul."

Woohyun looked at Sungyeol with surprise.

Upon seeing he surprise look on Woohyun's face, Sungyeol wondered if perhaps he had said something wrong.


Sungyeol let out a sigh as he stepped inside his luxury apartment with Woohyun following behind.  He had somehow ended up letting Woohyun stay at his place as it seemed that there was something amiss between Sunggyu and the boy.

"Make yourself at home," said Sungyeol as he tossed his keys aside and disappeared into the kitchen.

Woohyun sat down on one of the sofa and glanced about the lavish apartment.  He could not help but wonder what type of work it was that Sungyeol did.

Sungyeol returned a moment later with a glass of water and handed it to the boy.  "Here, drink this."

"Thank you," said Woohyun as he accepted the drink and gulped it down.

"Is that why you were drinking at the club?" Sungyeol asked as he plopped himself down onto the sofa.  "Drinking is bad for you, you know?  How did you get in the club anyway?  You're underage, aren't you?"

Woohyun looked at him but did not respond.


He took out his phone and dialled a number as he looked up at the apartment building.  "I found him."

After ending the call, he stepped out of the car with three other men and headed up the building.