Confessions In A Christmas Card

Idol Advent 2020

Moon Taeil - NCT

 

It had taken you all year long to scrape together enough courage to confess your feelings for Taeil. Christmas was almost upon you, and you had foolishly told your parents that you were dating. Not only did you need to admit to Taeil that you liked him, but it had to turn out successful also.

It was too much pressure, and you only had yourself to blame.

So, to end all the stuttering and quick change of direction of the topic that was your current attempts thus far, you wrote him a letter. At first, you felt juvenile doing so. You were no longer in high school, and that was the last time you had written a love letter.

Yet, it had worked to your advantage, so you hoped you would be lucky again.

Once you were satisfied with your attempts, you placed it on Taeil’s desk and waited anxiously for a response.

By lunchtime, you had noticed the envelope sat on top of a stack of the month-end files and hadn’t been touched. You took a peek in the afternoon when you returned from a toilet break and found the letter was no longer there.

Nor was the stack of files.

Had Taeil seen it, and placed it with his belongings? Or had he…

Oh no.

You sourced out the stack of files, but it was like a cat and mouse chase. No one could give you a straight answer, and by the time your shift was over, you were exhausted and anxious.

You didn’t know how many eyes had read your letter by now.

Taeil appeared then, looking you over hesitantly. He smiled when you caught his gaze. “Oh, finished for the day, are you, Y/N?”

“Yeah, I am.” You lurched forward, only to rock back on your heels. “Did you, uh, see an envelope on your desk today?”

“An envelope?” he repeated and then shook his head. “Did you?”

“Me? I’ve been busy handing out the sales reports. Are you sure you didn’t find one for you? Addressed to you?”

“Nothing.”

“Oh, great,” you moaned suddenly and then glanced up at the man. “It’s gone.”

“So is what I was hoping you’d find today. I should have just told you.”

“Told me what?”

“That I like you,” he admitted with a chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck. “I stupidly wrote you a confession in a Christmas card.”

“Y-You did?” Blinking rapidly, you stepped closer. “I did too!”

“What?”

“That’s what I’ve been looking for all day. It was on your desk before lunch-”

“Kun came and took the files from my desk at one.”

“And I’ve been trying to chase it ever since!”

“We both tried to confess to the other, but failed.”

“Well, not really. I just told you.”

Taeil grinned. “And I did too. We might not know where the letters have gone, but reckon we could go for dinner tonight?”

“That’s the result I was hoping for all day long.”