Brother, Dear Brother - Chapter 14

Brother, Dear Brother

Before Sunggyu could utter a word of protest, Woohyun leaned down and closed the gap between them, capturing the older man's lips in a rough kiss.  Sunggyu was too shocked to react.  His mind was blank as he lay there trying to comprehend the situation.  Woohyun was kissing him with so much force that it was like some hungry wild animal wanting to devour it's prey.

In such a situation it was only normal for one to panic and try and break free from their attacker.  Woohyun knew this and was prepared for Sunggyu to struggle in protest.  After all, if someone was forcing you to do something against your will, you would do everything to try and escape.  Woohyun expected Sunggyu to turn violent when the older man finally came to his senses and raised his hands.  He continued kissing Sunggyu while waiting for the older man to push him away but he froze when he felt Sunggyu's arms wrapped around him, his back ever so gently.  Woohyun's face became a mask of confusion as he stared at Sunggyu.  Why?  Why was Sunggyu reacting this way?

Sunggyu looked into Woohyun's eyes which were b with tears.  Despite Woohyun's actions, Sunggyu could tell that the boy was suffering.  Pushing the boy away would only add to his pain.

"It's okay," Sunggyu whispered softly as he continued to comfort the boy while holding him in his embrace.

Woohyun finally broke down and cried while apologising over and over.  "I'm sorry.  Please don't hate me."

"I don't hate you," Sunggyu whispered.


Sunggyu tucked the sleeping Woohyun into his bed.  The boy had cried himself to sleep.  He noticed Woohyun's face was flushed and his breathing was heavy.  He placed a hand on Woohyun's forehead and as expected, the boy was burning up with a fever.  He contemplated on taking Woohyun to the hospital but the pouring rain made him reconsider.

If his condition worsens I'll take him to the hospital, thought Sunggyu.

He placed a damp towel over Woohyun's forehead to try and cool him down.  While wiping down Woohyun's sweaty body, Sunggyu noticed the injured knuckles on the boy's hands.  He glanced at the unconscious boy, wondering what could have caused that.  After changing Woohyun into a new set of clothes, Sunggyu spent the rest of the night beside his bed watching over him.

What am I going to do with you? he thought with a sigh.


When Woohyun opened his eyes the next morning, he found himself in an unfamiliar bed, dressed in clothes that did not belong to him.  As he sat up trying to recall what had happened, he caught sight of Sunggyu asleep on a chair beside the bed.  Memories of last night flooded his mind.  The realisation of what he had done to Sunggyu overwhelmed him with guilt and regret.  The one who ended up regretting for their actions was him and not Sunggyu. 

After hearing about Sunggyu and Myungsoo's relationship, he did not know what came over him.  He did not know why he was so angry to hear how close they were.  He hated it, hated it so much that he could not control himself and did something unthinkable.  Now it was too late.  Sunggyu surely hated him.  He did not want Sunggyu to hate him.  He closed his eyes, wanting to shut out the terrible thought until he felt a hand on his forehead.

"Thank goodness your fever has gone down," he heard Sunggyu say.

Woohyun's eyes shot open and found himself staring at Sunggyu's face.  The older man smiled at him which only deepened his guilt.  Why was Sunggyu still treating him so kindly?

"I'm sorry," Woohyun said while lowering his head.

"There's no need to apologise," said Sunggyu.  "You were delirious from the fever."

Woohyun looked at Sunggyu with surprise.  He finally understood why the older man was not angry with him.

"You were walking in the heavy rain," said Sunggyu.  "No wonder you were sick."

"No," said Woohyun sternly, much to Sunggyu's surprise.  He knew why he did what he did.  "I was not delirious."

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun in silent, afraid of what the boy might say.  He had tried to make light of the situation but it seemed Woohyun was not going to let him.

"I kissed you because I love you."