Sister’s Keeper

Eclipse (The Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER! HAPPY READING!

 

“Oh the dress looks breathtaking…”

 

Chaerin had stopped by to take a look at her dress for the award show just one last time. Her flight was leaving the next day and they both made the decision that it was best she carried it with her instead. Who knew what could’ve possibly happened if they shipped it without supervision? Yewon spent too long perfecting the dress to let it get damaged or lost so easily. 

 

“So you do like it?” The younger asked, watching Chaerin hang the dress over her body to compare. “I added a belt to show off your curves.”

 

“You know me so well,” the songwriter exclaimed, placing the dress back in its plastic container. “Wish me luck.”

 

Yewon sat back down on her chair, her chin on her palm. “You don’t need luck, but I’m constantly wishing you the best. There’s nothing to be worried about. You’re there to receive an award, not compete.”

 

Chaerin pulled a chair closer to face Yewon, pushing her sunglasses up so they’d rest on top of her head. She was always called weird for wearing sunglasses inside, but it was her way to hide her face when she didn’t want to bother putting on makeup. “Sometimes I feel like you’re the older one. My baby’s so mature.”

 

The CEO couldn’t help but roll her eyes. “Oh, whatever…”

 

Chaerin kept a good eye on Yewon. Knowing her since she was in diapers, she was easier to read than an open book. “I’m leaving for a month,” she whispered. “Is there anything you want to talk to me about one last time..?”

 

Yewon knew this was coming. If only she could control her facial expressions well enough to hide it from her sisters and Chae, but no matter how much she tries, they just… know. “Do you remember my ex I talked to you about?”

 

Chaerin nodded to signal she was listening. 

 

“Well…” Yewon continued, scratching the back of her neck. “She asked to go out with me, and I may have said yes…”

 

The songwriter didn’t react. She didn’t want to stress the younger one anymore, but she was kind of relieved. Yewon was able to make her own decision without anyone pressuring her. “That sounds great, but you’re making it sound like you regret it.”

 

Yewon shook her head. “I don’t,” she disagreed. “I really don’t. I just. I don’t know. I’m nervous, I guess? I’m going out with someone I have feelings for and she knows I have feelings for her. It’s not a normal date.”

 

Chaerin watched the younger blabber her heart away, but mentally took note of the important bits of her statement. “No date will be normal if it’s with your ex. If you don’t have regrets, then go. You’ll have fun.”

 

“But… What about unnie?”

 

“Huh?” Chaerin tilted her head. “What about Seo?”

 

“I don’t think she’d approve,” Yewon laughed, her heart beating quickly from how terrified she was of her sister’s reaction. God knows how she’d react. “Knowing her, she’d never understand. Besides, it’s not like she’s ever had any experience in dating, especially with women!”

 

The agency owner sat back in her seat, her eyes locked with Yewon. Today may have been the day she breaks her promise. Yewon, on the other hand, noticed the change in Chae’s demeanor. Did she say something wrong?

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

“Yewon,” Chaerin chuckled, her head shaking. “You really don’t know your sister.”

 

Yewon was missing something. “What do you mean? Now that I think about it, I don’t really know her because she doesn’t open up… She just does her duties. That’s all.”

 

Chaerin looked around as if to make sure nobody was listening to them, scooting herself even closer so their proximity lessened. “Promise not to tell anyone this, okay?”

 

“Okay,” Yewon nodded. “I promise.”

 

“Your older sister was with a woman for a very long time,” Chaerin confessed, her teeth gliding over her lower lip. “They met in high school, they were inseparable, and I third wheeled countless of times.”

 

Yewon sat there in shock. Was this how her sister felt when she first told her about Eunbi?

 

“Do you remember the times she said she was coming to my house to study? She was really with her girlfriend.” Chaerin smiled at the memories that flashed in her mind, her manicured nails dancing in her hair. “I seriously thought they were going to get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter