The Missing Stocking

Idol Advent 2020

Im Jaebum - GOT7

 

This year, Christmas was something you were really looking forward to. Not that you hadn’t on other years, but this time, it would be your first one spending the festive season with your boyfriend Jaebum. You wanted to learn all about how Christmas was for him, and show him a little of how you enjoyed it too. You had romantic notions of curling up together on the couch and watching movies, fighting over who got the bigger candy cane, cooking and eating and breathing in the same festive air. You wanted every adorable Christmas movie happening to be your world. Everything fluffy, domestic and romantic was on your bucket list for this December.

And for the most part, it had been just that. You sung Christmas songs obnoxiously at one another, decorated the tree, strung up lights around his apartment and baked gingerbread people together. You were steadily checking off the list in your mind of what made Christmas special when you could share it with someone you loved.

Staring at the mantelpiece, however, you counted the stockings hanging there once more. One, two, three, four, five, six… where was the seventh one?

Your one.

“Jaebs.”

“Yeah, babe?”

“Why are there six stockings?”

“Well, one for me, and one each for the cats.”

“Yes, that makes complete sense,” you agreed, nodding along. “But where’s mine?”

“Oh.”

“Mm, oh.”

Darting his focus between you and then the stockings, Jaebum laughed first. “It’s not a big deal.”

“Isn’t it?”

Then he tried explaining. “I’m so used to hanging these out that I didn’t think to hang you one too. Don’t you have one at home?”

Finally, he offered a resolution. “Let’s get you one if you don’t and then we can hang it here together. Look, I’ll even move Nora’s along so we can put yours next to mine, how about that?”

“Is this what it’s truly like to be dating a cat person? Wow, now I know where I stand.”

“Y/N, it’s just a stocking!”

“And I guess its just another time of year, no need to get so caught up in it.”

“Don’t be like this. It was an easy mistake.”

You hadn’t watched enough Christmas movies with cat people in them to know what would happen in this situation.

“I just wanted this Christmas to be like no other.”

“And it is. I’m normally lonely this time of year. But this time, I have you.”

“You got me in my weakness!” you exclaimed, and Jaebum grinned.

“Winning you over with sentimental and loving sentences like they do in all the Christmas movies you watch?”

“You figured me out?”

“How about instead of basing what we do off movies, we enjoy ourselves this Christmas?” Jaebum offered, pulling you into his arms. “Oh, and let’s make sure you have a stocking before we go to bed tonight. I don’t want any spirits of Christmas to come for me in the future about our first Christmas together.”