Christmas Charm

Idol Advent 2020

Lee Jungshin (CNBLUE)

 

It wasn’t like you to be running late for anything, most importantly, a client meeting. However, this morning had been the worst. The heating in your apartment building had cut out overnight, lending you a restless sleep as you shivered under your blankets. You then slept through your alarm, and by the time you were half-done with your shower, you realised you had washed your hair with your body wash by accident. You were ready to cancel the entire day, but you had worked on this project for two months now, and you wanted to see it through to fruition.

You were convinced your mood would improve once you had some caffeine in your system. After lining up for your preferred brew of choice, you then dashed for the exit, flinging the door open and misjudged the step entirely.

Thankfully someone was there to catch you before you fell. Unfortunately for them, they also wore half your drink over their woollen coat.

You couldn’t even pretend this was okay. Raising your hands to the heavens, you screeched incoherently for a second before taking a deep breath and sent an apologetic look at the tall man before you. “I’m so sorry. My day has been absolutely horrible, and you’ve collided with my bad luck. Here’s my business card. Please send me details of the dry-cleaning costs.”

Reaching down to collect your bag that surprisingly came away unscathed, you went to step around the man.

He held out your takeout cup. “What about your drink?”

“Honestly, I don’t think the universe wants me to have any simple pleasures in life today,” you remarked, nodding your head in farewell and hurried down the wintry sidewalk to the closest subway station.

You felt more composed by the time you reached the predetermined location for your meeting. Lee Jungshin was the curator of a music school that your company wanted to work alongside for a Christmas concert. Although you had spoken several times over the phone, you had yet to meet in person.

He had arrived before you, and you entered the room, plastering a smile across your lips. “Mr Lee, it’s so nice to--”

“It was you,” he mentioned with a small twitch to his lips as he turned to face you, holding out a takeout coffee cup. Although he was now sans the woollen coat, the man before you was the one you bumped into earlier.

Letting out a groan, you collapsed into the closest chair. “I should have known.”

“Hey, it’s not all that bad. First impressions count for something.”

“Mine was awful, though!”

Jungshin shook his head, despite his smile itching to spread across his lips. “I actually found you rather charming. Especially the part where you screamed at the heavens.”

“Can’t we just erase that from our memories?”

“It depends on how well you can wow me today, Y/N. Let’s see if we can change that bad luck of yours into something more promising too.”