Brother, Dear Brother - Chapter 19

Brother, Dear Brother

Tears strolled down Woohyun's face as he called out Sunggyu's name while holding the older man in his arms.

"Sunggyu," he cried in disbelief.  "I'm sorry."

Sunggyu looked at the boy and managed a weak smile before he lost consciousness.

"Sunggyu!" Woohyun called out as he tried to wake the older man.  "Sunggyu!"

Too consumed by grief, Woohyun was unaware as two men approached him until it was too late.  The four men separated the pair, much to Woohyun's protest.  Two of the men grabbed hold of Sunggyu with one pointing a gun at the unconscious man's head while the other two pointed their guns at Woohyun to keep him away.

"Give him back to me!"  Woohyun demanded angrily.

Despite having two guns pointed at him, Woohyun rushed towards Sunggyu but was blocked by one of the men.  His eyes narrowed in anger as he attacked the man in his way.  The rage was consuming him and seeing Sunggyu in danger broke him.  Like a wild animal, he attacked the man furiously.  His change in personality caught the man off guard.  Rather than dealing with a helpless boy the man now found himself facing a madman.  It seemed that the rumours were true after all.  The third son of the Nam family was crazy. 

Seeing the man struggle to apprehend Woohyun, two of the men joined in the fight.  Woohyun did not care whether it was one person or three people.  All he cared about was Sunggyu.  Other than that, anyone in his way was an enemy.

Woohyun charged at the men without a thought for his own safety.  He fought them recklessly like a mad dog let loose after being restrained for so long.  One of the men took a step back and aimed his gun at Woohyun which proved to be a difficult task as Woohyun did not stand still long enough.  The man took a shot and fired.  The bullet hit Woohyun in the shoulder.  The man smiled seemingly pleased with his success but the smile soon faded when Woohyun turned to look at him in anger.  Despite the bullet in his shoulder, Woohyun charged at the man who had fired the shot.  He grabbed the man and dealt him an onslaught of attacks.  Blood poured out from the bullet wound in his shoulder but it did not seem to faze him at all. 

Another shot rang out from behind him.  It took Woohyun a moment longer to stop and look down at his leg which was bleeding.  He turned around and looked at the person who had fired the shot.  His eyes narrowed at the man who seemed startled by Woohyun's lack of pain despite having suffered two bullet wounds.  Woohyun charged at the man.

"Stop!" a voice called out.

Woohyun cast his eyes in the direction of the voice. 

"One false move from you and we'll put a bullet in his brain," the man with the gun at Sunggyu's head warned as he threatened to pull the trigger.

Woohyun did not care about the guns pointed at him but seeing the gun at Sunggyu's head made him hesitant.  He could not risk Sunggyu's life.  It took a moment for the anger in his eyes to subside as he demeanor changed back to that of the boy he should be.

"Let him go," said Woohyun, trying to contain his anger.

"His life is in your hands," said the man.  "Whether he lives or dies depends on you."

"What do you want?"  Woohyun asked.