Winter Enchantment

Idol Advent 2020

Choi Yeonjun (TXT)

 

Yeonjun had never seen someone so entranced by the snow as you were now. You had warned him that winter was your favourite season because of the snow, but he had assumed that might be because you participate in winter activities like skiing or sledding.

You did neither, and the longer the white flakes flurried to the ground, the more intriguing you became to him.

He hadn’t dated someone so affected by the weather before, and it made him stop and focus too. The wind blowing everything in its path wasn’t just an annoyance anymore. Witnessing you crouching down to protect a budding flower from the harshness of a gale felt maddening at the time. Why did he long to see your gentleness towards nature again, though? Over the summer, what was it about the sun you liked the most? You would play with reflections often, causing Yeonjun to stare at the prisms of colour bouncing around.  And when autumn arrived, why did the rain fall as it did? Why did its rhythm on the rooftop calm him?

Snow, however, was cold and wet and he didn’t enjoy it much. Yet here you were watching it intently through the windowpane as you drank your hot cocoa. You were mesmerised as he was with you. But what about it garnered your heart?

Cup soon abandoned, you went to the front door.

“It’s cold out, Y/N.”

“I have my coat,” you called back, the sounds of you slipping into it and zipping it up heard.

And then you were gone. To wander. To wonder.

Yeonjun forgot about his drink as he watched you. There was no rhyme or reason to how you frolicked around. Sometimes, you appeared childlike, dashing about as one would in a snowball fight. Then you would grow still, angling your head to the heavens and allowing the snow to land upon your face. You looked so peaceful, so angelic to him.

A desire within him grew. How could he adore someone more than you? It was as if you were sent to his side to remind him to slow down from his crazy lifestyle and breathe. As you stood with arms outstretched at the full mercy of mother nature, Yeonjun hurried to fetch his coat. He stepped outside and fastened his scarf tightly to aid against the chill and then marched over to your side.

You looked at him then, overwhelmed with joy. “Do you love the snow, Yeonjun? It’s beautiful.”

“I wonder if this moment could become greater,” he murmured, glancing at the sky momentarily before kissing you softly. When he pulled back, you stared at him curiously. “You love the snow so much I wondered if you would love kissing in it as well.”

Slinging your arms around his neck, you marvelled his words. “Could I? I think I need another taste to see how magical a moment like this can truly be.”