Christmas In Bed

Idol Advent 2020

Yoon Jisung (Wanna One) 

 

 

This was the worst time of year to come down with a cold. You had parties to attend, end of year work to wrap up so you could enjoy your winter break, and just plain old Christmas preparation to get on with.

Except you couldn’t do a thing right now. You were coughing every few moments, and when that gave you somewhat of a reprieve, your nose would start to run again. Your head was thumping, and you could feel every haggard breath you inhaled in.

Man, you felt awful.

Thankfully, your partner Jisung was not sick like you. And he was a saint, taking care of your barely existing self without so much of a complaint. If anything, Jisung was coddling you through it all, ensuring you had ample tissues, water, medicine and comforting hugs with you at all times.

“You’ll beat this cold, Y/N! Don’t worry. You’ll be able to attend the Christmas party on Wednesday without so much as a worry of a sniffle!”

Wednesday came, however, and you were still stuck in bed with a tissue plugging your nostril. Your cough was easing, but the room still was full of spluttering because Jisung had finally caught your bug.

“We’re both miserable and unable to attend tonight’s party,” you lamented, reaching over to feel Jisung’s forehead. Reaching for your own to gauge whether he was hotter or clammier than you, you then sighed. “What do we do now? Christmas is just two days away. What if we spend it here in bed?!”

“At least we’ll have each other,” Jisung offered, popping in a throat lozenge. You were grateful that a sore throat was one symptom you hadn’t suffered from – yet.

“As much as I love you, I don’t want to spend Christmas in bed. We can’t go and be around our family in case they get ill, though.”

“I’m sure we will figure something out, babe. Until there, how about another Christmas movie?”

For the past day, you had both been binging Netflix and Disney Plus’ holiday lists. You had watched all kinds of movies, and to be honest, it was the only thing getting you through – along with the cold and flu medicine.

There were so many to watch, from the old classics to the newly released, you were certain there would be plenty of entertainment if you were stuck in bed on the twenty-fifth. Still, it wasn’t how you expected to spend Christmas day.

And by then, you were feeling much better. Jisung, however, still had the tail end of the illness to battle through but your energy had returned.

“So, what do you plan on doing today after opening presents?” Jisung wondered from within the blankets, and you grinned.

“We didn’t finish that movie last night.”

“I thought you didn’t want to spend Christmas in bed?”

“Well, you were right. At least we’ll have each other to snuggle up to. If you have to spend Christmas in bed, then I’ll join you.”