Refreshments

Eclipse (The Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where is she?!" Sojung pushed past the crowds, Yerin apologizing on behalf of her best friend as she shoved anyone in front of her to the side.

 

"Who?" The nurse furrowed her eyebrows.

 

"Hwang Eunbi," Yerin stepped in, grabbing Sojung's arm so she could pull her back due to how worried she was. "We're her best friends."

 

"Sign in and we'll let you in the emergency department." The nurse handed them the clipboard to use. "And watch yourself. If we see you pushing another person, we'll call security."

 

Sojung clenched her jaw in response, signing in with her best friend as they ran down the hall towards the emergency department. Their eyes scanned the room numbers, soon spotting room 120.

 

"There she is," Sojung exhaled, pushing open the room door to reveal a sleeping Eunbi. "Thank god she's breathing."

 

"Jesus... I seriously wonder what happened now. She seemed okay at the concert, right?" Yerin sat, her hands grasping the blanket to pull the fabric over their best friend's shoulders. 

 

"I'm pretty sure she got overwhelmed again. Why did she force herself to come..?" Sojung leaned back against the wall to watch the both of them. She knew if she stepped closer, she'd weaken and most likely cry. She hated seeing her friends in this state.

 

"Whatever it is, I'm sure she wanted to come just to support Yuna. She just overexerted this time." Yerin frowned, fixing Eunbi's hair so she'd be more comfortable. "When she's awake, don't bombard her with questions. You know how you are."

 

"But–" Sojung sighed. "Fine... For now." 

 

"Sorry it took me a while! The line was much longer than I expected, so they were taking some time to make our drinks." Jinnie held the cups against her chest firmly but stopped when she spotted Sojung and Yerin. "Where's Kim?"

 

"Who's Kim?" Sojung turned her body to face Jinnie. "There was no one here when we came in."

 

"Maybe she used the bathroom?" Jinnie walked further into the room, placing the refreshments down. "It's too bad if she actually left. It's the only way I can repay her for taking care of Eunbi."

 

"What actually happened?" Yerin stood, allowing Jinnie to take over her place so she could sit next to Eunbi instead.

 

"I went out to find her and she was in this woman's arms before medic took over. I used the ambulance and she drove to the hospital." Jinnie grabbed the bowl of hot water, dipping a small cloth inside to wring and place over Eunbi's forehead to relax her. "Then she waited with me until we heard news from the doctor. With the way she was acting, it kind of seemed like she knew Eunbi, but she said she didn't know who she was."

 

Sojung and Yerin faced each other in confusion. 

 

"She didn't know Eunbi?"

 

"Nope," Jinnie sighed, gesturing towards the drinks. "That's why I bought her a peach tea refresher as a thank you, but when I came back, she left. Her name was Kim."

 

"That's pretty weird, but thanks to her, Eunbi's safe." Yerin smiled, standing side by side with her best friend. "That's all that matters."

 

 

"What's going on?" Eunha took off her jacket as Yewon escorted her best friend inside of her hotel room. She rented out a suite that had a living room and two separate bedrooms. "How did it go?"

 

"Eunbi's stable, she should be waking up soon." Yewon shrugged off her jacket as well to hang beside the door, her eyes dry and tired. "I met Jinnie too."

 

Eunha pressed her lips together. Just from the way her best friend was talking, it was obvious she knew who Jinnie was to Eunbi. "About that–"

 

"No need to try explain things further, unnie. I'm not angry or upset. I'm glad she's moving on."

 

"Yeah, but..." Eunha took a seat on the couch, her eyes careful as her best friend moved around the kitchen to grab drinks. "Have you moved on?"

 

Yewon stood still with the fridge open, a pitcher of ice-cold water in her hand. She wasn't sure what to say and decided to not answer the older's words. She grabbed two glasses, pouring the beverage inside as Eunha stood to join her in the kitchen.

 

"Yewon?"

 

"It doesn't matter if I've moved on or not. I'm happy she's moved on, okay?" Yewon threw her head back to chug down some water. "And she's stable. Isn't that what's most important?"

 

"Of course it's important, but you can't keep pretending that you're okay. It's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter