Unwrap Me

Idol Advent 2020

Bang Chan - STRAY KIDS

 

 

“Another one?!” you breathed incredulously, staring at Chan across the room. It seemed as if every time you had seen him this winter that he had a new sweater on. Sure, it was cold outside, and most people were layering up in their woollens. It wasn’t as if he was the only one wearing them. But for you, it was all you could focus on when you were in his company.

Bang Chan was born to wear sweaters, you had decided earlier in the week, and this baby blue oversized number only confirmed the notion. It looked super comfortable and soft, and you wondered how it would feel wrapped around you.

Blinking rapidly, you turned away to cool down the flame of colour to your cheeks.

Your fantasies over your crush only seemed to increase lately. You needed to find a reprieve from them, or at least, stop hanging out at the coffee shop Chan and his friends met in often.

However, you had been frequenting this place a whole lot longer than they had and felt it was your hangout first. This was what you told yourself every time you tried to tell yourself to leave and stop drooling into your peppermint mocha over Chan and his boyfriend sweaters.

You knew deep down that you still came over winter break to this place each day in hopes to see Chan. It was that simple. The sweaters were simply a bonus.

“Y/N?” a familiar voice said, and you blinked out of your internal debate and stared deer-struck up at Jisung. “Why don’t you come and join us instead of sitting here alone.”

“Oh, I couldn’t.”

“Come on!” he encouraged as he picked up your drink and dragged you over to their booth. You had to scoot along the seat so Jisung could fit too and it was at that moment when you realised what happened.

The sweater was incredibly soft against your side. Staring up at Chan looking a little lost, he grinned down at you. “Comfortable, Y/N?”

“Very,” you instantly replied, reaching quickly for your drink to distract yourself. However, your hand shook and the beverage spilled onto Chan’s sweater. Gasping, you looked at your path of destruction.

“Hang on guys, I’ll need to go clean this,” Chan said, gesturing to you to move so he could get out.

You followed him to the restroom and waited until he returned. Seeing you there surprised him, but it wasn’t long until Chan grinned. “You know, if you wanted to get me out of my sweater, there are other ways we could go about it.”

“W-What?” you squeaked as Chan winked at you and slung his arm around your shoulder.

“You know, you could unwrap me anytime. With Christmas coming, maybe I should put a bow on next time.”

“Should I be mortified or hopeful?” you asked, and Chan chuckled.

“It’s up to you if you want to take the bow off or not, Y/N.”