Brother, Dear Brother - Chapter 22

Brother, Dear Brother

Despite being outnumbered, Dongwoo and his four men stood ready as the sword wielding men charged towards them.  Dongwoo proved to be a great fighter, much to the surprise of their attackers.  He was able to evade their blades and steal a sword which he used against them.  With a sword in hand, Dongwoo fought his enemies.  A battle ensued.  Dongwoo proved to be efficient with the sword as he struck down his enemies one by one.  By the time the last man fell, Dongwoo realised that he was the only one left standing.

As he turned and headed towards the waiting car, he sensed a presence behind him.  He turned around and was caught by surprise when a blade rushed towards him, aiming for his heart.  He was quick to block the otherwise fatal attack with the sword in his hand.  Before Dongwoo had a chance to even catch his breath, his attacker followed through with continuous attacks. 

After exchanging several blows, Dongwoo soon realised that this person was on a different level to the others.  The masked figure struck again.  Dongwoo raised his sword to block but the speed and force of his attacker's blow, knocked the sword out of his hand.  Dongwoo felt his attacker's blade plunge into his stomach.  When his attacker withdrew the blade, Dongwoo grabbed it with both hands, stopping him.  While gripping the blade tight, Dongwoo glanced back at the waiting car.

"What are you waiting for?  Go!" he shouted to them.

After a brief moment, the car took off.  Dongwoo smiled as he released his grip on the blade.  Truth be told, he had no strength left to hold on even if he wanted to.  He collapsed to the ground, bleeding from his wound.

The masked figure in the black trench coat crouched down beside him.  "So it seems you do consider him your father after all, even risking your life for his.  Is it worth it?  What kind of father leaves their son to die?"

"Who are you?" Dongwoo asked as he lay grasping for breath.

The figure did not respond.  He stood up and glanced around at the bodies of his men on the ground before letting out a disappointed sigh.  "Useless.  Must I do everything myself?"

Leaving Dongwoo dying on the ground, the figure made his way towards a black car where several men stood waiting.

"Deal with this mess," he ordered as he got into the driver's seat.

"Yes, Sir."


Myungsoo was breathing heavily as the blood continued to flow out from the deep gash on his back but even so, he still held onto Sunggyu.  Suffering from exhaustion and blood loss, he was finding it hard to focus. 

The masked figure struck again and though Myungsoo was able to block it, his grip on Sunggyu loosened and the unconscious man fell to the ground.  Myungsoo tried to reach for him but his enemy's blade intercepted him.  The two continued to engage in battle, clashing their swords again and again.  Myungsoo could not stay focused as he kept glancing back at Sunggyu, worried for the older man who was looking paler by the minute.

Lost in his thoughts, Myungsoo failed to block the sword which came straight at him, impaling itself into his chest.  He dropped the sword in his hand.  The masked figure pulled the sword out.  Myungsoo collapsed to the ground.  The masked figure stood and watched in silence as Myungsoo struggled to pull himself over to where Sunggyu lay before finally collapsing beside the older man.

The masked figure took out his phone and dialled a number.  "It's done."