Wrapping Confessions

Idol Advent 2020

Kim Woosung (The Rose)

 

“Oh, hello again!”

“Hey!” he greeted with a broad smile, distracting you from why he was visiting. Clarity returned, and you hastily reached for a sheet of wrapping paper.

It wasn’t unusual for patrons over the Christmas season to return to the gift wrapping station as they gathered new presents for their loved ones. However, the handsome stranger had appeared over the last two days at the same time.

“How’s your day been?” he asked a moment later, and you paused at folding the end of the paper inward against the boxed vase he had bought over to be wrapped.

“I guess the highlight has been executing a perfect folding job on an oversized item earlier.”

“I bet that’s why you apply to do a job like this, right? To see how perfect you can wrap an item?”

“It does satisfy the workers in this booth, yeah.”

Sadly you only had one more corner to tape down, and then your gift wrapping services would be done. And with the line forming behind him, you didn’t have much opportunity to continue the small talk.

He seemed disheartened when you handed the present back over. “Well, have a good day, Y/N.”

“How do you--?!” You realised your name badge after the fact and tried to cool down the heat radiating to your cheeks before the next person stepped forward with their presents for wrapping.

 

----

 

Every day around the same time, he would appear at the wrapping booth, holding just one item each time. At first, it infuriated you. If he brought along more, you could actually spend some time conversing. However, you realised you liked that he turned up daily and found yourself awaiting his arrival, smiling immediately when you saw him.

You were even on a first-name basis with him now. “Hey Woosung! What am I wrapping today?”

Placing down a plastic set of bowling pins and balls, he quirked an eyebrow. “Reckon this will be hard to wrap?”

“What do you even need with something like this?” you laughed, ripping off a piece of paper and setting to work.

Woosung was unnaturally quieter today, and you tried to read his expression. When you reached for some tape, he finally spoke.

“Tomorrow is Christmas Day. You won’t be here after that.”

You took off too much tape and jarringly threw it in the bin, reaching for a more suitable amount. “Well, no.”

“I thought I would have asked you by now.”

“Asked me what?”

“I bought random things just to stop by here each day.” You gaped at Woosung and pointed at the package. He chuckled. “Yeah, I have no one to give it to.”

“Then why buy it?!”

“I wanted to see you. And I still want to after Christmas too somehow.”

“I finish in an hour. Reckon you can give me more than the amount of time it takes me to wrap a present in your company then?”