By Blood

Eclipse (The Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yewon’s eyebrows furrowed at the sound of her phone ringing. Today was her day off and she usually left her phone on do not disturb when she knew she had nothing to do the next day.

 

 

“Ugh..” She groaned, lazily grabbing her phone, her eyes barely open. The missed call notification her screen showed was of her sister’s; Hayi specifically. “Yes, unnie?” Yewon sleepily murmured after Hayi picked up. 

 

 

“Did I wake you?” Hayi spoke loud enough for Yewon to hear her through the blaring music playing through her apartment. “Hold on, let me turn it down.”

 

 

Yewon sat up, a soft ray of sunshine peeking through her gray curtains. She tapped her phone to place her sister on speaker, her hands soon putting her hair in a loose ponytail. “Did you need something?”

 

 

“Wow,” Hayi chuckled after hearing her sister’s voice. “I can’t call my baby sister just because?”

 

 

Sighing, Yewon pulled her blankets off of her lap, bringing her phone to the bathroom in order to wash up while talking to her sister. “You can... I’m just surprised, I guess. You don’t really call me.”

 

 

Hayi shuffled through her CD collection, trying to find the next band to play. “Are you still mad at me because I didn’t visit like I said?”

 

 

Yewon frowned. “Isn’t it obvious?”

 

 

“I’m sorry,” the older laughed, finding her sister’s anger adorable. “My producer had a time crunch and I had to stay to record my album. I’m almost done with it so I should be able to visit you soon.”

 

 

“You say that all the time.” The youngest rolled her eyes, stuffing her toothbrush in . 

 

 

“I promise this time,” Hayi hummed, finally picking a CD to play. “And you know I don’t break promises, so stop sulking. Now tell me how you’ve been? No one’s messing with you, right?”

 

 

Glancing down at her phone, the CEO wiped her lips with the back of her hand. She couldn’t imagine what her older sister would’ve done if she knew what happened between her and her ex’s mother. Sure Seohyun slapped the evil out of that woman, but Hayi would’ve left stitches.  

 

 

“Yewon.” Hayi’s eyebrows wrinkled at her sister’s long pause. “No one’s messing with you, right?”

 

 

“Yeah,” Yewon cleared . “No one really has time to mess with me. I’m too busy to socialize.”

 

 

“Well... That’s not a good thing either,” Hayi continued. “You need to go out and— , my manager’s calling me. I’ll talk to you soon. Love you.”

 

 

“I love y-“ Yewon sealed her lips again once Hayi hung up without waiting for her to finish. 

 

 

“Yewon?”

 

 

Exhaling even louder, Yewon rolled her neck at the sound of Seohyun’s voice downstairs calling her. Was it National Sisters Day? 

 

 

“Unnie,” Yewon called out as well before jogging to the first floor, Seohyun waiting in the living room, fully dressed in warm clothes. “I know I gave you a key, but you still need to tell me when you’re coming over. What if I was walking around ?”

 

 

“That’s fine, there’s nothing I haven’t seen before.” Seohyun shrugged, standing to pinch her sister’s cheek. “Go back upstairs and get dressed. We’re going to have brunch with mom and dad downtown.”

 

 

“I can’t,” Yewon shook her head. “I have some projects I need to revise that are expected to be ready on Monday.”

 

 

“Yewon,” Seohyun frowned. “I’m sure you have two hours to spare for your family, now go on and get changed.”

 

 

“I really can’t,” Yewon pulled back. “You should understand how busy my job can get.”

 

 

“Yeah, I do, that’s why I’m saying you should have time for your family.” The older folded her arms across her chest, her temper getting shorter and shorter. “You don’t even spend time with us anymore, only on birthdays. It’s like you didn’t even move out of Seoul.”

 

 

Shaking her head, Yewon walked away as her sister followed. She started her coffee maker, grabbing her almond milk creamer from her fridge. “Our business has expanded, meaning I’m going to be busier than you ever were, so please believe me when I say I don’t have time. I don’t do this on purpose.”

 

 

“This isn’t healthy, you know,” Seohyun responded, her arms still folded. “Ever since you started a few years back, you stopped doing the things you loved, stopped making friends, and practically stopped going out. Do you not see how abnormal that is?”

 

 

“Well I’m fine, aren’t I?” Yewon held her mug, stirring the beverage with a small spoon to cool down. “It’s not that I don’t like spending time with you guys, I just don’t have the time. Please understand...”

 

 

“I’m trying so hard to, Yewon, but I can’t. Have you even tried dating?”

 

 

Yewon paused, growing silent before taking her first sip of her coffee. “I don’t have interest in dating anyone as of right now.”

 

 

Seohyun placed her purse and keys down on the kitchen counter, walking over to the younger to squeeze her forearm. “You need to take a break...”

 

 

“I did,” Yewon glanced up. “I slept in this morning. That’s my break.”

 

 

Seohyun couldn’t believe what she was hearing as she slowly pulled back from her sister. “You used to be the one to call me at random times and remind me not to overwork. I always took your word for it and I was still successful with what I did. Why can’t you do the same?”

 

 

Without another spare glance, Seohyun grabbed her items and walked out of Yewon’s home, slamming the door behind her. She was angry — she had every right to be. Yewon was a smart woman, yet she was blinded at the fact that she was killing herself by tirelessly working on the same things over and over again. 

 

 

She slid into her car, locking every door with one touch before resting her forehead aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter