A Gift from Hawaii

Eclipse (The Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You look tired."

 

Yewon kept her gaze outside, several street signs passing her by. Seohyun was behind the wheel. She took it upon herself to pick up her little sister from the airport since she wanted to know how the event went. After all, this was Yewon's first day off after two years of purely working.

 

"Do I?" Yewon sighed, her eyes still locked outside. Ever since leaving Seoul, all she could do was think about what happened between her and Eunbi. She didn't realize how much she missed her until she finally saw her in person, and maybe the reason why she couldn't stop overworking is so that she could take her mind off of the past, but even that became an unhealthy way of coping. 

 

"Just a little," Seohyun hummed. "Still pretty, but tired." Her older sister loved to mostly because she wanted to hear Yewon laugh, but all she got in response was a quick smile. "Was the concert draining or..?"

 

"No," Yewon shook her head, taking it upon herself to sit up straight and look at her sister. She was taught at a young age that facing the person you were talking to meant good manners. Just because Seohyun was family didn't change that fact and didn't want her to feel as if she was being shrugged off. "I had so much fun. I wish you went with me since I know how much you love concerts."

 

Seohyun the wheel with her thumbs, her eyes glancing at her rearview mirror to make sure the car behind her wasn't too close. "It's enough for me knowing that you were thinking of me even if you were having fun. Besides, I can watch some clips online."

 

"Yeah, but it's not the same." Yewon pouted, pushing her door open once they arrived at her home. Her daytime helper rushed out of the door to give Yewon a quick hug before grabbing her items to take inside.

 

"Well, if you're tired, you should get some rest, but we got you a little something in the kitchen if you want to see it first."

 

"Hm?" The CEO's eyebrows knitted together in confusion, dragging herself inside of her house. "You got me a gift?"

 

"Sure," Seohyun laughed.

 

Yewon shrugged off her blazer to hang it beside her door, following the hallway that lead to her massive kitchen. With a loud gasp that bounced around the marbled floors, the youngest picked up her pace and ran as fast as she could to her second older sister; Hayi.

 

"There you are!" Hayi caught Yewon in her arms as she spun her around in a tight embrace, a chuckle passing her lips in amusement as they held each other for a while. Yewon's face was buried deep in her sister's neck, choking back on her tears. "Hey, stop that. You know how much I hate seeing you cry no matter the reason."

 

"I'm sorry," Yewon sniffled, using her fingers to wipe away the tears that streamed down her cheeks. "I just can't believe you're actually here. I missed you so much."

 

"I missed you too, silly." Hayi ruffled her little sister's hair as Seohyun walked past them with a smile to prepare a quick lunch. "Unnie texted me and said you'd be gone overnight so I thought it was the perfect time to surprise you. Nice place by the way. You've done well for yourself."

 

"I couldn't have done it without either of you guys, so..." Yewon laughed, glancing at the table that was full of gifts and souvenirs from America. "You got my favorite chocolate from Hawaii?"

 

"Mhm." Hayi responded, allowing the youngest to dig through her piles of souvenirs. "Unnie, bring the shirts and sweaters to mom and dad when you go home, okay?"

 

"Huh?" Seohyun turned around once she finished cooking the tomato pasta. "You're not going to say hi to them? It's been eight years since you've seen them."

 

"And have them pretend like I don't even exist even though I'm standing in front of them? I would rather just stay with Yewon." Hayi rolled her eyes, looking down at her chipped black nails. ", I need to get my nails done before filming."

 

"Filming?" Yewon stuffed a chocolate covered macadamia in to eat. "You're here to film?"

 

"Yes!" Hayi clapped her hands from excitement, startling Seohyun who almost dropped her wooden spoon. "My creative director is allowing me to pick a location, so I chose Japan to see you both. Kill two birds with one stone, right?"

 

"That's great. Where are you planning to film?" Seohyun asked, grabbing four plates so that the helper can also eat. 

 

"Well, the song is called No Way. It's a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter