Trophy

Eclipse (The Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eunbi?" Sojung and Yerin called out, stepping through their best friend's apartment door. The interior was modern yet cozy, with random splashes of black here and there throughout the mostly white home. The apartment was much smaller than Eunbi's old home, but the photographer liked it this way. She felt like she had more privacy and it was small enough to clean by herself without the need to hire maids.

 

Some of Eunbi's favorite portraits decorated her walls along with a few trophies she won for movies she filmed with other directors. Being a photographer had its perks, but working with directors was one of the favorite things she loved doing. Specifically, Eunbi loved learning new things every day that somehow connected with her career.

 

"You guys are early," Eunbi popped her head out from her bathroom door, a toothbrush in . "Yuna's performance isn't until three hours from now."

 

"Is it so bad that we wanted to see our youngest?" Yerin walked towards her best friend, her fingers finding their way to Eunbi's cheeks to squeeze harshly. 

 

"Ow!" Eunbi winced. "I hate it when you do that," she pouted.

 

"How can I not when you're so cute?" Yerin chuckled, walking back towards Sojung who sat in the living room as if it was her own home.

 

"Don't mind Yerin," the tallest murmured, her hands grabbing the thick photobook on Eunbi's coffee table. "She's just excited she's gonna get to see her famous girlfriend."

 

Yerin blushed, looking over Sojung's shoulders as she flipped through Eunbi's photobook. It was a collection of Eunbi's past pictures, dating as far back as her middle school years. "She is not my girlfriend! At least not yet."

 

The more Sojung looked through the pictures, she realized that none of them showed Yewon. Did Eunbi purposely leave her out signaling that she was over her?

 

"I forgot to ask," Sojung handed the book to Yerin to look over. "How was the date with Jinnie?"

 

"You're two months late, unnie." Eunbi rinsed before drying her face. She tapped moisturizer along her cheeks, her hands slowly massaging the lotion into her skin. 

 

"Has it been that long already?" Sojung's eyes widened. "Sorry, I've just been busy. Eunha's going through a few things right now, so... I try my best to be with her as much as I can, but enough about that. Did it work out?"

 

"I was curious about that too." Yerin's tone was soft, her eyes following the developed pictures in the photobook. Eunbi always had an eye for beautiful views even at a young age. "You rejected my other blind date suggestion and you've never done that before."

 

Sojung sat up slowly, a soft chuckle passing her lips. "This is news to me... Eunbi passing up an opportunity for another blind date."

 

Eunbi pressed her lips together as she focused on tying her hair up in a high bun, exhaling, "You guys are acting like I'm in love or something."

 

"Well!" Yerin closed the book, standing to join Eunbi in the bathroom. "Are you?"

 

With her eyebrows furrowing slightly, Sojung crossed her arms, somehow bothered at the fact of Eunbi falling in love so quickly. She confused herself. After all, she was the one who met Jinnie at the clinic and set her up with Eunbi. Was she internally defending Yewon even if she left everyone suddenly? Did she still have a soft spot for her since she made her best friend so happy and healthy?

 

"No," Eunbi laughed, leaning closer to her mirror so she could focus on her makeup as Yerin made herself comfortable on the bathroom counter. "But... We've been meeting up every week since then, sometimes as much as three times a week, so it's definitely something, but I don't think it's love."

 

A quiet sigh of relief escaped Sojung, her hands running through her hair. "Well, I'm glad then if that's the case."

 

"I'm so proud of you!" Yerin squealed. "What makes Jinnie so different? It took you like six dates to find her."

 

"Hm..." Eunbi rubbed her lips as she applied lipgloss along them. "She actually cares about what I have to say and has some sort of knowledge about what I do. I mean, of course they don't need to, but it just makes her more attractive."

 

"Lord," Yerin giggled. "It definitely sounds like you're into her... But I'm glad you're moving on."

 

"Yeah..." Eunbi cleared , trying her best to give her friends a genuine smile. "I'm glad too."

 

 

"Madame?" Yewon's coordinator, Sana, knocked on the door lightly. "Inkigayo is on. Did you still wanna watch it together?"

 

"Oh," Yewon paused her drawing and nodded. "Yeah, thank you for reminding me."

 

Sana smiled and closed the door behind her, walking to sit just beside her boss as she turned the TV on. "I never knew you were a fan of Dual until we started watching their performances last week. Who's your favorite member?"

 

"Ah... Yeah." Yewon chuckled nervously as they watched the screen intently. "I don't really tell anyone my interests, but it's kind of comforting someone I trust has commonalities with me. And Sana, call me Yewon. No need to call me madame."

 

"It feels weird to call you by your first name, but if you insist, Yewon. Is there a reason why? I'm the only one you say that to." Sana chuckled, standing to open her boss's mini fridge to grab both of them a yogurt drink to enjoy while watching. "And you never told me your favorite member."

 

"Nothing too specific. We just started working at the same time, so I saw you more as a friend than a coordinator." Yewon shrugged, thanking the other for the drink. "And my favorite is Yuna. I like Seulgi as well, but I don't know, I think Yuna's loveable."

 

"I know what you mean." Sana tilted her head back to chug down the drink. "But my favorite is Seulgi. I guess we don't have to fight over favorites."

 

Yewon chuckled in amusement, watching Yuna and Seulgi's performance. The two have been promoting for two weeks, and each time they were nominated, they won. Seulg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter