Home Sweet Home

Eclipse (The Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi lifted her feet so she could chase after Yewon, but she was stopped as Seohyun held her arm out. The director looked up at her in slight confusion, feeling the older's arm drape over her shoulders as she was turned away from the direction Yewon left.

 

Seohyun had her free hand in her pant pocket, her gaze straight forward while keeping her arm over the shorter's shoulders. "Don't go after her," she muttered, her palm squeezing Eunbi's shoulder. "She's probably overwhelmed with emotions right now and needs some time alone. Someone's waiting for you either way." She gestured towards Jinnie who was standing with her purse and jacket.

 

The older gave the director one last pat on her upper back before making her way towards Hayi, who on the other hand had no idea that Yewon stormed off. She was too busy thanking all of her staff members.

 

"So what'd you think?" Hayi glanced at her older sister, gradually sliding on her jacket.

 

"I must admit, the scene's going to look beautiful." Seohyun stuffed her hands in the pockets of her slacks to keep them warm before nodding towards the second exit. "Someone left though."

 

"Yewon?" Hayi frowned. "Where would she go? We have one more dinner party."

 

"Probably tired," the oldest lied, fishing out her keys from her pocket. "Let's go. Eunbi? Are you riding with us?"

 

Eunbi glanced at Seohyun, her head shaking. Truth be told, Eunbi was so unaware of her surroundings that she could barely hear anything anyone was trying to tell her. Her thoughts only drifted towards wondering if Yewon was okay and safe. "No," she finally responded. "I'll take the van with the others."

 

Jinnie held a firm grasp on Eunbi's arm, catching her gaze. "Are you okay..? You seem stressed out."

 

Eunbi had to fake a smile for Jinnie's sake, patting her hand to reassure her. "I'm okay, thank you. Let's head to the restaurant and then sleep. I'm really tired."

 

"Sounds good," Jinnie smiled, hooking her arm with the other's. She stole glances now and then to make sure Eunbi was doing okay, but she couldn't tell. She had to admit that the way they danced together made her jealous, but she knew better than to jump to conclusions. Like Yewon told her earlier on in the day, they were through and Eunbi would be going home with her instead.

 

That was enough to satisfy her worries.

 

 

 

"That was such a good dinner, thank you." Sojung gave Seohyun and Hayi a firm hug. "I'm glad we got to catch the last recording."

 

"Of course," Hayi chuckled, rubbing Sojung's back as she tightened her jacket around her body. "Where are you guys staying?"

 

Eunha fixed her purse over her shoulders, sighing. "We wanted to stay with Yewon, but right now might not be the best time, so we got a room in the same hotel Eunbi's staying at. It'll be more convenient so we can just ride the same van."

 

"Good, you guys stay safe." Seohyun waved, guiding Hayi with her so they could step inside of the oldest's vehicle.

 

Hayi's eyes were getting heavier, but she forced herself awake. Sleeping in cars made her nauseous, especially after having a meal as big as the one she just ate. Lifting her gaze, Hayi took a long stare at Seohyun's side view. She loved her sister, but she felt like it was a little difficult to get closer to her compared to the youngest. Maybe it was because she had guard up all the time? 

 

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Seohyun laughed. "What's on your mind?"

 

Hayi sighed, tilting her head back against the head-rest of her seat. She was hesitating, but this was the first time she's had proper alone time with her sister (at least sober).

 

"Go on," Seohyun whispered. "I know you want to tell me something."

 

Hayi played with her fingers before looking out of the window to distract herself. "Are you proud of me?"

 

Seohyun's eyebrows wrinkled in shock and confusion. She wasn't sure if Hayi was messing around or not, but by the seriousness of her features, she assumed she wasn't joking. "Of course I'm proud of you, why would you even ask that?" Her grip around her wheel tightened. "Do I not show it enough..?"

 

"I don't know," the singer shrugged. "I guess I just like reassurance since no one really tells me."

 

Seohyun's gaze saddened. Hayi wasn't lying. She didn't say it enough. "I'm sorry," she whispered. "But I hope you know even if I don't say it much, I'm extremely proud of you." Pressing on her break once reaching a red light, she turned her head to focus on Hayi. Slowly, she took her hand and she squeezed it. "Do you know how much I brag about you to my friends? Even in the beginning before you were well known, I'd talk about you all the time. Even Chaerin brags about you too."

 

Hayi laughed mostly to herself, giving Seohyun's hand a squeeze as well. "Thank you... It just feels nice hearing it from you because you practically raised me." Looking at their surroundings, Hayi's eyebrows rose in surprise. "This isn't the way to Yewon's house."

 

Seohyun made a slow turn towards her neighborhood, her shoulders lifting into a shrug. "I'm very much aware of that. You'll be staying with me for the night. And don't worry, mom and dad are out cold so you don't have to argue with them."

 

Silence erupted between them. Hayi was sulking, her arms loosely folded across her chest, but Seohyun was in deep thought. Pulling her car in their gated home, Seohyun parked the car before looking at Hayi. The younger's expression turned curious.

 

"I actually have a question," Hayi reached up to turn on the car light so she could have a proper conversation with her sister. "Why did Eunbi and Yewon break up?"

 

Seohyun felt her breath stop at , having to cough from how sudden Hayi's words were. "What are you talking about?"

 

The younger blinked. "Eunbi and Yewon's past. Why aren't they together anymore?"

 

"How..." Seohyun scratched the back of her head. "Who told you about their past?"

 

"Oh," Hayi hummed, now understanding why her older sister was acting odd. "No one told me."

 

Seohyun unbuckled her seatbelt to be more comfortable, her hands resting on her lap. She wasn't sure what to tell Yewon since she did promise she wouldn't tell Hayi, but technically, she never broke her promise. "You knew this whole time?"

 

The singer scoffed, pulling down the car's sun visor to look at herself in the well lit mirror. "With the way they looked at each other? How could anyone miss it?" She sighed, using her index finger and thumb to peel off her fake eyelashes, keeping them in her left palm. "They're in love."

 

Sinking in her seat, Seohyun massaged her temples to stop her growing headache. It'd been bothering her ever since this morning and this whole revelation was just causing it to get worse. "To make it short, Eunbi's mom had a problem with them dating and was the cause of their breakup. She fooled Eunbi into thinking that Yewon was unfaithful, she believed her mom, so of course our baby sister didn't stay after all of that." She bit her lower lip, sinking even deeper into her seat. "She went through all of that alone, Hayi. I can't believe she told none of us."

 

"How come she told you and not me?" The singer grabbed a makeup wipe from her bag to cleanse off her face as they talked.  "And did you do anything about her mom?"

 

"Of course I did," the oldest laughed. "They lost

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter