Swipe

Eclipse (The Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm home," Yuna called out after kicking her shoes off. She rolled her head slowly to relax the kinks in her neck. Her eyebrows furrowed at the sound of laughter and conversation coming from the kitchen. Seulgi must've had a guest over, so soon she turned her way to head to her room instead.

 

"Oh, Yuna~!" Seulgi slurred, stopping the singer from going any further. "I didn't hear you. I'm glad you're home! Come join us!" She stood from her chair to grab her hand, dragging her to the kitchen so she had no choice but to sit.

 

Eunha was there, sitting with a grin. "Surprise?"

 

"What are you doing here?" The singer chuckled in delight, hugging her best friend. "You're such a mouse - sneaky and quiet."

 

"I wanted to see you, but Seulgi told me where you were so I just waited here with her."

 

Seulgi slid a bottle of beer towards her bandmate, letting her sit between them. "Eunha and I were just having fun, drinking beer, and eating chicken."

 

"Mm-mm, don't try to hide the most fun part," Eunha teased. "Go on, tell her."

 

Yuna turned her head to face Seulgi. "What?" She blinked. "Tell me. You know I hate being curious."

 

"Uhm..." Seulgi let out a sheepish, drunken laugh. They weren't sure if her cheeks were burning from embarrassment or from the amount of alcohol she consumed. "I downloaded Tinder."

 

"Huh?" Yuna gasped, her hand grasping her beer a little tighter. "How? People would recognize you from your photos."

 

"Nope," Seulgi shook her head, using her hand to make a drastic hand movement as if to emphasize her words. "I don't have my photos of my face up, just simple things like my nails, a peace sign of my fingers, my purse. Enough to let people know I'm real, I'm bored, and I'm ready."

 

"Hm," Yuna murmured, taking a sip of her drink a little afterward. "I never thought of that... Are you enjoying it so far?"

 

"Oh yeah," Eunha nodded to talk for Seulgi who was almost passed out on her chair. She could never figure out how much alcohol was too much. "We've been sitting here for about half an hour swiping left and right on men and women- mostly women."

 

"As expected," Yuna giggled. "I'm kind of curious to see how it works since I've never had one. Can I see?"

 

"Knock yourself out!" Seulgi exclaimed in a loud tone, shoving her phone in Yuna's face, almost literally knocking her out. "It's so addicting. I should stop."

 

Yuna backed herself up a bit to avoid getting hit before taking the phone in her own hands. "So you just..." She looked down, sliding her finger to the left to watch the rectangular profile disappear. "This is like a card game."

 

"Keep going," Seulgi peeked, her eyelids heavy. "Let's see how many matches I get."

 

"Okay," Eunha stood, grabbing Seulgi's arm to drape it over her shoulders. "That's enough drinking for tonight. Let's get you to your room."

 

"No~" Seulgi struggled to even keep her head up as Eunha limped upstairs to get her to sleep.

 

Yuna stayed quiet, continiously swiping left or right with Seulgi's type in mind. Her eyes were glued to the screen. They were right. The swiping was addicting and reading the bios were entertaining.

 

As minutes passed, Yuna was starting to get tired herself. One more she thought to herself. As promised, she swiped left, halting when she suddenly saw Yerin's photo on screen.

 

Yerin. No, it couldn't be. Could it?

 

The singer swore she could grab her heart out of her chest at any moment and throw it out the window. The pain she was feeling was unimaginable. How could Yerin already be on a dating app? They only broke up a few months ago. She was already moving on?

 

"Alright, she's tucked in bed and asleep. Boy was that hard though." Eunha exhaled as she descended down the stairs, spotting her best friend still and eerily quiet. "Yuna? Are you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost."

 

 

"I still don't understand why we needed to be in Japan to work on these projects," Dahyun grumbled, her arms folded firmly across her chest. "These projects are based back home, so you have some explaining to do."

 

Eunbi was seated across her assistant director, her thoughts completely blank. She couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Yewon was really going on a blind date. 

 

"Hello?" Dahyun snapped her fingers. "Are you listening to me?"

 

"Huh?" Eunbi blinked, scoffing. "Yes, I am, and the reason why we're here is so that we can expand our horizons. Why limit ourselves to our home when we can try to appeal to our neighboring country?"

 

"Okay, but..." Dahyun trailed off. "It's expensive flying me back and forth when we could just be working through video calls."

 

"And what if the internet goes out?"

 

"I can go to a cafe."

 

"And what if the camera breaks?"

 

"I can borrow someone else's laptop."

 

"Ugh," Eunbi groaned in defeat, raising her hands to stop Dahyun from bringing up another solution. "Just trust me on this, okay? Plus, it's not like you're paying for your ticket! I am."

 

"I know, but it gets exhausting flying so much." Dahyun stood as she spoke, unpacking the rest of her equipment to place neatly across Eunbi's (temporary) home. "I am a little hungry though."

 

Eunbi sat up, as if a massive light bulb suddenly appeared just above her head. "Hungry?"

 

"Yeah. I'll eat anything. Do you have ramen?"

 

Without missing a beat, Eunbi grabbed her car keys with a grin, whipping her head back to look at her assistant. "Let's go."

 

"We're gonna get ramen?" Dahyun skipped to the door with excitement, hopping into her shoes.

 

"Mm-mm," the director shook her head with a sly smile. "Something even better."

 

 

Eunha looked over her best friend's shoulder, ultimately finding the reason why the singer was so quiet. She was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter