PROLOGUE

Eclipse (The Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're sure you're okay with me staying with you for the meantime?" Eunbi's words were hesitant, holding the backpack full of clothes she managed to gather before workers were sent to clear out her home. Her mother worked fast, but Eunbi worked faster, taking the most important items she could carry, including a polaroid of her and Yewon. "I know I'm your best friend, but I still feel bad... It's not cheap to let someone live with you."

 

Sojung released a breathy chuckle, her thin hands unwrinkling the new comforter she bought specifically for Eunbi. "You shouldn't worry about things like this." The taller's tone was soft and sincere, guiding her best friend to sit on the edge of the bed before pulling a chair over to sit across from her. "And I know if I was in your situation, you wouldn't bat an eye about letting me stay with you, the same with Yerin. We're your friends for a reason, and I'm sure if you wanted to harm us emotionally or physically, you wouldn't be under my roof right now."

 

Eunbi scratched the back of her head, too shy to face Sojung. "I don't know what to say..."

 

"Thank you maybe?" Sojung teased.

 

"Right," Eunbi laughed lightly. "Thank you, Sojung. You have no idea how much I appreciate you doing this for me."

 

"Alright, that's enough emotions for tonight. Get some rest." Sojung stood after handing Eunbi a glass of water.

 

 

"Yewon!"

 

"Mom!"

 

Yewon was engulfed in a tight hug from her mother who ran from the kitchen to greet her. The news of her coming to Japan made her parents happy. Having your child living in another country alone was worrisome for any parent, but they were glad she was safe. 

 

Her dad hurried from his room, practically carrying his daughter in a firm embrace, twirling her around. "My youngest is here! God, we've missed you so much. You've really grown. How long has it been since we've seen you in person?"

 

"About four years," Yewon smiled sadly as she landed flat on her feet. "I really missed you guys..."

 

"Trust me, we did too." Her mom gave her another hug, her hand rubbing her back. "How long will you be staying?"

 

"Forever," Seohyun interrupted as she stepped through her doors. Pushing her sunglasses to rest above her head, she smiled towards their parents who stood in shock. "Yewon will be taking over my company. You should see the dresses she creates. They're mind-blowing."

 

"You... You're gonna stay here forever?" Their dad's question echoed through the living room. "I'm so happy. You're not going to go back?"

 

"I don't really have a reason to go back," Yewon exhaled. "So, I'll be living with all of you until I'm ready to have a place of my own, but at least we'll be in the same country this time."

 

Taking a step forward, Mrs. Kim pushed Yewon's hair away from her forehead to give her a soft kiss. "No matter where you are, we still want the best for you, even if it means being away from us. You know that, right?"

 

"That's funny..." Seohyun shrugged her jacket off of her shoulders, reaching down with one arm to unstrap her heels. "Then that means you should also want the best for Hayi, correct? She's your child too and you know she'd love to know you're supporting her."

 

"Seohyun, not now." Mr. Kim glared at his eldest. "Hayi's situation is different. She rebelled and left us."

 

"She only rebelled because you two forced her to do something she didn't want to do in the first place."

 

"Enough," Mrs. Kim interrupted their argument, her eyes closing in annoyance. "We're here to celebrate Yewon's arrival. We can talk about Hayi some other time. For now, you two unpack. Dinner should be ready in half an hour."

 

Their soft steps up to the second floor were quiet. Yewon knew talking about her other older sister would cause chaos, but the subject needed to be brought up. It was unfair to Hayi that her parents still refused to talk to her even though she was successful with her band.

 

"It's a good thing you're here." Seohyun snapped Yewon out of her thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter