No Way

Eclipse (The Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: I recommend playing Lee Hi's No Way on repeat in the background until you have finished the chapter! 

 

"How do you know Kim?" Jinnie followed Eunbi inside of the building as the photographer took her bag to set down in her personal room. Eunbi was able to acquire a small room to put all her equipment in and luckily enough, it had a small couch and a couple of chairs to use.

 

"Kim?" Eunbi furrowed her eyebrows. "Who's that?"

 

Jinnie blinked in confusion as she took a seat right next to Eunbi, casually wiping off her sweat on her forehead with a napkin. "Kim, you know, the one who was hugging Eunha outside?" She laughed, the back of her hand now feeling Eunbi's skin to see how warm she was. "Are you sick? I told you all about her. She was the one who helped you when you collapsed."

 

Eunbi stiffened at the realization. She knew she saw Yewon at the concert, but she never expected her to be the one that saved her. "Why did she go by Kim?"

 

"What do you mean?" Jinnie grabbed a water bottle to open, handing it to Eunbi afterward. "That's her name."

 

"No," the photographer rubbed the back of her neck nervously as she ran her teeth over her lower lip. "Her surname is Kim, but her first name is Yewon. I don't understand why she'd introduce herself as her surname..."

 

"Ah," Jinnie responded, a bit confused herself. "But how did you two meet? Kim–.. I mean, when Yewon was at the hospital with me, she said she didn't know you. Is that true?"

 

Eunbi ran her fingers through her hair, trying to figure out what to tell Jinnie. She didn't want to lie to her, but if she didn't tell her now, she'd eventually find out from someone else and that was the complete opposite of what she wanted.

 

"To tell you the truth, Yewon is my ex."

 

Jinnie looked over at the other intently, her stomach dropping. "Really..?"

 

Eunbi noticed Jinnie's sudden shift in posture, her breath shallow. "Yes, really."

 

Jinnie looked down at her lap as her fingertips traced the fabric of her skirt. All of the sudden, her insecurities took over her thoughts. Now the only things she could think about involved putting herself down. Was Eunbi still in love with Yewon? Did she find her prettier?

 

"But... You guys broke up?"

 

"Mhm," Eunbi sighed, trying her best to hide her saddened expression. "But hey, enough of that. I'm glad you came to surprise me even though I only had a few days left. I leave the day after tomorrow."

 

"Oh, I know. I just missed you a lot, so I decided to take a small leave at work and come to Japan with you." Jinnie leaned in to plant a small kiss on the photographer's cheek, her thumb caressing her skin. "Are you disappointed or upset at me for it? You don't seem that excited."

 

"No, no!" Eunbi shook her head. "It's not that. I promise. I just get busy and we've been working from sunrise past sunset. It's pretty hard to show emotions right now."

 

Jinnie's expression turned into worry. She used her slim hand to grasp Eunbi's arm, pulling herself closer so she could hug it as her head rested on the latter's shoulder. "You work so hard. Don't worry, just a few more days and we'll head home together. Then we can relax and find things to do until we have to go back to work."

 

 

"Oh, you made it," Yewon smiled upon spotting her oldest sister carrying bags of food and beverages in. Yewon took a few in her arms as Eunha helped as well.

 

"I did," Seohyun exhaled, handing the rest of the staff members dinner boxes and pastries. "Couldn't miss the last day of filming, now could I?"

 

"I guess not," Yewon chuckled, her hands grasping the bags tightly until she found a table to set them on.

 

"It's nice to see you, Eunha." Seohyun wrapped her arms around the shorter girl in a firm hug. "Did you say hi to Hayi?"

 

"I did," Eunha giggled, her arms around Seohyun's waist since the other was a bit tall. "She's very pretty. I guess it runs in the family genes?"

 

"Sure does," Yewon pitched in, grabbing the paper bags again. "I'll go ahead and rearrange these in the break room so they don't get cold."

 

"Do you need help?" Eunha reached out as Yewon shook her head in response, shuffling away down the hallway to find the break room where they kept their supplies of food and beverages. "So..." Eunha continued, making sure her tone was quiet just in case anyone decided to eavesdrop. "How has it been with Eunbi around and all?"

 

Seohyun placed her hands on her hips, her fingertips digging into the silk fabric of her blouse. It was a custom made piece made by the youngest and she treasured it like no other. She wanted to wear it more, but she was afraid of ruining the quality from being overused and overwashed. "Uh..." She lifted her shoulders into a quick shrug. "Good, actually. No tension, but some awkwardness here and there."

 

"I see, that's good." Eunha folded her arms across her chest since she was getting cold. "She called me when Eunbi first arrived freaking out, so I was afraid something bad was going to happen between them."

 

"Fortunately, nothing bad has happened thus far." Seohyun chuckled, her eyes suddenly scanning the area. "Yuna didn't come?"

 

"Mm-mm," Eunha responded. "I tried contacting her, but she wouldn't pick up. Her manager said she was in the process of writing their next single, so she's probably stuck in her creativity cave. I left her a text just in case she was looking for me."

 

Yewon was busy stacking the dinner boxes on top of another so the crew had easier access to them. She even placed the bottled beverages inside of the fridge to keep cool.

 

The creak of the break room door caught her attention and soon enough, she spotted Jinnie hesitantly stepping inside.

 

"Hey," Jinnie gave a small wave and smile. "I was coming here to grab some water. Do you need help?"

 

"Hi, no I think I'm good. But thank you." Yewon flashed a quick smile, turning back to what she was fixing.

 

Jinnie walked behind quietly, trying her best to not disrupt the CEO who busied herself with setting up the napkins and utensils. Jinnie had her hands around a cold bottle of water, glancing back at Yewon once again. She was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter