Christmas Catch-Up

Idol Advent 2020

Jung Daehyun - B.A.P

 

Four years had gone by since you last seen Daehyun. Yet it took less than four minutes for you to be hooked by his eyes and smile once more.

And four hours later, you wound up in his bed, as opposed to leaving the Christmas party alone.

You hadn’t expected any of this. Of course, since time had gone by between you both since you had dated, you didn’t often think of him. You had moved on after the break-up, and didn’t have any lasting regrets.

Or, so you thought.

When you woke from your slumber, the early morning light was only just starting to shift some of the darkness within the room. You looked at Daehyun curiously, wondering if last night was merely a blip on his radar. Sure, you had found yourselves caught under some mistletoe, which led from one thing to the next, but you weren’t one to readily have an intimate night without a reason.

So, what was your reasoning?

Was it because you were having a good time at the party and got caught up in the Christmas spirit as much as you had his hearty laughter? No, you knew when you kissed him for the first time, there was something more there. A yearning took over you, and that’s how you found yourself nestled into his side on the morning of Christmas Eve.

But, what was it that made Daehyun act?

Sighing softly, you examined his face. He hadn’t changed a whole lot, aside from natural maturing from age. He was still incredibly handsome. Your heart hadn’t been able to keep up with how active it was beating whenever you looked at him.

You had broken up for a reason, though. Perhaps, it was just a fleeting connection.

You sighed again.

“If you keep that up, I’ll think you didn’t like last night,” his voice mumbled, his eyes still closed.

“Some habits don’t change.”

“You did sigh back then too when something troubled you.”

“Is this just a moment in time for us?”

Daehyun finally looked at you, his gaze growing alert and more intense. “I don’t want it to be, do you?”

“No. I think we left something open all those years ago.”

“Maybe we didn’t, but the timing now is better than back then. I didn’t despair over these years, I’ve been well. But seeing you last night really did something for me.”

“That ugly Christmas sweater did its job,” you mused, and Daehyun laughed.

“Oh, yes. That was exactly what enticed me.”

“What do you want to do now?” you asked, and Daehyun leaned in closer.

“Catch up some more. Do you have anything planned?”

“It’s Christmas Eve.”

“Can I spend all of it with you?” he wondered, and you smiled.

“Will I end up waking up in your arms for Christmas too?”

“You never know, we might end up bringing in the New Year together too.”