Mission Mistletoe

Idol Advent 2020

Lee Seokmin - Seventeen

 

“Why are we doing this again?”

You glanced at Seokmin and smiled brightly. “Because you said we should.”

“When do you ever think an idea by me is a good one, though?”

Since it will stop Mingyu from kissing anyone, you thought quietly, your eyes shooting across to the tall man setting up the drinks table. Your attention on him was fleeting, returning to Seokmin’s expectant expression a second later. He clapped his hands together and grinned.

He had no idea for your reasoning for this crazy plan of his.

“Mission Mistletoe, let’s go!”

Normally, you would be the type to think the festive plant was a bit of fun and hope to find yourself under it at least once during a Christmas party, but this year, you were helping out a friend. Mingyu had a nasty break up recently and had expressed how tonight he wanted nothing more than a good time with his friends.

You had seen the likes of Mimi and Josie looking in his direction already, however, hoping to be the woman who healed his broken heart. So when Seokmin had suggested you steal all the mistletoe from the party’s campus location, you had easily agreed, confusing your partner in crime with your readiness.

Normally you refuted his ideas with logical reasons as to why not to do it.

“Should we split up?” you offered, rolling your sleeves up your forearms to prepare for the hard work ahead. Since Soonyoung had figured out what mistletoe actually looked like two years ago at a party, he was renowned for over-decorating with it ever since.

You both would have your work cut out.

Nodding at you, Seokmin pointed to the left, and you took the right side. It took you thirty minutes and several rounds of the house to ensure it was mistletoe-free.

You found Seokmin out in the guest house with his stash, as previously chosen as the meet-up point in the plan. He grinned at you as he dangled his tote bag.

“Well, Mission Mistletoe is accomplished,” Seokmin announced with satisfaction, wiping his hands on his jeans.

“Good, now Mingyu-”

“So there was a reason you followed me around after all!” Seokmin almost shouted with glee as you rolled your eyes. “You were trying to stop others from kissing Mingyu, right?! Don’t tell me you want to pucker up your lips at him!”

You slapped his lips playfully as he immaturely made smooching noises and shook your head. “You know Mingyu is merely my friend.”

“Friends can turn into lovers, Y/N.”

“Even with the most foolish friends they have.”

Not picking up on your comment, Seokmin turned to the two bags and scratched at his head. “What should we do with all of this?”

“Well, we could bin it,” you offered, plucking a sprig from your pocket and holding it above his head. Seokmin blinked before staring at you with surprise. “Or, we could do what’s intended to with mistletoe.”