Jinxed

Eclipse (The Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I just need to give this to her."

 

"I'm sorry ma'am, but this is private property. If you don't have an appointment and aren't on the list, you won't be able to come inside," the guard explained, his body blocking the entrance. His tinted sunglasses hid his eyes, but his clenched jaw was enough to intimidate anyone who tried to trespass.

 

But not Eunbi.

 

"It's nothing bad," the photographer frowned. "I'm no stranger. Call your boss and say Hwang Eunbi is here to see her."

 

"Don't be stubborn," the guard hissed. "We're not afraid to use physical force if we have to and  your name isn't on here, so go on with your day."

 

Eunbi sighed in frustration as she opened the plastic bag she was holding. "It's just food!" She yelled. "You're really going to stop me from going inside just because of food?!"

 

"It's company policy." The guard held his bluetooth earpiece just in case he needed to call anyone else. He didn't want to look bad having to push a woman away.

 

", fine," Eunbi growled in defeat, handing the bag to him. "If I can't take it, then give it to her yourself."

 

Both whipped their heads to a side once they saw a familiar figure walking through the back entrance. 

 

"Yewon!"

 

The CEO quickly turned her head, her guards stopping with her to make sure no one could spot her just in case anyone decided to take a picture.

 

"Eunbi..?"

 

Eunbi quickly snatched the bag from the security guard and jogged towards the latter who held her hand up so that her team could ease down. She didn't want them to think Eunbi was some sort of threat.

 

"Hey," Eunbi exhaled. "It's so hard trying to get in your building, but luckily I spotted you. I got you a little something."

 

Yewon's hand held the bag of food, her fingers wrapping around the handle of the material. "You didn't need to get me anything," she explained. "What is it?"

 

"Uhm... Tteokbokki and kimbap." Eunbi rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "You know that stand we always used to go to? They were moving locations to a market much further away from the city so I couldn't visit anymore, but the lady was kind enough to give me the recipes. And I was craving Korean food, so I decided to make some, and I thought of you."

 

Yewon's eyes widened slightly. She was trying so hard not to blush. "Like old times, huh?" She cleared . "Thank you. Follow me upstairs? I might as well show you around since you're already here."

 

Eunbi had to bite the inside of her cheek to hide the excitement she was feeling. Never did she imagine seeing Yewon's company building or hanging out with her in general.

 

Stepping in the polished silver elevators, Yewon and Eunbi were surrounded by all of her guards who kept them secured in the middle.

 

Their arms were pressed against one another from the limited amount of space they had, but both refused to make eye contact, especially the CEO.

 

Reaching the middle floors of the tall building, Yewon lead Eunbi inside of her massive office. Eunbi whistled loudly in amazement. Even her old office wasn't half the size of Yewon's.

 

"Make yourself comfortable," Yewon suggested, moving her mouse vigorously to wake her computer. 

 

Eunbi walked around, her eyes admiring the trophies that were plastered on the younger's display. There were too many to count. Her gaze went back to other parts of the room, mainly focusing on the large family portrait she had behind her desk.

 

"Is that a recent photo?" Eunbi pointed at the framed portrait. "It seems like it is."

 

"That?" Yewon turned her head for a moment. "Yeah, we took the photo last week. I refused to be in the photo unless we were all present, so my parents and Hayi got along for about an hour for my sake. I guess there are benefits to being the youngest sometimes. They can never say no to me."

 

"Right," Eunbi nodded, pulling her chair closer to Yewon's desk so they were sitting across from each other as the younger unwrapped the food. "I forgot there was conflict between your family. Are they still fighting..?"

 

"It's calmer than before," Yewon admitted, grabbing rice cakes with her chopsticks to eat. She grasped her utensils tightly at the overwhelming nostalgic taste. It was exactly the same way she remembered it. "This is delicious by the way. You replicated it perfectly."

 

Eunbi had a growing smile on her face. Seeing Yewon enjoy herself was something she always loved seeing, especially considering how busy she was. Now more thoughts were running through her mind. Who was taking care of Yewon on days she felt like giving up? She had Yewon to take care of her in the past, but was Yewon okay alone?

 

"Eat some," Yewon frowned, pushing the container closer to the photographer. 

 

"I'm okay," Eunbi shook her head. "I ate before I got here. And it's nice seeing you eat a lot." Her next words came out soft and quiet. "It kind of seems like you don't eat much..."

 

Yewon pressed her red-stained lips together, taking in the way the spice practically numbed her tongue. "I mean," the CEO cleared while shrugging. "I just don't have time to eat anymore. I'll eat one meal a day and I think that's enough."

 

Eunbi's smile suddenly tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter