Baby Steps & Deep Breaths

Eclipse (The Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm so honored that you chose me to be your designer, unnie. I know I offered but I still expected you to find someone from America or even France, but the fact that you chose me makes me happy."

 

Yewon was visibly happy as she tailored the tight fitting dress onto Chaerin's figure. Chaerin was a woman who enjoyed breaking stereotypes, refusing to be placed under a certain category. She was proud to uplift Asian women and reassure them that they too can make it if she could. It's probably why Yewon respected the older so much. Ever since she was little, Yewon looked up to Chaerin along with Seohyun. They were such strong figures in her life that it wasn't a surprise that Yewon had a strong backbone when it came to standing up for herself or others.

 

"Are you kidding?" Chaerin exclaimed. "I should be the one thanking you for squeezing me into your schedule so last minute."

 

"I don't know what you mean. I'll prioritize you over other customers any day," Yewon chuckled, keeping a pin between her lips.

 

They both agreed that black would suit Chaerin best with a fabric that was as smooth as silk and as shiny as velvet. After all, Chaerin was there to recieve an award - she might as well be the best dressed too.

 

"I'm serious," Chaerin hummed, lifting the skirt of the dress so Yewon could fix the most tedious areas. "Celebrities from all over the continent come to you and still have to be put on a waiting list, but I cut right in front of them, didn't I?"

 

Yewon rolled her eyes, flattening the skirt against the older's legs to check if it was the length she wanted. "Like I said, I'll always put you first. I couldn't ever thank you for everything you've done for me. Like the times my older sisters couldn't pick me up from school so you picked me up, or you stopped those mean bullies from ever messing with me again. And being the reason I always strive to be independent."

 

Chaerin stepped off of the circular platform so that she could slide out of the dress. It was hung perfectly still so Yewon could finalize the dress before shipping it to Los Angeles.

 

"It warms my heart to hear that," the older muttered, putting her regular clothes back on. "But since you find comfort in me, would you like to tell me what's wrong?"

 

Yewon stood still in her spot, trying her best not to prick her fingertips as she rearranged her pins by color. Of course her older sister would spill her worries to her best friend.

 

"Unnie's worried again?"

 

"It's the only thing she knows how to do," Chaerin laughed, plopping onto one of the cushioned couches to relax, comfortingly patting the seat beside her. "You know how Seohyun is. If you stop texting her a certain way she thinks you hate her."

 

"Mm..." Yewon exhaled, sitting down. "What did she say that made you want to talk to me?"

 

"I don't know," Chaerin tapped her chin. "You bailed on us that one morning where you were supposed to show me some dress designs and I also thought it was odd because you're always so happy to see me," she teased. "But then Seohyun said you weren't feeling well so that just confirmed it. Now will you tell me what's wrong?"

 

Yewon laughed, sneaking her hand behind her neck to rub. "It's more than one thing. My sisters haven't told me, but they recently got into an argument. They try to hide it for my sake, but when we eat dinner together, the tension is so thick I could grab it with two hands." The younger soon fiddled her thumbs together, contemplating whether or not to say what she had in mind next.

 

"Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter